German Projekt Revolution Announced - Three Dates Added

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Feb 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Linkin Park have listed three more dates to their tour schedule this summer, adding to the already announced Oberursel State Fair Festival date. Check out where the A Thousand Suns World Tour is headed by viewing all the German dates below:

June 18: Leipzig, Germany - Festweise
    June 19: Oberursel, Germany - Hessentag State Fair Festival
    June 21: Hamburg, Germany - O2 World
    June 25: Munich, Germany - Reitstadion Riem Stadium

What's interesting is MLK.com are billing three of these dates as Projekt Revolution! Check out the poster below!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

LPU Pre-Sale begins Saturday February 5th at 9:00am (local). Download the media bundle for details on the Pre-Sale. - HERE.

Tickets go on sale to the public on Monday, February 7 at 09:00am (local) - HERE.

Source: linkinpark.com via Phoenix-Farrell.org

Adiek84

Adiek84 Well-Known Member

I thought these were two different tours. I hope they'll add a show in Cologne/Düsseldorf, otherwise I can't go. The other shows are just too far away. :-/

Joe

Me too, very odd seeing the A Thousand Suns World Tour and the Projekt Revolution tag on the same poster.

Adiek84

Derek told me, they wanted to come to Germany at the end of the year again. Well, looks like we just have to wait and see.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

They considered PR04 part of the "Meteora World Tour" as well, they just never really advertised both names on the same piece of promo material at any point.

Also, cue hard-asses bitching about "THE ONLY REAL PROJEKT REVOLUTION IS IN THE STATES, WAAAAAAAAH" in 3...2...1... :lol:

Adiek84

I hope there'll be more dates :(

Joe

Hmm, they have that three day period in between Hamburg & Munich, but after that they fly straight to Italy for the Sonisphere Festival. They also have three dates between Stockholm and their first show in Germany, but this could just be down time to travel etc, it's possible but I'm not sure how likely. Check out the consecutive dates in the German block.

Jun 14, 2011 - Linkin Park Stockholm, Sweden, Ericsson Globe Arena
    Jun 18, 2011 - Linkin Park Leipzig, Germany, Festweise
    Jun 19, 2011 - Linkin Park Oberursel, Germany, Hessentag State Fair Festival
    Jun 21, 2011 - Linkin Park Hamburg, Germany, O2 World
    Jun 25, 2011 - Linkin Park Munich, Germany, Reitstadion Riem Stadium
    Jun 26, 2011 - Linkin Park Imola, Italy, Autodromo di Imola (Racing Circuit)

LinkinParkForever275

LinkinParkForever275 Linkin Park is my religion!

that is so awesome :) i am definitly going to the hamburg show! Maybe a second one two, but i am also on a blink 182 show on june 24th in essen germany BUT LP FIRST

Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian

Oh, thought they mentioned at one point not doing Projekt Rev. this year.
    Oh well, has nothing to do with me anyways, congrats to those who can go see.

Adiek84

Maybe between Hamburg & Munich. I guess it would be logical from a logistic point of view, as well. Hamburg in the north, Munich in the south, and Cologne/Düsseldorf between XD

UNiPersona

UNiPersona previously known as STARKINATOR

Asia, asia!
    I guess this fall/winter.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

The impression I got from the interview where they said that was that they were thinking about moving away from big all-day festival types of shows, since the theme of A Thousand Suns might not mesh with them very well. It kind of sounded like they were just thinking about ditching the Projekt Revolution name. The European PR shows they did in 08 weren't nearly as large-scale as the U.S. tour was though, so it might still make sense to use the name for a summer tour over there. Plus the first 2 PR tours in 2002 and 2003 were indoor arena tours with like 4 bands anyway, so they may have decided to keep the name after all since it doesn't strictly apply to one type of event.

BlackChester

BlackChester Well-Known Member

Hamburg is NOT a Projekt Rev date

Adiek84

Apparently there will be another date. We'll just have to wait for its announcement :D

Joe

Yeah, I know. Well, it's not listed on MLK, but it seems odd that it wouldn't be as it's sandwiched between the other dates. My only guess is that Hamburg won't feature all the support acts that the other dates will.

Necromorph

Necromorph TRY THE KETCHUP MOTHERF*CKER

how are you sure any of these dates confirmed as project rev shows?
    they are just dates, and one site says they are, doesn't mean they are

Joe

Fair enough, but MLK has a reputation of being good with German tour dates. They were also the first site to release the A Thousand Suns World Tour poster. They don't make the posters up, they have to get them from WB and management, we're just reporting what's released. No point ignoring it. If the poster says PR, it's worth mentioning.

Rohit LP

Rohit LP The Silent Red

..(if only i could go)..
    guys...incase..u haven't noticed..June 26 2011 is F1 Italy GP ...

last year...waiting for the end..sounded awesome around d abu dhabi YAS Arena circuit just when qualifyin was over...and then LP continued to rock abu dhabi circuit...

i love F1...i love LP....wat more can i ask..dan both on the same day....

:clap::zoom:

so all im goin to do is...sit in front of my TV and :popcorn:

Last edited: Feb 4, 2011
    Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

If I remember correctly, last time around when they brought PR to Europe, there were a few main shows that were billed under the PR tag (3 in Germany and 1 in England which was the RTR DVD gig that I went to) but there were also a few smaller shows like in Ireland and Italy that were still titled as PR on the posters and billboards but didn't have the festival style lineups but Germany and England got. Perhaps a similar kind of thing is going on here. After all, the European PR tour may have been smaller-scale than the American tour, but the RTR gig at Milton Keynes Bowl was the biggest PR show they've done.

Either way, the Milton Keynes gig was one of the best gigs I've ever been to. Certainly the best lineup of bands for a one day festival. I'm hoping they do something similar this year.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2011
    Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

For the record, when I asked Hugo and Maurice and the LPU crew about Projekt Revolution at the Philly M&G they pretty much told me that the band fully intends to bring back Projekt Revolution sometime in the future. Little did we know they meant as early as this summer.

And Joe's right. MLK doesn't just make tour posters in their spare time, these posters are sent to them directly by Warner which means that the three dates listed on the site under the PR heading, most likely will be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.