FBI Releases Video of 2 Boston Bombing Suspects

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Rahat, Apr 19, 2013.

Rahat

Rahat Nyeh LPA VIP

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57580325/fbi-releases-video-of-2-boston-bombing-suspects/

I'm going to be honest...as childish as it might be, my first reaction was "fuck yes it isn't a brown guy". That being said though the amount of bigotry surrounding this really disgusts me. So many people jumping to the conclusion that it must be a Muslim terrorist with no real proof. The New York Post had a picture up of this 17 year old kid portraying him as one of the suspects that authorities were apparently looking for:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162...ortrayal-as-boston-bombing-suspect/?tag=socsh

The kid had nothing to do with it he was just at the damn marathon, happened to have a bag, and had brown skin. He's scared to leave his house and is being attacked at school because of this. I hope his family can get a good lawyer and sue The Post for this.

A man who saw the suspect:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-...n-iconic-photo-helped-identify-attackers.html

Last edited: Apr 19, 2013
    Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

tbh that's a lot of peoples reactions, le reddit in particular was foaming at the mouth hoping it was whitey.

Now it's time to what surely must be unveiling myself as a racist, buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut

they still look slightly Arabic to me, personally. They have the facial features of a lot of Egyptian/Palestinians I know.
    [​IMG]

Rahat

Rahat Nyeh LPA VIP

Blackee Dammet

I'm guessing white hat on far left?

Yeah, still kinda looks like a light skinned arab dude to me.

Rahat

Rahat Nyeh LPA VIP

I don't know dude...looks like a white guy to me

Blackee Dammet

Not all arabs are necessarily "brown people". That said, it's not entirely clear, for all I know they white, they just strike me as an middle eastern looking gents from these pictures.

Although this isn't exactly helping the case;

Reflectionist

Reflectionist Excuse me while I kiss the sky.

I know.

travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

There's a lot of weird shit surrounding this right now. I'm going to wait until tomorrow to see if it sorts itself out. Crazy night for news.

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Blackee Dammet

Apparently they were Chechen, which are both muslims (though not Arabs) and technically white. So... everyone wins?

I'm not entirely sure why Chechens would have beef with Freedomland since they hate Russians who were are not exactly on friendly terms with, but ok.

deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

Rahat

Rahat Nyeh LPA VIP

The fact that one of them managed to escape when they were outnumbered and outgunned troubles me. The officer that died saved a lot of peoples lives in MIT. They had to have received some form of training from somewhere.

Blackee Dammet

The fact that (allegedly) the one that was killed wasn't taken down by the police but run over by his own brother is either hilarious or sad to me.

Maybe both.

Rahat

Rahat Nyeh LPA VIP

I can't get over the fact that he's 19. I know kids younger than him have done crazier shit around the world but I guess it's just different when you see it happening close by. I can't imagine myself in his position a few years ago.

Jesse

Apparently (rumor) NBC is reporting that the law enforcement are looking for two (other) accomplices, one suspected to be in the Boston are, and one believed to have taken a train to Connecticut.

Explains why the whole of Boston being on lockdown..

Rahat

Rahat Nyeh LPA VIP

Watching a live coverage from ABC they said that his brother was shot during the gun fight last night.

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

About the "arabic" appearance thing, it really depends on the region, because there are A LOT of arabic people both immigrants and descendants living in my country and they are ALL white as milk. Difference is that they generally came from either Syria or Lebanon.

My dad's wife is of direct arabic ascendance, speaks arabic fluently and she and his siblings and parents(✝) are all white.

And about the attacks in Boston, I was (and still am, since nothing is concluded yet) really hoping the responsible wasn't a "muslim" or arabic person.. Simply because it worsens their reputation (well, we all know the precedents) and I tend to feel sorry about those arabic and muslim people who are actually good people, but then get fingerpointed and judged all too quickly.

Hoping investigations can find those responsible and Boston can get back on their feet, they don't deserve this.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Jesse

I hear there are ~9,000 law enforcement on scene from CNN. (CNN, uggh) If that's true, what the hell? All those people looking for one asshole. Fucking insane.

Rahat

Rahat Nyeh LPA VIP

He got away from all of them on foot too