Football (Soccer)

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by FreeYourMind, Mar 31, 2005.

1. Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Go on youtube and search for him. ;)

2. Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

The thing that's weird though is that Wenger never practises penalties with Arsenal and 9 times out of ten we convert our penalties and win penalty shoot outs.

3. JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

that would be my advice too :)

4. shockwave

shockwave Well-Known Member

was just joking guys :), i know he was pretty good when he was first introduced but i just havnt been much of a fan of his play recently...when watchin villa, i personally enjoy some of what agbonlahor does...he is sure a promising player. i think hes got some english in him and i think he could break through into our struggling england side sooner or later ;)

5. Dean

Yeah, he's half English but he'd probably stand a better chance of a career with Nigeria and Scotland who he also qualifies for. Moore is a better prospect though imo, but unfortunately he's been injured for most of the season but he did score a nice goal with his first touches against Boro. Gary Cahill's another one once he learns how to defend set-pieces.
    Angel was good especially considering the lack of service he received at times, and that he is much better playing off a target man which is a position he didn't tend to get played in. Not to mention that he had to play a lot of games alongside Vassell and Baros who at times can be two of the laziest players in the world which is the exact opposite of what Angel was. The only criticism I have for him is that he is a crap penalty taker and that at best he was worth probably two thirds of what we paid for him, At least now he can enjoy himself and we can move on and give someone younger a chance. It's a shame he can't play for us one more time though. Good luck Juan.

6. Luke

After observing Jens Lehmann's performances over the past few months, I think it's time we get a new goalkeeper.

7. Dean

As long it's not a good one who would otherwise want to sign for us.

8. Luke

Also on another note, I dunno why everyone is calling Jenas' strike 'stunning', it took a big deflection and the shot itself wasn't anything special.

9. Dean

It wasn't stunning but the deflection wasn't that big either.

10. Cale.

Cale. Banned

Aren't Arsenal supposedly lining up for the Football Manager god Igor Akinfeev?

11. Luke

Hopefully, I think he's better than Lehmann, and like 17 years younger.

12. Evan™

Evan™ HI! I'm Randy, I'm a Bandicoot Über Member

not sure who Arsenal are looking at at the moment but Italy looks like a good ground for Goalkeepers in my opinion...

13. JJ

i know its a long (long) shot, and the use of your imagination is needed to the max here. but my friend said something to me today which made sense kinda.

the whole 'whos guna win the title, Man U or Chelsea?' debate is dominating the headlines recently. however, i dont take much interest in that to be frank, im really into my local team, Hartlepool United. Hartlepool and Walsall who are first and second respectively, are both promoted and are both going for the title of champions in League Two (this is were you imagination is key) and if you look at the results from the weekend it is very similar to the whole Man U, Chelsea thing.

Man U/ Hartlepool - both drew their matches and gave the chance for the second place teams to catch up. Man U with Newcastle and Hartlepool with Notts County.

Chelsea/ Walsall - Chelsea only managed a draw whilst Walsall got beat. To the relief of both the top teams clubs and fans.

and with all that said, the gap in both leagues, from top to second is spookly, only three points!

i dont think any of you guys will see this as i do, with the exception of Dean maybe (who is a Walsall supporter)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

..i told you your imagination was key to this post :lol:

Last edited: Apr 23, 2007
  14. Luke

[​IMG]

Jose Mourinho hanging out with Vince and Shane McMahon? Fuck no. :lol:

15. Cale.

Cale. Banned

Another big performance from the lads to put us in a good position for the 2nd leg.

We amazingly contained Kaka in the second half, which along with pinning them back in their own half, allowed us to dominate the game.

3-2 ain't so bad seeing our defence is decimated at the moment. With the amount of chances we created, i'm sure we'll send one or two into the net at the San Siro.

I'm making the bold prediction that Manchester United Football Club will indeed be in the UEFA Champions League final. Lets hope I don't have egg on my face next week.

16. JJ

it takes a brave man to say that - i just hope your right

i think its to close to call, in theory its only half time. anything could happen..

17. Dean

I don't think United are in that great a position, I mean Milan have two away goals. And Pools will win League 2.

18. Luke

The only way you're in a good posistion with Milan is if you win by 3 goals and don't concede. :lol:

19. Cale.

Cale. Banned

Our defenders will have to have the game of their lives. Alot rests on Rio being fit because that allows Fletcher to play midfield rather than right back.

Hopefully we'll see

---------Vds----------
    O'Shea--Rio-Brown--Heinze
    Carrick---Scholes---Fletcher
    Ronaldo----------------Giggs
    -------------Rooney-----------

I'm thinking way too far ahead though, must beat Everton!

20. Evan™

Evan™ HI! I'm Randy, I'm a Bandicoot Über Member

someone has got himself some friends....:shifty: