Four Famous Rock Youtube Reviewers Pick Between HT and Meteora In Their Latest Rock Coliseum

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Blake, Oct 3, 2019.

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Rock Coliseum is a live stream show where four youtube music reviewers give thumbs up or thumbs down to a rock artist, pick between two artists, or pick between two albums based all on suggestions from the chat watching. In their latest video, Meteora vs Hybrid Theory was on of the picked categories this time. I heard something that I feel not too many people say about Meteora and thought it would be cool to share their discussion here.

The video should link from the start time at 55:26 and the section goes until 1:02:37.

Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

I agree with them. Hybrid Theory was a landmark record, but Meteora was a stronger album. Both Chester's melodic vocals and his screams improved dramatically, the blend of hip-hop and metal was more pronounced, the hooks were far more memorable, and the call-and-response vocal chemistry was far more natural.

Sure the lyrics were kinda bland and the structures were mind-numbingly predictable, but I think Meteora deserves a lot more credit than this site likes to believe.

Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

It’s ok to like HT or Meteora. People can be really hyperbolic about their negative opinions.