GOOD GOODBYE - Opinion Poll

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Brandon, Apr 13, 2017.

?

GOOD GOODBYE - Opinion Poll

1. 5/5 - I loved it! One of the band's best songs!

2. 4/5 - They've done better, but still awesome.

3. 3/5 - I liked it, but I have mixed feelings about it.

4. 2/5 - Weak. Not really interested.

5. 1/5 - Horrible and forgettable.

6. 0/5 - I fucking hate it.

Results are only viewable after voting.
    Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

No, I like it too :lol:
    But that's maybe because I listen to music that used lot of samples.

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Uh wut m8

@LP2K12 likes this.
    Rhel

Rhel Member

Originally a 3/5, changed it to a 4/5 after giving it a few more listens and getting educated on the finer points of one of the verses ;)

Anyone who thinks it doesn't sound like LP can just pretend it's Fort Minor featuring Pusha T, Stormzy and Chester Bennington ^^

@LP2K12 likes this.
    Virgocore

Virgocore Well-Known Member

Didn't want to give it a 1 or a 2 but I don't like the song. Like I've said before, I haven't really liked the band's music since A Thousand Suns came out, but I didn't want to just hate on the song like a lot of the nu-metal fanboys do. I think 3 was a reasonable answer, doesn't interest me.

Doridorica

Doridorica Well-Known Member

I gave it 4/5 because of Mike's rapping parts, Chester's singing and other artists are fresh adittion. I really don't like chipmunks.

Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

I don't think I have ever cared less about a track released before a Linkin Park album (except, maybe Wastelands).
    The song isn't bad, but just not interesting enough to hold my attention. I honestly feel like the guest verses are the best part of the song. On the other hand I dislike or feel indifferent about almost everything else -the chorus, structure, instrumental. It's a 2.5 for me.

Iopia likes this.
    Rahat

Rahat Nyeh LPA VIP

I like everything except for Pusha and while its not perfect I still think it deserves a 4/5. Would definitely love to see Mikes second verse. Maybe he'll perform it during live performances? Would be very interesting to see. I also quite like the chipmunk :lol:

LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

3/5 at best for me.
    Chester's vocals are great and clear. Mike's rapping is great. Stormzy's section is not bad either. Pusha T's portion was meh. Really did not go with the rap bits before or after him.
    One of the few songs where I wish there was a guitar portion, like a solo or a loud catchy riff at the end because, musically, this song was bland.
    It's Battle Symphony >>>> Heavy + Good Goodbye.
    I am liking Heavy more when I listen to it tho. So it'll probably move ahead of Good Goodbye soon.

You've got to admit that these songs are the catchiest tunes the band has put out together.

Forfeit to Break

Forfeit to Break Well-Known Member

4/5 for me. Overall it's a banger, great production and Chester sounds great,

Really happy to see some rap on the album, and never thought I'd hear a grime artist on an LP track. I like Stormzy's contribution, lyrically I actually prefer his verse, seems more real, the others especially Mike's are a bit vague imo. Would be interested to hear Mike's second verse, maybe adds more relevence rather then it just being another attack on his "enemies", whoever they are.

Overall very satisfied with this and the other tracks released. Think I'm going to like OML a lot. LP are putting out exactly the type of stuff sonically that I'm into these days, which is great.

Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

Probably around 3.5 when I'm in the mood for some head banging hip-hop.

But 99% of the time, it feels like a less dynamic "Things in my Jeep" sequel. I still can't believe a song inspired from basketball is on a Linkin Park record.

2/5.

Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

I wanna change my score to a 3. I'm getting pleasant 'We Made It' vibes from it now that I wasn't getting upon release.

Noosh

Noosh Well-Known Member

After a few months, I've changed my vote to 3 out of 5. Yes, the track is utter cheese but it's grown on me a fair bit over the last month. The song still gets the eye roll from me but it's more of a "ehh, it's good" sort of eye roll rather than an "Oh Jesus, turn this off" eye roll.

TobinKnowsBest

TobinKnowsBest 20.03.1976 - 20.07.2017 LPA VIP

How long have you been listening to this song lol??

Noosh

Noosh Well-Known Member

I listened to it on release and didn't like it first time round but I tried listening again a long while later and got into it a bit more :lol:

Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

Hm, tbh I'll go down from 4 to 3, the song hasn't any highlight, and I'm not a big fan of Stormzy's verse at all too.

LP Soldier 01

LP Soldier 01 True LP Soldier

Has to be a 3/5 only since only the chorus and Mike's rap verse stuck with me. Even though I know most of the lyrics of the other 2 verses, Pusha T was a bad choice of a rapper to do a verse in a LP choice and Stormzy not as bad, but still could have done better.

One More Rob

One More Rob Well-Known Member

The only good bit about this is Mikes verse and even that can't save the song from being ultimately garbage

LP Soldier 01

LP Soldier 01 True LP Soldier

They should have picked better rappers or simply let Mike do all the verses himself, but in that can they'd need to change the lyrics.

Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

The rappers are actually excellent, if you've ever heard their solo work imo. They just didn't do great verses in that song

Captain-EO likes this.
    Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

Mikes and Stromzys verses work, but after hearing it live like this, they should have kept both of Mikes verses and Stormzy only.