Fort Minor Mixtape (HELP DEFINE PLZ)

Discussion in 'Side Projects' started by boojitsu, Oct 11, 2005.

boojitsu

boojitsu Well-Known Member

okay i'm kind of stupid so some help from the LPA community would be nice :)

what's a mixtape? isn't it just some songs thrown on a listening device (cd, casette tape, i-pod, whatever) and kinda like a "continuation" style thing... where one song bleeds into another ?

if not... what is it?

and either way... how is it going to be "released"? will it be online? or is it online or something? but judging from what everyone is saying and how they address the mixtape i assumed it was just downloadable... but correct me if that assumption is wrong. :) thx

-Boojitsu

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

its a series of tracks that didnt make the final cut for the album, 'the rising tied'

it should be out within the next couple of days

Sylvaron

Sylvaron Member

It's just a bunch of songs that aren't going to be on Rising Tied. They're not supposedly to sound anything like Fort Minor.

And it should be downloadable, but as to the answer..... "mixTAPE" :eek:

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Mike has said it will be available online but don't count out seeing it on a CD as well.

boojitsu

boojitsu Well-Known Member

thanks for answering... sounds great, can't wait... and that rhymned... damn i'm awesome.. (jk)... anyways thanks again and i'll keep an eye out for it poppin online soon.

-Boojitsu21

Geki

Geki >.

Yeah I really want to get the mix tape, hopefully it will be available on iTunes soon, like Petrified and Remember The Name are. And if those are, then that must mean that Fort Minor the album will be on iTunes when it's released. Either way, I'll also buy the CD.

Pilkington

Pilkington Well-Known Member

Most professional mixtapes have the songs mixed together, even if it's just a crossfade between the tracks. Since they're using green lantern just for the mixing, i'd be expecting a little more than that, he's not likely to put something out that isn't done to a high standard.
    Best way to imagine it is as a the FM equivilant of the mixtape on machine shop. It's likely to have a sampler track or two of most of the guests on the album.

2xPutt

2xPutt Well-Known Member

I just got the mixtape in the mail for the ST(that I didn't even know I signed up for, lol)..... i got about 8 CDs if someone wants em.... or I could possibly upload the CD to a website or something if you want the tracks. I am sorry, i DID see the other thread and it was closed (?) but if this sampler is going to be distributed, why was that thread closed? if you don't want me to upload or even talk about it, just tell me or delete this post.... don't want any hositility, you guys are the boss. but tell me if you DO want them up :) i'll be more than happy to send them to you LPA admin/mods, whoever runs the site :)

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

That's the mixtape SAMPLER you received. The actual mixtape will have close to 18 tracks. Furthermore, if you upload the tracks, please do not post them here or you'll be warned.

Warner already tried to sue us for Remember The Name so we're not gonna get hit again.

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

damn! i didnt know about that... thats really harsh

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

You could counter sue them for wrongful prossecution because I think its legal if its for promotional values.

Then again I could be chatting out of my ass :lol:

2xPutt

2xPutt Well-Known Member

ahhhh..... thank you for clearing it up for me, whew! lol..... and i won't post the link in respect to you..... but out of disrespect to warner, lol.... isn't that a little stupid that they want it promoted, they send out a sampler, but don't want them "leaked"? oh well, everyone's got their rules I guess, lol

Aplacetorest

Aplacetorest Active Member

wow, i totally had no idea. good thing i bought it off iTunes lol.