French Site Gets Exclusive Tomb Raider: Legend Footage

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Derek, Dec 29, 2005.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I usually dont post too many updates on this game anymore (despite the updates being excellent) but I felt this just had to be posted.

http://www.canalj.net/chaine/emissions/re7/php/invite_hautedef.phtml

The footage is completely in french (if some french speaking person could make a transcript of it translated to English I'd be so happy) but the footage shown is unbelievable.

It is believed that the footage is a mix between the x360 and xbox versions of the game, but I'm more happy at just how..fun the game looks.

Opinions anyone?

Paul

Paul The Ultimate Victory LPA Super Member

It will suck.

Derek

LMFAO. Reasons for this?

Paul

I totally lost faith in Tomb Raider. The last three games I've played from the series have been horrible. The gameplay footage for this game looks decent, but come on, it's Tomb Raider.

Derek

Yes but you fail to pay attention to the studios in the beginning. Notice it says Crystal Dynamics. The original creators (aka the ones who RUINED the series) are no longer doing Tomb Raider, and instead a very talented new development house is grabbing a hold of the reigns. Crystal Dynamics is behind such popular series as Legacy of Kain and the recent Project Snowblind, as well as many other games.

Also the guy who created Tomb Raider/Lara Croft (Toby Gard) is back for this game. He left when TR2 was made because he couldn't stand what they had done to the series and Lara Croft and knew that they were gonna take it downhill. Look how right he was.

This game is going back to the tombs, and puzzle solving. The game is going to be open sandbox gameplay and lots more adventure then action (although there are great action sequences here and there). Furthermore, something that will make all ex-tomb raider fans happy..there will be no more throwing a switch and then traversing across the whole level you just went through to find the door. Everything makes more sense now.

I suggest you research all the articles written about this game. Gamespot LOVES it so far, and they are notorious for thinking Tomb Raider is a stinking pile of doo doo.

Paul

I just got owned by Derek.

Derek

Although I would love to take an opportunity to brag, I didn't necessarily pwn you. It's still very possible that this game could disappoint and I'm not gonna pass judgement till I play it for myself.

However, with an awesome new graphics engine (gamespot says this game has some of the best visuals the PS2 can offer) as well as a brand new development house and a new mentality (less tits more Tomb Raiding) this looks like it has the potential to be really good.

Lets just pray. I know nobody wants this series to go on till Tomb Raider 11 but it'd just be nice to have a TR sequel that lives up to/surpasses the original for once.

Maëlle

Maëlle I've seen it all

[Here's a quick translation I made from the video, sorry if I didn't use the correct words, I know nothing of video games]:

I confirmit, we're in San Francisco, the city where the sun shines all year long! And what are we doing here? We didn't come to take Tai-Shi lessons or say ''Hello'' to seals. No, we came to visit the developping studio working on the next Tomb Raider:Legend, the 7th adventure on console of the gorgeous Lara.

We will go back to the sources of the series with more temples to explore, traps to escape and platform sequences just like we love them! And to find again the original sensations, Lara will once again travel everywhere in the world. Natural Globe-trotter, she'll be looking for ancient relics while exploring temples lost in the jungle, pyramids and caves, which should please all the archeology fans out there.

You can see that the environement is really important and that developpers made sure to make it look the most realistic possible.

Studio guy #1:'' Lara's a natural globe-trotter and we wanted to take her everywhere so we'd have an epic adventure. She goes to different places which are totally different one from another.''

Though we don't know a lot about the scenario, it is said that many minor characters (sometimes friends, but mostly ennemies) will come to spice it a bit.

Developpers also took special care of Lara's movements and made them more realistic and diversified than ever and with the controler in your hands, it becomes orgasmic [Alright, it's not exactly said like that but you get the point]. Another important point of Tomb Raider:Legend, the music.

'Studio guy #2:'' We had to adapt the music to the different places she goes all along the game, meaning we had to find instruments and instrument players from everywhere in the world. Because she goes to seven different places, I had to create seven really different musics while thinking that it had to match the atmosphere.''

Derek

Thank you!