Dry Cell Reunited

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Ant, Jul 4, 2008.

Ant

Ant Ambient

According to a bulletin from their Myspace:

"WHATS UP CELL MATES DRY CELL 's ORIGINAL BAND IS BACK!! LETS RAP.. REPLY BACK >>DANNY DRY CELL 's GUITARIST"

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Oh fuck yes.

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

Awesome! ^_^

danielpsoad-09

danielpsoad-09 Well-Known Member

greeat ! i'll be waiting for some music of these guys.

2xPutt

2xPutt Well-Known Member

great news!! this makes my day :D

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

That's awesome. I just listened through Disconnected the other day for the first time in probably two years. I'm looking forward to hearing new music.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Didn't they try this one time before and didn't last that long when reformed?

Don't get me wrong, it'd be nice to get some new music from these guys, but I'm just sayin'.

Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

Seriously? Damn.

lachina128

lachina128 Well-Known Member

Derek is right...
    Last time they even released a 4 track demo and then....they just broke up. I really hope they stay together and give us a kick ass new cd. I went through a lot of trouble to get a copy of disconnected cuz I loved body crumbles and everything they've done.

Trumtram

Trumtram Well-Known Member

serious guys, who the hell needs dry cell anymore? they had their good album but anything they will do in future can't reach their debut because everyone in this thread associates certain parts of youth with it. we all grow out of their kind of music, at least that's my impression. they should've let dry cell rest in peace...

Luke

I never grew out of the music I listened to back then, I just expanded my music taste. I'd love to hear some new stuff by them.

EDIT: Hell, if everyone here grew out of the stuff they listened to back then then this site wouldn't exist. :lol:

Last edited: Jul 5, 2008
    minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Their next album should be all "We're not Linkin Park!" :lol:

I don't think Dry Cell are that bad. I wasn't a big fan of Jeff Gutt's voice, though.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Best news I've heard all year.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

So because you grew out of them, they can't come back and make a new album? :rolleyes:

Trumtram

i see the problem with my statement as i couldn't deliver my point. im on a bad hangover right now so i can't put it right.
    in the end we will see that they won't reach their "class" they used to have during their debut album. i have the feeling they're going to copy what made them popular in the first place and that will miseribly fail. just my 2 cents...

but i can imagine your review of their new stuff. it might be something in th sense of: "it's the best i've ever heard" :)
    so look forward to it, i won't.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2008
    Luke

Don't be so pessimistic. There's no way of telling that whatever new material they release will be good or bad. Let's just wait and see and judge it when it's released.

Trumtram

that's what i will do :)

Syn

Syn Member

If you've listened to Jeff's new band (Band With No Name) you can tell his song writing is different now. Although they werre originally a cover band, they got popular enough that they wrote some original songs. "Criminal", "With You" and "Not Alone" (just to name a few). Not Alone does vaguely remind me of Dry Cell, but the other two are only related because its Jeff's Voice. I think Jeff has an awesome voice when hes not being forced to try and sound like Chester (in Body Crumbles and a few other tracks from disconnected).

They've all grown up. Danny for example is now an adult. He was one hell of a guitarist when they first started when he was 12. They've had 6 years to mature. Im sure what they come out with next will be different. There might still be some of the angst that they used on the first album, but i doubt it will be a copy.

Ant

Ant Ambient

From their Myspace:
    "Dry Cell back by popular demand! Contacted by legendary A&R producer to reunite in late 2007 the band is currently working together on four new demos for Jeff Blue, and is gearing up for their release of their Disconnected record. Dry Cell will be starting to write music for their next record on July 13th. New record to be released In early summer of '09. Disconnected record is to be released after September of this year the moment we get confirmation of the date we will post it here. Get the word out- log on and chat with band members!"

FAQ: http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=3146706&blogID=8399028

I'm sure a few of you remember the name Jeff Blue... if you don't...
    Jeff Blue @ Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Blue

Luke

So Disconnected is actually gonna recieve an official release after all these years? Damn...I dunno if that's wise to be honest...They'd probably be better off leaving it and just recording a new album. I tell you something though, all those people who paid insane amounts for Disconnected when it became a rarerity are gonna be pretty pissed off. :lol: