Football (Soccer)

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by FreeYourMind, Mar 31, 2005.

1. devilsnight2003

devilsnight2003 Dogs Don't kill People, Wabbits Do

Ive just seen MOTD, Petrov's goal was awsome, Roy Carroll had a howler, so glad he doesnt play for United anymore. 6-0, thats embarrasing even for someone in Darby's position

2. Cale.

Cale. Banned

Exactly what I thought while I was watching it.

How the fuck did this guy ever play in goals for us?

He's fucking crap.

3. devilsnight2003

devilsnight2003 Dogs Don't kill People, Wabbits Do

Its a united tradition to buy a crap keeper Taibi nd Barthez spring to mind, lol. We did buy him from wigan after all

4. Gitsnik

Gitsnik WAAAGH!!! Über Member

Well at first I would have said Lens would stay but they have crappy results. As for PSG, they're playing at Paris tonight (they won like 2 matches there this season) against the 4th so I suppose they'll take their 18th spot again.

4 Nancy 55 pts 33 played 14 won 13 drws 6 lost +13
    17 Paris SG 35 32 8 11 13 -7
    18 Lens 35 33 8 11 14 -8

5. Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

I don't think we deserved to lose that. But then again we don't get what we deserve now do we.

6. Cale.

Cale. Banned

I love you, Owen Hargreaves.

7. Gitsnik

Well Paris lost again but this time it was really embarassing. First, because they didn't lose a match at the Stade de France since December, second, because they were leading 2-1 against Nice at the 77th minute and took 2 goals at the 83rd and 86th by individual actions by players that got through the defence with no difficulty.

But that's not the only things that make PSG one of the weakest teams this season:

-Landreau is probably the worst Ligue 1 goalkeeper.
    -they bought two unknown Brasilian players that only weakened the team.
    -Le Guen: for this match, while he still had one substitution left, which he could have used to keep the score to 2-1 by strengthening his defence, didn't use it.
    -the next matches: while Nice won against Paris without real motivation (they were 11th before yesterday's match and didn't really need to win), their next opponants will be playing for European ligues or just to stay in the L1, which will be more difficult.
    -some say the problems come from the stakekeepers that made bad choices but I don't think it's the only problem.

8. Evan™

Evan™ HI! I'm Randy, I'm a Bandicoot Über Member

ah well, better start planning for next season

9. Luke

It'll be interesting to see what Wenger does in the summer. I get the feeling we might see two or three departures from the club (I have a horrible feeling that Flamini will be one of them). I think we'll be pushing hard to bring in Hatem Ben Arfa and a few others. It'll be interesting to see how Carlos Vela does next season too. He's done extremely well on loan at Osasuna and some people are tipping him to be the next big name.

There are rumours that Senderos might have played his last game not only for the club but as a football player. Apparently he was mentally shattered after the Liverpool game and broke down in tears for his errors.

10. Dedicated

Dedicated LPA Addict LPA Addict

I think the problem with Arsenal is that they're very naive in defense. Other than that they're a great team that play very impressive football.

Wenger needs to sort the defence out as a matter of urgnecy though, otherwise Arsenal will keep losing out.

11. Luke

I don't know why we're so terrible in defence. If you look at the first choice back four of Sagna, Toure, Gallas and Clichy it's a pretty impressive lineup and one would think it was one of the strongest in the premier league. And yet we've only kept 12 clean sheets all season...

12. Cale.

Cale. Banned

Cheers Heskey!

[​IMG]

13. Gitsnik

Lol @ Van Persie

14. JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

LOL @ Arsene Wenger ^^ :lol:

15. Evan™

i'm pretty sure Senderos can bounce back from that and make him stronger then ever, he's a young lad still has plenty to learn he just needs a good guiding hand

16. Cale.

Cale. Banned

Senderos is fucking shit.

Meanwhile we have 2 brilliant young defenders in Pique and Evans that can't get a game. Hopefully they stay on but the Rio/Vidic partnership doesn't look like it will be broken for many years.

17. Luke

Apparently we're chasing David Villa. There's a 90% chance we wont get him but if we did I guaruntee we'd have the best strike partnership in the premiership with Adebeyor's ability to frustrate the hell out of defenders and Villa's deadly finishing. One can dream...

18. Evan™

i doubt Villa would go to Arsenal but i think Arsene should look at Benzema actually

19. Cale.

Cale. Banned

Benzema, if he goes, will fetch 20 million GDP easily. I don't see Wenger paying that.

20. Luke

Benzema doesn't want to go to the premiership though. Barca or Milan will get him I reckon. Villa on the other hand has said that if he moves to England it's Arsenal he wants to play for.