Evanescence VS Linkin Park.

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Will, May 30, 2003.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

You've never heard a 12 Stones song then. Paul is not "rapping" in that track, he is singing. Trust me.

Plus it wasn't Evanescence's choice to have him on the song. The song was meant to not have Paul in it.

Bryan

Bryan Guest

You've never heard a 12 Stones song then. Paul is not "rapping" in that track, he is singing. Trust me.

Plus it wasn't Evanescence's choice to have him on the song. The song was meant to not have Paul in it. [/b][/quote]
    He may not be rapping, but he does sound like he is.

And I agree with Rybullet. Will, you said it wasn't Evenascence's choice to have him sing on it, so it was most likely the record label. I think they brought him in to remind people of Linkin Park except a female singer and grap some of the Linkin Park audience.

Will

He may not be rapping, but he does sound like he is.

And I agree with Rybullet. Will, you said it wasn't Evenascence's choice to have him sing on it, so it was most likely the record label. I think they brought him in to remind people of Linkin Park except a female singer and grap some of the Linkin Park audience. [/b][/quote]
    Maybe, but I liked the song before I ever realized there was a male singer on the track, believe it or not. When I first heard it I was so captivated by Amy Lee's vocals that I completely overlooked the fact that Paul was in the song as well.

And it was Wind-Up's choice to put Paul on "Bring Me To Life," but they wouldn't have done it without Evanescence's permission. That's why they put "Bring Me To Life (Bliss Mix)" on their CD-Single as it doesn't have any of Paul's vocals.

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

Not to be rude, but I hate Paul McCoy's contribution to the song. I think he ruins the song. :rolleyes:

Today, 2 girls were singing it at my little sister's talent show. OMG, was that the most horrible thing ever?! A girl doing Paul McCoy's part?! :lol:

[Darken Hybrid]

[Darken Hybrid] Ambient

not really. I got the demo of that song and she is singing alone. It needs a nice touch. A male voice. Paul McCoy did a wonderful job on the song!! I think that it's for him that I like the song even more... :teehee:

Bryan

Bryan Guest

Maybe, but I liked the song before I ever realized there was a male singer on the track, believe it or not. When I first heard it I was so captivated by Amy Lee's vocals that I completely overlooked the fact that Paul was in the song as well.

And it was Wind-Up's choice to put Paul on "Bring Me To Life," but they wouldn't have done it without Evanescence's permission. That's why they put "Bring Me To Life (Bliss Mix)" on their CD-Single as it doesn't have any of Paul's vocals. [/b][/quote]
    Hmm...would you mind sending me that one sometime? I'd love to hear how it sounds with just Amy singing.

Cal

Cal LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Evanescence are a great band, BUT i feel sorry for them as their songs have been given way too much airplay, they will be classed as pop by some people. even tho its way from it, u`ll find little 3 year old girls singing it and ur like :wth:, same with good charlotte, they have been made out to be some pop band and ive seen them classed as that in places

Linkin Parks style is nowhere near evanescence's

they are both special in their own ways

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

Okay Barney!
    :lol:

Chrissy

Chrissy Super Member

Okay Barney!
    :lol: [/b][/quote]
    *cringes in fear* nooo not BARNEY *cries*

:lol:

i was permanently scarred from that show

if ever there is a 3 year old who can actually reach amy's range...be VERY afraid!! i can barely reach her range, then again im a soprano-alto

Terry

Terry Yeah, but I wish you were my shadow. LPA Super Member

well, i dont know WHERE THE HELL some people got the idea that Evanescence sounds like LP. personally, i think Evanescence has good music, but the only thing that Evanescence has in common w/ LP is that theyre both kinda rock. nothing else. thats it. theyre both TWO DIFFERENT BANDS, for the people who think otherwise.

COMPLETELY DIFFERENT.

Crazy.Desperate.Insane

Crazy.Desperate.Insane Well-Known Member

Speaking of too much airplay, I think that some of LP's songs are "overplayed".. like other good bands such as Evannesence.. it really sucks.. I feel sorry whenever good songs are over played.. Your song being over played may mean that you are a really good band/ singer or may mean that you produced a very good song. But your song being overplayed may take away the true message or the true essence of your music.

:wth:

Evanescence Sucks ass dude. Its as simple as that. Have a nice day.

osctotheedge

osctotheedge Banned

You said it right

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

I find it funny that you're angered at how you feel some topics here at LPA are "teenie" when here you are disrespecting a band without any reason whatsover. Teenies to me have no I.Q. and for you to make a comment like that, pretty much puts you on the same level as them.

In other words, why do you feel they suck? It's not as simple as that. And I'm not taking sides because I don't listen to this band either, but you don't see me being ignorant. You have a nice day.

Tim2

Tim2 Ambient

That was a little of of line there Don't Do It Kurt.

I think the main reason for the similarities for Evanescence sounding like Linkin Park is that most people have only heard 'Bring Me to Life' and that's a fast paced song, with a second singer. What people would realize is that if they bought Fallen and listened to the entire thing they'd see that their alot different. Evanescence seems to bring a Gothic feel with them, where Linkin Park doesn't, at all. Both bands are very good IMO.

I find it funny that you're angered at how you feel some topics here at LPA are "teenie" when here you are disrespecting a band without any reason whatsover. Teenies to me have no I.Q. and for you to make a comment like that, pretty much puts you on the same level as them.

In other words, why do you feel they suck? It's not as simple as that. And I'm not taking sides because I don't listen to this band either, but you don't see me being ignorant. You have a nice day. [/b][/quote]
    Oh I have a reason allright. It's called their music. I don't like it. Therefore in my mind i think if i don't like this music I will say it sucks. There's no theories behind it, it's just as simple as that. It doesn't mean everyone thinks they suck. Only in my mind. Although I think some people agree with me.

P.S- It's gonna be okay big fella. Have a great day.

osctotheedge

osctotheedge Banned

They can't tell you what to do. Say what what you will. It is good to have frequent pokemon battles

Will

You like Pokemon?

*points and laughs*

osctotheedge

osctotheedge Banned

No, I was just kidding. I am only half asian and half mexican. Mexicans don't like pokemon

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

It's okay, put the cards down and step away from the binders filled with cards.

I've only heard that one song from them and I don't like it too much, but I'm not gonna judge them by one song. I'll check them out another day.

And Mr. Kurt-lover, you're completely ignorant and there's nothing more to that. Have a nice stay here at LPA. :)