Music Earthmode - The Things You Carry [OML remix album / free download]

Discussion in 'Your Projects' started by minuteforce, May 19, 2020.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

[​IMG]

Deliveranze and Elaine like this.
    brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Yo this is great, makes me miss the good ol' days when the LP community (and especially members here) were a lot more active with remixing LP songs.

I love the spacious atmosphere on Heavy, and it was a great idea to include those BTS audio clips of the songs inception. You really brought a cool new atmosphere to all the songs on the album. :chuck:

Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

I like the breakbeat-ish and trap style approach you took to remixing this album. It reminds me of the breakbeat compilations I used to listen to. I'm not trying to speak for you and say you went out of your way to do that because I don't like when people speak for my music either. it's just a personal thing I hear from my music listening habits probably. I also enjoy the other styles you threw into the album, like r&b on Heavy 3 and house on Sharp Edges.

I really prefer the version you did of Good Goodbye to the original. I think it puts more power behind Mike's verses because of how the drums play with his delivery. My one critique is that the use of reverb on vocals on this album can be too much for me (Losing You f.e.) at times. I feel like the vocals would feel more personal and engage the listener more if it was dialed down some. Otherwise I love that spin on Halfway Right (I prefer it to the original song also). I realize you did another version of the song that comes later in the album. Halfway is good because it takes away the Broadway-ish feel I got from the og song that I didn't like originally. The guitar work on this and the OML remix is also great. I'm not sure if it's a sampled guitar or a real one but anyway it's beautiful. The new guitar solo on OML especially.

Sharp Edges, Battle Symphony X, Good Goodbye, and Reasons to Pray ended up being my favorite tracks. I feel like this is the most thoughtful and professional remix project I've heard from LPA. Congrats on finishing a very good album.

p.s. my favorite moment on the album is around 2:12 on Battle Symphony X - the flip of the chopped vocal sample is sexy as hell.

Deliveranze, brady and Michele like this.
    Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

The production in this is really good. Nice job. In particular I really appreciate the sort of lo-fi 808 bass stuff you've got going on. It's very impressive that you were able to craft and release this album for our enjoyment.