Fan Interviews Phoenix

Discussion in 'News' started by Hybrid, Jun 11, 2013.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

LPA member irene_ got a chance to chat with Phoenix of Linkin Park. In the interview, they discuss Linkin Park's plans for 2014 including the upcoming record, The Mall Soundtrack, and touring. Also, they discuss the band's writing process, the use of technology as well as social media. Below is the interview published from lpfancorner.

What are your thoughts about the upcoming year for Linkin Park? Who is excited for The Mall Soundtrack? Who is excited about more technology being integrated into the live show? What kind of technology do you think that could be? Stop by our forums and talk about it!

Source: @irenekrygowski l lpfancorner l irene_

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

Awesome interview, Irene! :D

laura

laura Well-Known Member

ok but about the new cd ?

xEsaul

xEsaul Well-Known Member

Says right in the interview.

TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

somehow I knew what his answers will be to those questions...

Denny

Denny @Jackethx

Wow... He wasn't very elaborate XD

xEsaul

xEsaul Well-Known Member

It's better to be vague than to give false promises if something happens to contradict what was said before.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Well, on all the questions that everyone wants a reply on, he answered with what we already kinda knew... :lol: Still, awesome interview!

Stino LPLeaks

Stino LPLeaks Well-Known Member

Yeah, now we definitely know a whole lot more about their plans for 2014. :kappa:

(Well played, Phoenix)

irene_

irene_ Member

Thank you thank you!

In regards to the interview being vague, I agree that it's better to give a vague answer than a false answer than one that contradicts previous statements. (ie: European tour or "only North American tour in 2013")

The original interview had 14 questions but it seems Dave only had time enough time for the questions answered. While it didn't answer any future plans, it was still nice to see Dave's view on how he/they feel about where they are at right now. I'm so thankful to have been given this opportunity.

Funny the question about SSMF was answered in the recent LP-TV (hahaha!) which by the way you can see Dave talking to me on the phone =)

Glad to have been able to share this with everyone & I'm sorry Dave was predictable but I still enjoyed his answers especially about the mangled bass which is my FAVORITE bass, I was happy to find out wasn't retired just yet! I REALLY hope that it's at the Sunset Strip Music Festival show but it could be on it's way to ASIA!

-Irene

Hybrid

We did get the answer that the band is working on BOTH the Mall Soundtrack and Album 6 simultaneously. It was rumored, but never confirmed that I know of until now. That makes me excited for Album 6 because there is a very real possibility that the music could help tell a story and not just rely on the lyrics.

Geki

Geki >.

Nothing really new, but cool interview nonetheless. Thanks for sharing! I now will somewhat expect a new LP album and tour in 2014.

eleven

eleven Banned

Must be hard for the band members to keep quiet about their new record. Especially after new ideas, finishing songs. I can't wait for the new LPTV episodes so we can hear some new stuff!

Hybrid

That's actually fine with me. I don't want another QWERTY to happen, if you know what I mean.

Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

It technically DID with New Divide. But yeah. Agreed.

colinreid

colinreid Well-Known Member

Good read! Personally as much as I would want it to. I don't think we will have a new album coming out this year, would imagine early next year at least. I also think we'll have a better chance of "The Mall" soundtrack coming out this year beforehand. Tour wise I think we'll have to wait till next year for a UK tour..

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Yeah, obviously no chance of a new Linkin Park studio album being released this year.

Vdalem

Vdalem Purrfect! LPA Super VIP

Thank you Irene! Mike taught him what to say so if it wasn't your idea of an answer........Blame Mike! Lol

LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

No point in actually asking anyone in the band about the new album since probably they themselves aren't sure how it would sound. Hopefully, next time people can ask more about the Mall soundtrack and when the movie might release.
    Good interview. Thank you Irene :D

Hybrid

Irene did ask about The Mall... Phi said "They will be released when they are ready…" :bradwink: