Evanescence's Amy Lee bashes Christina & Britney

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Will, Sep 30, 2003.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Evanescence singer Amy Lee is again speaking out on Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera. She told Steppin' Out magazine's Chaunce Hayden: "Britney Spears doesn't rock. She's a mechanical pop robot, OK? Basically she's a puppet. Although Britney Spears isn't as bad as Christina Aguilera when it comes to showing skin... Christina shows a lot more. They both seem to be competing with each other... It doesn't offend me. It's just tragic. It's really sad." Her advice for the pair? "Don't feel like you have to sell sex just to get people to listen to you."

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

WORD. I strongly agree with what she said.

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

I guess it would be alright if we had 2 topics going on in the same thread, eh Will? (If you want to seperate this into another topic, then go right ahead)

More Evanescence News:

New Material in the works for Evanescence

In a recent interview with CNN.com, Amy Lee stated that both herself and Ben are working on new material for a follow-up to their debut album, Fallen. It is beleived that the band has had a studio built into their tour bus, so that they could work while touring.

The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

I have so much more respect for Amy Lee now

Alex

Alex Ambient

and your point ....... ? ............. :whistle:

Anthony.

Anthony. .Orestes LPA Super VIP

No, no way, showing skin is good :D .

But I must agree Amy Lee is right... But it's like this in the pop music industry...

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

and your point ....... ? ............. :whistle: [/b][/quote]
    The point is that if you want fame, you just need a couple big tits and some short skirts, no talent needed. So while uglier people with talent are struggling to make a living, Britney and Christina with no talent show some skin and make millions

erasethepain

erasethepain Well-Known Member

She says that now but once people start getting old of Evanescence and their music, the record company will do the same thing to her.

ProJecT NotHinG

ProJecT NotHinG Banned

Yeah and she'll tell them to f*ck off...same thing Ben did to the Christian music industry

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

I respect Amy for saying this. She said before she'd never use her body to sell her music, and I respect any female that thinks that way. You don't need to sell your body for attention--If you make good music, people will listen. Although sex is the best way to sell now days, it corrupts our youth, so I'm glad atleast one female in the music industry doesn't have to pose in sexual ways just to sell music. I honestly think Evanescene won't be dying anytime soon--I mean, with the growth of Evanescence from the beginning, it's likely the fans won't abandon the band for awhile--like Linkin Park. I'm sure if they get dropped from their label for not posing sexually, some other company will sign them because of their success.

Just my opinion, though.

_PianoPaPercut_

_PianoPaPercut_ Ambient

WORD. I strongly agree with what she said. [/b][/quote]
    Me too, i definately agree with that. I really respect Amy Lee on so many levels. And I dont think she'll ever pull a Britney, Christina or even a Jewel. And like Keaton said, Evanescence doesnt seem like they're going to die anytime soon and they have so many fans that wont abandon them [like LP].
    Anyway, i found this article off MTVAsia.com on the same topic as this one, if any of you want to read it just go ahead:
    Evanescence: I'll do anything for rock, but I won't do that!
    ~PeaCe and DusT ^_^ *go AMY!! you rock!*

although many, many, MANY have failed at not stooping to the lowest levels, i kinda believe she wont... and if she does eventually for some reason, i'll be a little disappointed but as long as she plays music, i'm there. i mean...

IT'S ALL ABOUT THE MUSIC, MAN!!

erasethepain

erasethepain Well-Known Member

I'm sure Britney and Christinia don't feel good about what they are doing. If you remember, when Britney first came into the scene, she was wearing a tight tanktop and people were already making a big deal over it. I really don't see how she can go from that to actually wanting to do what she's doing now. It's not her choice. If she wants to make money and music, she's going to have to do these things.

Whimsicality

Whimsicality I broke the dam.

I agree with Amy about how the whole pop scene sucks now (it's been like this as long as I can remember--what was it like before?) but bashing other preformers outright is a pretty low blow. It doesn't matter what they're doing, no one's bashing her. I respect Amy Lee very much as an artist, but I'm surprised she needs to put down other people.

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

Its all about making the other musicans look bad because if you bash someone, and people don't like them, then they'll listen to your music because you dont like what they dont like. In a way, all she as trying to do was to get Christina and Britney haters as fans

Phantom Duck

Phantom Duck You are my detonator. LPA Super Member

If only Ben wasn't there to compose all the songs...

Chrissy

Chrissy Super Member

My friend was telling me about the steps taken to record a CD. With singers like Christina and Britney, what you hear isn't even their natural voice! The recorder takes many layers of their voice so that it sounds close to what you hear. I don't understand how people can listened to someone so manufactured, when you have true artists that don't need a manufactured voice, like Amy Lee.

GrnEyedBeauty82

GrnEyedBeauty82 Well-Known Member

you get all your info from the evboard don't ya will? ;)

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Shhh.

GrnEyedBeauty82

GrnEyedBeauty82 Well-Known Member

Shhh. [/b][/quote]
    a lil late for that? it's all good though.. i won't tell em