Evanescence

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Alexis, Jul 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    [Darken Hybrid]

[Darken Hybrid] Ambient

That is pure crap! Evanescence and Linkin Park aren't the same and Amy Lee doesn't sound pop.

It'd be nice if Amy Lee collaborated with LP though...

Alexis

Alexis Extremely H! Vltg3

that would be cool, but I can't imagine it happening.

AcaliGuyinTX

AcaliGuyinTX Member

For one, I'm glad Terry isn't on or she's probably edit all your grammar errors.

Second, Evanescene's music is not 'poppy'. They're a lot heavier live, so I suggest you not judge them all by their CD. Evanescence is no Mudvane... They're no Otep, they're not a metal band where they scream their lungs out at the crowd and swear their heads off in between. They're more artistic than that. Their songs form art. I doubt you'd understand that, but Evanescence is NOT pop, and hey, I think a lot of people agree that Amy Lee (vocalist) DOES have a great voice.

I'd really hate to see you as a music reviewer... No offense, but the way you justify your music doesn't make sense--like your grammar. [/b][/quote]
    yes yes yes u said it Amy Less dose have an awsome voice adn the cd shows it from her singing with a hard backing to her with just a piano shes great and also hes hott, but u cant just judge a band from the singles they put out! thats just rude and ignorant( freak the spelling) :chemist: :chemist:

Bryan

Bryan Guest

I can garauntee if Evanescence had a male vocalist you wouldn't have said that.

I hate close-minded people like you who think that just because there's a female lead singer, they're pop. They're not pop, they're Gothic metal. [/b][/quote]
    Gothic Metal? What the #### is that?

I don't mind Evanescence, I listen to them once in awhile, but they aint near Metal. They're not gothic, they're not metal. They are flat out rock music.

Just because Amy Lee has her little 'goth' thing going on doesn't make their music gothic.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Gothic Metal? What the #### is that?

I don't mind Evanescence, I listen to them once in awhile, but they aint near Metal. They're not gothic, they're not metal. They are flat out rock music.

Just because Amy Lee has her little 'goth' thing going on doesn't make their music gothic. [/b][/quote]
    Well excuse me Mr. ####### Know-It-All.

I apologize for being so wrong, your highness.

:rolleyes:

Bryan

Bryan Guest

Well excuse me Mr. ####### Know-It-All.

I apologize for being so wrong, your highness.

:rolleyes: [/b][/quote]
    Ok? So you can flat out say they are Gothic Metal but I can't flat out say they aren't gothic metal?

EDIT: As for my 'what the #### is that' comment, I wasn't being an a-hole. I was seriously asking a question. I've never heard of gothic metal. I don't get how your music can be gothic when being gothic is supposdly a lifestyle.

What's next; Pop Metal?! :blink: :lol:

Will

Ok? So you can flat out say they are Gothic Metal but I can't flat out say they aren't gothic metal? [/b][/quote]
    It's the fact that you always think you're right.

Any Gothic person I've talked to in real life (REAL Goths, not poseurs) have said that Evanescence is Gothic. They may not be Gothic METAL, but they're Gothic.

Bryan

Bryan Guest

I don't always think i'm right.

And yea, Amy Lee might be gothic, but I don't get how music can be. Shes a gothic girl singing rock music is how I see it.

Will

They had a whole interview explaining it. That's why they're not in any Christian record stores.

Being Gothic is a lifestyle, but you can express your views in your music and that's what Evanescence does.

Bryan

Bryan Guest

So Linkin Park is? :blink:

I mean, Linkin Park isn't gothic, they don't cuss, so they're sold in christian music stores? :wth:

Will

So Linkin Park is? :blink: [/b][/quote]
    What?

Edit:

No. Evanescence's label took them out of Christian record stores.

Bryan

Bryan Guest

What?

Edit:

No. Evanescence's label took them out of Christian record stores. [/b][/quote]
    Yea, but I mean, that doesn't prove they're gothic music.

I dought Linkin Park, or Staind are sold in christian music stores and they sure aren't gothic music.

Will

Yea, but I mean, that doesn't prove they're gothic music.

I dought Linkin Park, or Staind are sold in christian music stores and they sure aren't gothic music. [/b][/quote]
    I know what you're saying.

But any Gothic person I've talked to--I know 2 or 3 and my friend has been friends with 1 for 4 years--has said that Evanescence is Gothic.

*shrugs*

Bryan

Bryan Guest

I know what you're saying.

But any Gothic person I've talked to--I know 2 or 3 and my friend has been friends with 1 for 4 years--has said that Evanescence is Gothic.

*shrugs* [/b][/quote]
    I dunno. I think the only reason people would classify them as gothic is because of Amy Lee. :wth: :wth:

Will

I dunno. I think the only reason people would classify them as gothic is because of Amy Lee. :wth: :wth: [/b][/quote]
    That's not why they classify them as Gothic.

At least that's what they say.

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

What's wrong with being gothic?

I think the 'goth' style is pretty cool :lol:.

I wouldn't classify their music as goth, but I DO consider their older stuff darker and more raw than Fallen, in my opinion. Hell, I love Evanescence any way, so it doesn't technically matter what they're classified as.

They rock live, by the way :).

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

They're not Gothic or even close to being "Hard Rock"...dude, LP is harder than them. :wth:

"Hard Rock" I guess is music is like Static-X.

I have an idea:
    Why can't we just leave it at "rock?" Why must people diversify everything, damnit?

ROCK MUSIC.

There? See? Much better.

Will

You're more uptight about that then anyone else on here. :rolleyes:

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

It's one of my pet-peeves when someone tries to diversify genres. I think a band should define its own music and not try to create little sub-genres for their fans. I'm not saying that's their intentions, but...yeah.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

can't anyone make a thread where people don't fight?

people have their own classifications for music, everyone is different. trying to force your classifications on others because you think they're wrong, or fighting with someone because you don't agree is childish. just let people classify their own music however the hell they want, and you continue to do the same. sheesh.

why can't a thread be made where people don't jump down people's throats over an opinion?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.