Got News?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Mark, May 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SRPSKILPFAN

SRPSKILPFAN Banned

WOOOOOHOOOO!!!!!!
    AT LAST!!!!!!!
    MINUTES TO MIDNIGHT!!!!
    MAY 15th!!!!!!!!

This are things that make me cry:cry: (I'm crying because I'm happy!!!!)

2. JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

i didnt believe you guys untill i saw that - damn i hope its true :)

3. Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

i'm excited...:D

4. P.D.

P.D. Well-Known Member

Adding to the ever growing list of release date rumors for Linkin Park's yet to be titled new album, BestBuy.com has recently speculated a release date of May 1st with three different versions listed for purchase through their online store.

While rumored release dates are certainly nothing new to fans, it should be worth a mention that this is the first time Linkin Park's new album has been listened as Parental Advisory, with a clean version, and special edition also available for pre-order alongside the speculated date of release.

Will Linkin Park finally break the 'no swearing' code they've followed over the past couple of years? Only time will tell.

Hybridsoldier:

Where did you find that picture with Brad's Custom PRS and Mike's Custom PRS??

5. Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Old news. ;)

6. Agent

SIB video :D

7. NickelNine

NickelNine It's the gin talking >>>>> LPA VIP

Check the LPU newsletter.

I've gotten in trouble for posting LPU newsletter news before..

Last edited: Mar 6, 2007
  8. lpmaniac4000

lpmaniac4000 Active Member

Minutes to Midnight is official. Heard it from LPU mobile. Here's the message in legible English:

Linkin Park's album, Minutes to Midnight, in stores May 15! Hear first single "What I've Done" on April 2. Check LinkinPark.com for info.

And i thought LPU mobile would be a waste of time to sign up for. Go figure...

Edit: LPU newsletter is out with the announcement too now.

9. SRPSKILPFAN

SRPSKILPFAN Banned

99,820 MINUTES TO MIDNIGHT!!!!
    What I've Done!!!!!!!!!!
    LP 4EVER!!!!!!
    www.linkinpark.com

10. Agent

This is interesting....LP Italy had this interview with Brain Benningtion (Chester's Bro)....source: CFTI

Quote:
    Yesterday there was a chat on LPItaly with Brian Bennington, Chesters brother :)Here u have some interesting questions and answers from the talk:
    [Brian Bennington] REMEMBER... I DONT NOT SPEAK DIRECTLY FOR THE BAND OR FOR CHESTER.

[linkingabo] Hi Brian..........wazz up with you and the LP?
    [Brian Bennington] Man.... Chester is so happy to be done with the new albumThe Just finished up the final mix....he cant wait to get on the roadIt's mostly just top secret.... the band wants to plan the release of all that.
    [Brian Bennington] THE NEW ALBUM WILL BE A LITTLE DIFFERENT.IT HAS ALL OF THE LP SOUND BUT THEY WANTED TO GET AWAY FROM THE "NEW METAL"THE NEW ALBUM IS A MIX OF ROCK RIFFS AND MELODIC. CHESTER WANTS TO SCREAM LESS.
    [Q] Is there any guitar solo on the new lp album?
    [A] NOT WHAT I CALL GUITAR SOLO.... BUT ON ONE OF THE SONG... THERE IS AN AWESOME OLD SCHOOL BASE GUITAR RIFF THAT IS JUST AWESOME, ITS JUST IN ONE BRIDGE.. BUT IT IS GREAT.

[Brian Bennington] FROM THE FIRST BEAT YOU WILL KNOW ITS LP... BUT CHESTER SAID HE WANTED TO BREAK OUT OF THE NEW METAL TITLE.

[Q] Can u tell us when will we hear a new single?
    [A] I EXPECT IT IN APRIL

[LPmeme] I read in a site that Lp has now a parental advisory..is it true? and do they change so much?
    [Brian Bennington] 8:30 pm: LPmeme.... I AM NOT SURE ON THAT ONE... THEY MAY END UP HAVING TO. IF THEY HAVE ANY CURSING AT ALL.. THEY HAVE TO ADD THE ADVISORY.REMEMBER THAT LP HAS BEEN PRETTY TAME WITH THEIR LANGUAGE SO FAR, IT IS NOT PLANNED THAT WAY

[Michalangelo] Next Q: Do You know about any specials at any concert ex. guest futuring like Xzibit did ?
    [Brian Bennington] NO... THE US TOUR WILL HAVE PLENTY OF GUEST BANDS YOU WILL ENJOY... WE DONT KNOW WHO WILL TOUR WITH LP YET. IT IS FUNNY... I FIND THAT ALL OF YOU FANS FIND THINGS OUT EVEN BEFORE I DO...

