Fight The Fade - Second Horizon

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by brady, May 20, 2014.

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Today the rock group Fight The Fade released their new album, Second Horizon. This would be Fight The Fade's second album, with What We Know being their first. I was never really a huge fan of their first album, only having a few songs I liked. But this new album fails to have a song that disappoints me. I know that pretty much everyone on hear probably has not heard of Fight The Fade, so I strongly recommend you guys check out this new album. You can check out their YouTube page to see their three singles from the album, Monolith, Second Horizon, and Rise. The full album is also out on Spotify.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 21, 2014
    MagmaXtreme

MagmaXtreme Well-Known Member

It took me long enough but I finally got around to listening to this album. After What We Know I've been really anticipating this one. Monolith got me excited for this record, but A Day Is Coming was the song that introduced me to this band. They have great messages in their songs with resonating lyrics and melodies.

I have to say the singles for this album, with the minor exception of Monolith, are some of the weakest tracks. They don't reflect enough what the rest of the songs on the track list offer. Lost (Feat. Vince Lichlyter) has some really sad and emotional vibe to it, and Cut Me Off (You Can't) has a great guitar solo, these tracks really stand out on the album. The harmonious guitar tunes and atmosphere in Ignition are highly enjoyable and the lyrics in Confessional Of Lies convey a powerful message.

I'm impressed by how they handled the electronic instrumentation on this one, many of their previous tracks were more raw so it's really good to see that they can provide some versatility with their music.

Btw wasn't American Missionary (Tracklist here: http://www.newreleasetuesday.com/lyricsdetail.php?lyrics_id=81235 ) their first album? :p

Great album, also not a single bad song on there for me, would stick around as I'm interested in seeing what these guys can offer next.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2014
    brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

MagmaXtreme

MagmaXtreme Well-Known Member

You can find some tracks from that album on youtube, I recommend "Welcome" : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REJlt4xZgQE

Sometimes it pays to do research on a band that's not even popular in the underground such as FTF so you find goodies like this :)

EDIT: An interview with the band just came out on youtube, they share the inspiration behind each song on the album, quite interesting - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=338Y6jNXqt0&feature=youtu.be

Last edited: Aug 6, 2014