Got Something You Want To Let Out Part 2

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Todd, Apr 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anya

Anya Lost LPA Super VIP

*hugs Daniel too*

:hug:

2. Daniel

Daniel Run for your life. LPA Super Member

Thank you. I appreciate that a lot. :hug:

3. Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I am done with this situation. Her boyfriend has to be the most insecure, jealous person I have ever come to know in my entire life. If he is going to threaten me for going out of my way to buy her a birthday and Christmas present as my way of saying "thanks for being my friend," then I am completely through with this. I do not need the stress, I do not need him getting mad at me every time I say "hi" to her, I do not need him insulting me and threatening me every time I go up to where she works to get a cup of coffee. I do not need this at all. If she is not going to do anything about how she treats him like she complains to me about all the time, then I am done with this. Fuck him, fuck her, fuck this.

4. Arlene

Arlene Oh what tangled webs we weave LPA Super Member

I'm really sorry to hear this, Will. I had thought the situation was improving, but apparently not. It really sounds like she needs to do someting about him, because he obviousy is insecure about the relationship, and doesn't trust her at all. And if he threatened you...than he's a dick.

The question is: Is she worth your time? Would she be worth it if you guys could be together? Because it seems that you really need to make a decision, as you seem to have, because again, as you said, you really don't need to stress and the heartache that she's causing you.

So, yeah. I'm really sorry to hear that this situation has taken a turn for the worst. :( :hug: <3

5. Christopher

Christopher Über Member Über Member

My neighbour, one of my best friends, just lost his grandad.

Now I'm completely scared to lose my grandparents, I don't know what I'd do without them.

6. Disenchanted

Disenchanted The Black Parade is Dead! LPA Super Member

But does anyone notice? But does anyone care?

7. Linja

Linja Good. Be magnanimous. Über Member

Nobody in RL-as-in-surroundings ever fucking notices the corpse in the bed. Yeah, okay. Reply Mali-style, but still.

:hug: to everyone.

8. Disenchanted

Disenchanted The Black Parade is Dead! LPA Super Member

Shush, I love your Mali-style replies. <3 :hug:

9. Daniel

Yeah, fucking sucks, huh? Her boyfriend has said he'll stab me to death if he ever meets me, LOL.

===

Okay, here goes. This is going to come off as incredibly attention seeking, but please, I'm just using this thread for what it should be, to "let out". Pass over this post if you like, I really don't mind.

As of late, I've been incredibly fucking depressed. Probably not much out of the ordinary for a regular teen, but to me, the problems seemed pretty damn big. So, in my infinite wisdom, I took to self harming. Not in an effort to actually kill myself, more as a form of release, in want of a better word. Stupid, I know, but hey that's me for you. I hadn't actually planned to tell anyone (other than a few of my closest friends on the LPA), but I did end up telling my best friend at work, Rebecca. Being the darl that she is, and worrying about me, she told me supervisor at work, who then proceeded to call my parents. So I went from having pretty much nobody else knowing, to my family and everyone at work. I know I'm an idiot for even doing it in the first place, but I'll get over this.

10. Arlene

Oh, no, Daniel! How did your parents react?! I assume not well...>_<. PM/MSN/AIM me dear. :hug: I'm thinking about you. <3

---

So, my parents agreed for me to hang out with Josh on Sunday. Like, wow. I didn't I expect them to actually agree. Now, I just have to hope that this damn Nor'easter coming through doesn't screw everything up, >_< I'm just so happy that they said yes, because, I mean, I'm not telling the whole truth, but I'm getting closer to ALMOST telling them the truth, and that just makes me feel so much better about the situation. XD So, hell yeah!

*shakes fist at oncoming winter storm..*

Last edited: Dec 15, 2007
  11. Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Almost exactly the same thing happened to a friend of mine. At the end of the day, I'd say it's pretty cool to have reassurance that there are people there for you when you need them. Even if their intevention can sometimes be just a straight up interfearence, it's still good to know that there are people there for you.

Truth is, we all get a little depressed once in a while. I wouldn't resort to self harming though. There are alternative methods of relieving the anguish of being depressed. All you need is some perseverance and belief that over time you will eventually rid of your depression.

Hang in there dude, everything'll be fine. :)

12. Daniel

Yeah, I know I'll eventually get through this, there's just....alot of shit going on. I guess, after talking about it, I DO feel a tad better. Thanks for the support man, I appreciate it. :)

====

Arlene, you know I'm online, so hey. :hug:

13. Will

I'm more than sure she's worth my time. She obviously thinks I'm worth her time if she's willing to put up with her boyfriend so she can be friends with me. I don't know if she'd ever pursue anything more with me aside from being friends with me, but the chance is always there, and that's always going to be something I'll keep in mind. I don't want them to break up, I don't. But I want her to be happy, and it makes me mad to see her not trying to do anything about the way he treats her.

She called me tonight and told me what he'd said, how he feels like I've got something to hide (technically I do, that's besides the point) because I don't make an effort to be his friend, but as far as I'm concerned, he doesn't make an effort either. He's talked to me a couple times, but nothing more than, "Hey, what's up?" It's really dumb.

