Empty Spaces/When They Come for Me Transition

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Ant, Sep 11, 2010.

Ant

Ant Ambient

Just wondering if it's my copy, but is the "Empty Spaces" transition into "When They Come for Me" really abrupt? Generally with the other transitions the transition fades into the background when the track starts, but for me all the gunshots and stuff just abruptly stop when the drumming begins on "When They Come for Me."

Is it like this on everyone else's copy?

Jono

Jono Well-Known Member

that's what it's like on my copy as well. I'm sure that's how it's meant to be though. I think it kind of matches the mood of both the tracks to do it that way

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

It's suppose to be that way. I mean, there are bombs being dropped. Think about it.

Ant

Ant Ambient

That doesn't really make sense, IMO. You can hear the bombs earlier in the song, and at that point in the song there's a steady stream of gunfire and the Spanish microphone then it abruptly goes into the drum part.

Sorry, just a random question. It's the only part on the album where my ears are like, "What? Why did that transition even exist?"

Last edited: Sep 11, 2010
    travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

It's more of an outro to Burning In The Skies. Just like Jornada is an outro to Robot Boy.

Ant

Ant Ambient

True, and I like the outro aspect of it, as it's mixed into the end of "Burning in the Skies." But the other transitions are generally mixed into both songs, or they fade at one point. This one's just kinda random.

Not a big deal at all, I was just wondering.

travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

I'm not even sure When They Come For Me fits with the theme of the album, which could be a reason why it doesn't have a smooth transition after Empty Spaces. Maybe someone needs to explain it to me.