Driving

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by paulmca2001, Mar 14, 2004.

paulmca2001

paulmca2001 Active Member

I have been doing my driving lessons for a couple of months now, and i've had 20. I'm booking my test in the morning and i was just hoping that someone could give me any tips. I think i'm a good driver but i will probably do something stupid like crash on my test!

I dunno if this is in the right forum but it is quite serious (to me).

thanx in advance.

BloodOnTheDashboard

BloodOnTheDashboard Well-Known Member

i start driving this year! i can't WAIT to hit the roads and prove a whole bucket of people wrong that female drivers suck lol
    the only tips i guess i can offer you is not to crash lol and stay in the far right lane on the motorway! :mellow:

Jamie

Jamie Super Member LPA Super Member

Just remember to keep cool, pretend the examiner isn't ther..but dont get too carried away :lol:

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Being nervous and worried is a problem. You might be so concentrated on the speedometer that you won't be paying attention to the road. Just pretend the instructer isnt there and drive like you do with anyone else.

Missy

Missy Well-Known Member

Good luck! I should be taking my driving test soon, as well. My suggestion is, if you aren't already doing it, when you approach a traffic light that's been green for a while, look over at the pedestrian walk / don't walk sign. If it still says "Walk" or indicates that it's safe to walk across, then the light will stay green and you don't have to worry about the light changing. If it's flashing, the light will turn yellow in about 7 - 10 seconds. If it's red or says "Don't Walk", then the light is going to turn yellow in about 2 seconds if it hasn't already. I would use that so I don't run any lights while I'm taking the test. ;)

coley8605

coley8605 Guest

My instructor was great. He'd led us crank up whatever radio station we wanted and we'd just talk about everything, and he'd have us drive wherever he needed to go to run errands. We all drove at least 60 and he was cool with it. Every once in awhile he'd give us some suggestions. Obey the laws, but actually, I think the instructors would rather see you confident with your driving than stop at a stop sign for a minute, or put your blinker on 3 miles ahead of time, etc. You know, the stuff old ladies do. ^_^

ass_kicker

ass_kicker Banned

hmm... the only tip that i can think of is pretend like you aint nervous, because once he sees you aint sure about what youre doing, he'll be more.. hmm... doubtful is the word i guess.
    good luck dudette.

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

Good luck with your test. I remember when I was taking mine my instructor sneezed when I was driving and it scared me and I accidently swerved off the road a bit...lmao! :lol: I was like "I'm so sorry" and I was just laughing when I said that. He didn't mark me off or anything. It was his fault because he sneezed lol. Now when I am driving with people in the car and one of them sneezes, I bust out laughing. :lol: ehhh...lol.

Good luck though! ^_^

Aaron

Aaron Foundation LPA Super Member

I don't have my license yet.

But just pretend your in a go-cart. Run everything over. Rev the engine alot. And go straight through the tire wall.

Ok, so don't do that. Just wear a full face to be on the safe side.

coley8605

coley8605 Guest

Actually, ya know, that would be kind of fun. "What the hell are you doing?!" "What? This is how I drive in Vice City!"... Or whatever. It'd definitely loosen the situation up.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I don't have my license yet. I could've gotten it a year ago.

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

Yeah, uhh, how about you don't pull a Cameron and get your licence 2 weeks before your 17th birthday? :lol:

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Hehe, you know what's cool? When you get yours, my dad's signature will be at the bottom.

Good luck on your drivers test. :). I don't see the sense in getting my license until I have enough to buy a car myself and get insurance, because mom for some reason unbeknown to me won't let me drive the van. <_<

Hybrid Theory

Hybrid Theory Well-Known Member

I so want to drive! Good luck on your test. I'm going to get driving lessons this summer.

emmmers

emmmers Super Member LPA Super Member

I've been taking secret driving lessons with my dad. I'm only 14 but we go to the empty City Hall (how ironic) parking lot about once a month, and I just drive around for about half hour.

Something tells me I shouldnt be telling my illegal priveleges to a board full of strangers. :lol:

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

If ur driving instructor doesn't buckle his seatbelt, ask him kindly to do it. Don't be too nervous and just act like a friend is in the car. Don't let it get to you, just be calm, confident, and drive smart. Good luck man :)

May

May Ambient

I don't even know why I'm here! I can't even drive bumper cars! (and I'm damn serious! lol I just spin in circles!) :lol:

paulmca2001

paulmca2001 Active Member

Thanx for all the tips guys. I'm off to book my test in about half an hour. I will probably be well nervous when i do it but i will post my result on here after i do it (probs this week).

lpark620

lpark620 Active Member

How old are you? Just wondering. I got my learners license when I was 15 and got my drivers at 16. Ive been driving for almost 6 years now and I gotta say, driving blows. Im tired of it. Its great to be in the passenger seat.

Some tips....just pay extra close attention to what your doing and whats going on around you. Dont want to hit some unsuspecting mom pushing her baby in a stroller crossing the street now do you? Normally, you'd get 50 points for hitting the mom & baby in the stroller. But since this is a test, perhaps its a good thing to not try for the bonus.

Good luck today!

ass_kicker

ass_kicker Banned

lets go may!!! dude, you rock :shifty: i mean dudette.
    hmm... i think i can drive bumper cars... i mean the point of it is to hit other people right? yeah i can do that.
    i have anger management problems... seriously... meh.
    good luck.