[MattBonfy] Are you sure that new album will be a great success?
    [Brian Bennington] GOOD QUESTION MATTBONFY.... I THINK SO.... BUT OF COURSE, HE IS MY BROTHER... SO IT IS HARD, BUT, I AM A FAN.... AND I HAVE MY FAVORITE TRACKSI LIKE THE ROCK SIDE OF LP AND THIS ALBUM WILL EXPLORE THE MORE MELODIC SIDE OF LP.DONT HAVE ANY EXPECTATIONS... JUST ENJOY IT FOR WHAT IT IS....FOR THE ART..AND FOR THE HEART PUT INTO IT.

[Brian Bennington] CHESTER DOES NOT LIKE THE NEW METAL TITLE SO MUCH. NOT THAT HE IS PROUD OF WHAT HE HAS DONE

[scarlett] Why doesn't he like new metal title?
    [Brian Bennington] HE WANTED TO BREAK OUT OF THAT MOLD WITH THIS ALBUM. THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH NEW METAL SO MUCH.... CHESTER JUST DOES NOT LIKE HAVING THAT TITLE PUT ON THEM.I DONT KNOW WHAT TITLE HE PREFERS....AS IN THIS NEW ALBUM.... IT IS ALL LP... BUT YOU WILL HEAR THEM TRYING NEW THINGS.... IT REALLY IS ART....

[Brian Bennington] OK... CHESTER SAID HE THINKS THAT THE SINGLE WILL COME OUT IN APRIL AND THE ALBUM WILL FOLLOW... POSSIBLY IN MAY OR JUNE BUT I CANT SAY.. IT DEPENDS ON SO MANY THINGS IT IS UP TO THE TIMING OF THE TOUR, THE COMPLETION OF THE ALBUM, PRINTING TIME,DISTRIBUTION, AND ALL THAT.

[Brian Bennington] THE HARDER ROCK SONGS ARE JUST 100% ROCK.

[Kicek] Hi Brian ;] Could you tell us something about LPTV ?? When we will be able to see it ??
    [Brian Bennington] LPTV IS STILL UNDER CONSTRUCTION.

[LPmeme] There is any Joe's solo in the album like there was on Hybrid Theory and Meteora?
    [Brian Bennington] NO...NO SOLO THAT I REMEMBER...BUT YOU GUYS HAVE TO REMEMBER...I HAVE NOT HEARD THE FINAL TRACKS OF THE COMPLETED ALBUM...I WONT GET TO HEAR IT UNTIL THEMIDDLE OF THIS MONTH.

[Michalangelo] Hi again Brian I always wanted to know, how does it look when any memberof the band goes shopping etc. are they bothered by any fans?
    [Brian Bennington] MICHALANGELO, I HAVE BEEN SHOPPING WITH CHESTER AND NOBODY RECOGNIZED HIM... BUT WE WENT OUT TO EAT FOR BREAKFAST ONE DAY...AND 4 KIDS CAME UP FOR AUTOGRAPHS.YOU JUST NEVER KNOW.

[Michalangelo] And we also know that Chester doesn't like computers that much and we don'tsee Him often on a chat. Do u have any similaryties ? Like u both like strawberry icecreamor sth ?
    [Brian Bennington] CHESTER AND I ARE BOTH CLOWNS..LIKE TO MAKE JOKES...BUT HE IS DIFFERENTFROM ME.WE ARE 13 YEARS APART. HE SMOKES, I DON'T....AND THINGS LIKE THAT.

[Michalangelo] There are rumours about Chester in hospital but i don't think any of them are true. Can u say us something about that ?
    [Brian Bennington] MICHALANGELO... NO CHESTER IS NOT IN A HOSPITAL... JUST TALKED TO HIM 2 DAYS AGO... TO MAKE PLANS FOR A VISIT FOR HIS SON TYLORS BIRTHDAY PARTY.

[Michalangelo] Brian what do You think: How long will the band stay at top of the best bands in the world ? I mean we want Them to play as long as they can but in this world nothing is forever...
    [Brian Bennington] MICHALANGELO... THAT IS UP TO YOU... THE FANS.... IF YOU LIKE WHAT YOU HEAR... IF YOU ENJOY WATCHING A BAND EVOLVE AND GROW... THEY WILL LEAD THE WAY. BAND LIKE "THE STONES" AND "THE BEATLES" AND "AEROSMITH".... THEY ARE ONE OF THE FEW BANDS THAT LASTFOR DECADES. YOU SEE MICHALANGELO.... YOU WILL MAKE THE DIFFERNECE. LP WILL BE HERE AS LONG AS YOU CONTINUE TO SUPPORT THEM.

