Fort Minor Debuts at #60

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Nov 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

The results are in and Fort Minor has debuted at #60 on the billboard charts after selling 28,000 units in it's first week. This is likely due to the fact that Fort Minor has not received much promotion in the United States apart from the pre-album release single "Petrified".

It will likely raise in sales once a new single is released and more attention is brought to this project.

Source: MTV.COM

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Meh, I've never really cared about Chart Positions. I have the album & that's all I give a shit about.

Derek

Yeah, this was LP's fate as well though. They were around the same position with their debut and then a really good single launched them to #1.

Mike just gotta release that 'good single', cause honestly Petrified is kinda boring.

If he wants to go the respect route..release "Cigarettes" or "High Road". If he wants teenies, "Where'd You Go"/"In Stereo".

NickelNine

NickelNine It's the gin talking >>>>> LPA VIP

I think it was a mistake not to have Believe Me as the lead US single/video. I have no idea how well it's doing over seas so I could be wrong. I personally kind of like seeing TRT do not too well. Small sales keep your favorite songs sacred but with it also comes with little or no touring and the possibility of not having a second album. I think the sales will go up, within the year, to atleast gold.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

"Believe Me" should've been the album's first single. And as much as Mike was dissing the mainstream on that CD he should've released "Believe Me" and promoted his album to a larger audience.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

'Hybrid Theory' made a left-field entry at #12 or #14 in it's first week. Nobody saw it coming. Fort Minor's way down the charts when compared to 'Hybrid Theory'.

I was expecting better. Hmm.

steve12

steve12 Well-Known Member

i agree with nickel nine, believe me shouldn't have been the first single, there are better songs on the album that not only a few people will like but most people will like. e.g. high road

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

release 'right now' or 'feel like home' and it should jump right up the charts

'high road' would be a good choice too

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Well, Mike said that "Believe Me" would be the next single in the states during his TRL interview anyway, but it'll be interesting to see which other track they release, as they're only recording one more video for the album.

Derek

Believe Me sucks though. It's like BSB infused with some rap. Yet Will likes BSB so I can see why he loves Believe Me.

Does Mike wanna throw out his musical credibility in exchange for better sales? I hope not.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Right Now would've been a great first single. The possibilities for the video are great.

Derek

Yes, I totally agree. Believe Me is towards the bottom of my favorites list becuase it stands against everything TRT is about.

1. That sample isn't Mike's and it actually pisses me off he couldn't write his own part for it, since the album is about 'mike doing the instruments himself'.

2. The album is underground..tell me why an unusally poppy song is on it? Sales. Jay-Z told Mike it'd be a 'big record' so he listened to him.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

Well, Mike is only releasing 'Believe Me' most likely because Jay-Z told him to. If you remember on the DVD, or if you watched the MTV Overdrive with the making of TRT, Jay-Z said that if Mike wanted to start big, Believe Me would be the right one to release.

Believe Me is not a bad song, but it does sound a bit...well, boy-bandish in the chorus. People will enjoy it though, since it's decent. Petrified is not much of a start. That's why Fort Minor is so low on the charts.

Also, the reason is most likely because Petrified, as far as commercial success is going, is really only being broadcasted on TRL, and then some other channels like Fuse and whatnot. When Fort Minor performs on Jimmy Kimmel and Carson Daly, they're going to get some major attention, since those shows are popular.

And most likely, their other single is going to be Remember the Name. And then obviously, another one which I couldn't guess. It would probably be best if they made a video for Right Now, or High Road.

EDIT: I didn't read Derek's recent post, but yeah. Jay-Z told him it'd be a big record, and Mike basically did whatever Jay-Z told him was best.

And Believe Me is on there because of sales, like Derek said. So, yeah.

NickelNine

Generally the purpose of releasing a specific song as a single is to release the song that the most amount of people will listen to and enjoy. Believe Me is extremely radio friendly. It will have a lot more mainstream appeal than Petrified. If you want sales, you release a song like Believe Me and that's what, I think, Jay-Z means by saying 'big record' and that is why I think it should have been the lead single. Record labels want to sell millions of copies. It's business. Maybe down the road if TRT has sold a lot more albums they can release a song like Right Now. It's a great song and I think everyone here can agree that it's better than Believe Me and Petrified. I think if Mike wants people to hear the album, which he obviously does, he has to have Believe Me on the album and as a single. He will only lose credibility to those who are ignorant of the rest of the work he has done AND think that he is strictly an underground hip-hop artist. He's not underground and you cannot possibly ignore the things he has done musically in his career. Mike is extremely versitile and doing songs like Believe Me and Petrified show he can make big hip-hop records and that's a talent that gets more respect than a loss of respect. Just my opinions.

Steve12: I said Believe Me should have been the 1st single in the US.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2005
    linkin_theory922

linkin_theory922 Well-Known Member

How can you even compare Hybrid Theory to Fort Minor??? My GOD...lol...well it does involve alot of the same people but...man...whatever

NickelNine

He's just comparing the numbers. Nothing else.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2005
    linkin_theory922

linkin_theory922 Well-Known Member

oh....haha...

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I don't know if that was supposed to be an insult or not but I garauntee you'd like "Believe Me" if Mike wasn't trying to sing. :rolleyes:

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

How would Mike go the respect route? Anyone that gives two shits about good rap doesn't watch MTV/VH1/BET. And all the good rappers and rap songs aren't played on television or on the radio.

The respect route isn't an option. And I understand the respect thing, but honestly, money is more important.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

No...just no.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.