Forgiving What They've Done

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Mar 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

I read through this thread and have more thoughts I'd like to share.

One being the single cover. Although it is just a cover for the single, I do like it. But look at all the rest of LP's single CD art, none of them are all that impressive, except the ones from Hybrid Thoery and Reanimation, but that's my opinion.

Another thing is some of you are saying the clips we've heard are too soft and all that and want more harder, electronic songs. Well, wouldn't that be just putting us back to the old days? Everyone wanted a new Linkin Park, I wanted a new Linkin Park, and we're getting it. And quite frankly, I'm loving every second of the anticipation.

2. Big Boy 3000

Big Boy 3000 Well-Known Member

100% w/ u man!!! :lol:

3. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

People will always have their opinions. I personally did not like the single either at first when I listened to it but that's because I didn't understand what they were trying to do until after a few listens. Linkin Park aren't going to be this 'balls to the wall' nu-metal group anymore. The band has matured (they're 30 years old) and so has their music. The purpose of the new song was not to have people go "OMFG BEST LYRICS EVA" but to have people focus on the texture of the music and the soundscape it creates. When listening to it from a musical standpoint and not taking it at face value, it is a progression for the band. Brad's guitar playing has evolved to more than just 4-5 powerchords per chorus, Rob's drums are tighter than before and Chester's vocal range is more advanced then it was only three years ago. So yeah, musically its a step up.

Personally, you have the classic rock logo/single cover, the whole fact they're using vintage guitars/drum machines/a moog synth, then you get the fact they listened to Pink Floyd/King Crimson for inspiration.

My best guess? They're trying to be the next Pink Floyd. They no longer want to rock out, but instead they want to create musical experiences that challenge the mind and intrique the listener.

And honestly? More power to them. If anyone has the power to be a modern day Pink Floyd, its Linkin Park. Brad may have a while to go before he proves himself as a guitar virtuoso, but just like PF...Linkin Park were ahead of their time when they first formed back in 1996.

This band has a potential to really shock on this album. Just be patient and stick with em you guys. I have a funny (but good) feeling about this CD.

4. EdGreene

EdGreene Well-Known Member

I agree with every word you just said. And I truthfully feel this will be a step in the right direction for this band. If they can pull this off, they will have the longeivity to last a very long time.

5. Kobe #24

Kobe #24 Well-Known Member

i cant wait

6. Rosh

Rosh Well-Known Member

:lol:

7. LPLifeFan

LPLifeFan Well-Known Member

I thought it'd be something new; oh well.

8. EdGreene

Alright so it was redundant. Sue me and then take all my money.;)

9. Paul

Paul The Ultimate Victory LPA Super Member

This album will shit on Hybrid Theory and Meteora. You can quote me on that too.

You put Rick Rubin and Mike Shinoda in a studio together, something amazing is bound to be produced.

10. LPLifeFan

LPLifeFan Well-Known Member

Word, man, word.

11. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I'm going to take the biggest risk ever right now and agree with you. First singles are the worst tracks on a CD, and What I've Done is actually really great for being the supposed 'worst song' if they follow that formula.

This album will make Hybrid Theory sound like a group of five year olds made it. That's the way I theorize on all of this.

12. EdGreene

If Mike Shinoda + Jay-Z = great,
    and Mike Shinoda + Rick Rubin = amazing,
    does Jay-Z + Rick Rubin = greatest of all time?

13. Paul

You forgot...

Rick Rubin + Jay-Z = 99 Problems = One of Jay-Z's best song = Amazing

14. Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

I'm quoting you on it. :p

15. Paul

:lol:

I'm fucked.

16. EdGreene

I did forget.

My apologies sir. Although the non-LP made mashup with One Step Closer was even a notch above that.

17. Chriznis

Chriznis Member

Single is really Good...New Album WILL be Good. so lets be patient/positive here. alrighty?

18. EdGreene

I think everyone is poisitive of something here one way or another...

Me...I think and hope it'll rock.

19. NickelNine

NickelNine It's the gin talking >>>>> LPA VIP

I'm thinking the same thing.

I actually think this cover is better than all of LP's other singles' covers.

As far as the MTM album cover goes: No, the art doesn't matter because the music is what counts. On the other hand, I think that LP has set a such a standard for themselves with their incredible album covers and artwork, that anything less would be somewhat disappointing.
    I expect a more simplistic and vintage looking package for the new album. But it still will look sexy as hell.

20. EdGreene

I'm thinking the same thing and I would wonder if that will also translate to the video for the single as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.