[scarlett] Do u think there will be meet an greats during the festivals?
    [Brian Bennington] YES... THERE SHOULD BE MEET AND GREETS. IT IS USUALLY UP TO THE VENUE TO ARRANGE THEM.

11. P.D.

P.D. Well-Known Member

Found some old/new news mixed at Ultimate-Guitar

Linkin Park will release their new album Minutes To Midnight, on Warner Brothers Records/Machine Shop Recordings on May 15. The first single from the collection, "What I've Done," is set to be released worldwide on April 2.

The band worked with Rick Rubin on the effort, and in a recent interview vocalist Mike Shinoda talked about what the legendary producer brings to the table.

Video clip :

Watch Video: Shinoda Working With Rubin

"Rick's phenomenal. He's... The best thing about Rick is that he's just a library of musical ideas and reference points. You know, you could be writing a song that sounds like Linkin Park, and he'll say you should go listen to this band, this band and this band to inspire you for this song. A lot of times he pulls stuff out that he pretty much knows we haven't heard or haven't listened to anytime recently, and what ends up happening is that you get ideas just from the vibe of different things you listen to -- not so much to listen to and do what they do -- but more to just get inspired by people who are making great music and doing something that's revolutionary and that excitement hopefully translates into some good ideas."

The single will surely be hitting iTunes and rock radio first, but last year at the Chainsaw Awards, the band admitted theyre not exactly the best judge of singles.

Watch Video: Linkin Park On Picking Singles

[Shinoda] "You pick up some records and you really like some songs -- that may be true for our records, I don't know -- but for us when we listen to our records we want to listen to it and like every song. So that's why it's hard for us to pick the singles." [Phoenix] "To add on to that, when Hybrid Theory came out we used to think that we'd be really good at picking singles, and we learned very quickly that the record company does that because they're way better at it. For us know, now we're like, 'You guys pick the singles. That's not what we're here to do. You tell us what will work in your world and we'll just write the music.'"

Speaking of Hybrid Theory, the band's debut, it has alone sold more than 18 million copies worldwide and the band has sold a whopping 40 million in total. Linkin Park has scheduled a handful of dates, but Shinoda says they're going to announce a tour with an "unmissable" line-up. Shinoda realizes unmissable is not a word, but he said that the soon to be announced tour will be "worth making up words for."

12. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

First of all, I doubt that's really Chester's brother...a band's family is not going to know more than the band themselves. I think that fansite got had.

I don't think he'd give answers in all caps either.

13. Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

If that's Chester's bro then my name's Jeremy Huntzington.

14. El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Priceless :lol:

15. danielpsoad-09

danielpsoad-09 Well-Known Member

I was in that chat, and Brian showed 7 pics , 3 of him [one really exclusive pic, he's with chester in a lake] , and the rest were HT , Reanimation and Meteora BIG CD's that Chester gave to him for sales. For example, Meteora CD says :
    '' Presented to Brian Bennington to commemorate RIAA certified platinum sales of more than 3,000,000 copies of the Warner Bros. Records compact disc ''Meteora''.

I'm sure that Brian was on the chat that day .. nobody spends 3 hours in a chat just for fun ...

16. Derek

Well its cool they got him then. Must've been a stroke of luck =).

17. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Show the pictures and I'll believe it. Otherwise... I still doubt that it's him. He basically only said things that have already been confirmed and stuff we know (a la Chester smokes).

18. danielpsoad-09

danielpsoad-09 Well-Known Member

He said all the time , that He just talk from what he knows, he wasn't representing the band or chester. BTW , He's 41 years old.

Anyway, I'll post the pics that I can share :

Hybrid Theory : http://img123.imageshack.us/img123/4461/hybridtheorygd0.jpg
    Reanimation : http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/6294/reanimationfa2.jpg
    Meteora : http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/556/meteorarp3.jpg
    Brian with his friend in a hockey game : http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/1395/img0679yq4.jpg
    Brian receiving his pilots license : http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/3985/pilotslicensetr9.jpg

Last edited: Mar 8, 2007
  19. Derek

Do you have the one of him with Chester by the lake?

20. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

A) He doesn't look like Chester (not enough to be a brother, IMHO) and

B) It doesn't make sense. Why would Chester's BROTHER get an award for an LP album?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.