She also told me she's sick of how controlling he is. She mentioned she was going to the mall with me tomorrow and he got mad at her and didn't talk to her for two hours. When he tried talking to her again, she said, "Don't fucking talk to me," and then proceeded to explain how she's 19 years old and her boyfriend acts more like her dad than her dad does, and there's no reason her boyfriend should be keeping her from hanging out with her friends. So he retorted with, "Then maybe you shouldn't have a boyfriend."

It basically boiled down to them arguing over me and I haven't even done anything. She said she's going to talk to her sister to find out what she should do, because I'm pretty sure she doesn't want to do anything crazy drastic. So we'll see what happens.

It's good that someone intervened on your behalf though. Sometimes people who do self-harm once or twice end up becoming addicted to it (like one of my friends who is not on good terms with me anymore). Maybe now you'll be able to get some help and everything will be better for you. Either way you can always shoot me a PM if you need to talk. I mean, we are lovers, after all.

... :lol:

14. Messy Marj

Messy Marj LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I came to realise I'm rotting away here. When I moved here I thought it would be much easier, I'd get a simple job meanwhile learning better french so I can move on to something bigger, we'd move to Lille, both get a good job, marry, get a kiddie. But they're super strict here, if you're not fluent in french it's impossible to get a job, even like...a cleaningjob or something. People turn their back at me once they notice I'm not french. It's really frustrating, being alone all day long, looking at joboffers and get dissapointed everytime, and when finally Maxime comes home my day gets a little brighter but after a day of hard work he just wants to sit down and relax, so I'm usually annoying him. Don't get me started on my family, I miss them so so much, I can't even explain. It's really eating me alive. Holland is much more welcome to foreigners, so I asked him if we couldn't move to Holland but that'd mean he'd have to give up his job which has a lifetime garantie. If I'd move back to Holland I'd get a job there, and sure we could do like we did before, see each other only once in 6 weeks or so, but that'd be even worse, and besides, we'd want to marry at one point and who'll move then...? It wouldn't make sense. It'll never work, we'd live seperate lives. So it's either, my family and Holland or Maxime, who I love to death. No matter what I do, I'll end up hurting. But I don't want this to end with Maxime, it's impossible, my heart is already breaking if I think about it, but everything inside me wants to go back to Holland, where my family lives, where I can speak my own language. It's like Sophie's choice.

That was what I was thinking untill this morning...

So I've been crying since last night, because it seems impossible to make a choice. And then this morning in bed I told Maxime everything what's on my mind and he goes like: 'But once my contract is finished at my current work I can take a period of max. 10 years, I won't get paid but it gives me time to try out something new, if I don't like it, I can just come back.'

His contract finishes in early 2009, so that's a bit more then 1 year. I could move back to Holland, put us on the waitinglist for a place to rent, while I'll be living with my parents, having a job and when his contract is finished he could come to Holland, we'll get the place to rent, he'll get a job too and we'll be both happy. I asked him if he'd like to live in Holland and he loves Holland so...I hope it'll all be okay.

15. Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

A year ago, I told her I had feelings for her.
    She said she felt the same.
    We never did anything about it. She went on holidays, no contact for over a month.
    We just kinda died, I think she got over me.
    I didn't get over her.
    Our friendship crumbled for months, until eventually I made a huge effort to piece it back together.
    It worked, and I ended up asking her to our school formal.
    She said yes. We had an awesome night, got along great.
    I pulled some romantic kinda stuff, and ended up with a kiss on the cheek for my efforts.

Question is, where to now?
    I've had feelings for her for two years now.
    I don't know if it's worth the risk of losing our friendship for a second time.
    But I love this girl...

16. Arlene

Will: Haha, well, I guess, the best of luck to you. Maybe her sister will talk some sense into her, aye? I hope so, for you. You deserve to be happy. =)

Marj: I'm glad that things worked out (for the most part) by the end of your post, because I was getting increasingly sad reading all of that. Again, I wish you the best of luck with everything, as well. Because it seems that you love Maxime and your family so much that you really need a balance between the two. <3

Jordan: I think, that it's worth trying to be more than friends with her. You said that you both used to be interested, but just lost contact, but if you've been seeing her a lot more and everything, AND she went to the formal with you, give it a go man! I mean, obviously don't come on too strong and whatnot, but make sure she knows that you're still interested in having something with her. I think it could be beneficial to you. ^_^

17. Christopher

Christopher Über Member Über Member

Sounds like a plan, Marj. You know what I've said about the things you already have achieved, well, I still stand by what I said. If anyone can work something out it's you two. I wish you all the best. :hug:

18. Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

I'm sorry this is getting you so depressed Marj. I truly hope everything works out for yourself and Maxime, because I know you really love him. Even though
    I can't do it in person, I will give you a patented, 110% awesome Tim-Hug
    to cheer you up... :hug: :lol:

You know who to talk to if things start bothering you. ^_^

19. Messy Marj

Messy Marj LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

You are all so sweet, I love you guys. :hug:

20. Will

I explained to her I was sorry for all the headaches I've caused her and her boyfriend and how it was never my intention to overstep any boundaries and make people mad. She told me I should tell her boyfriend everything I had just told her, because he needed to hear it from me. So that's what I did. I told him I never meant to make him think I had some sinister plot built up in my head or anything like that. I respect the fact they've been together for as long as they have, I wasn't going to try to wreck that at all.

So more or less, I was the bigger man and gave up the girl to save the friendship. And their relationship.

Fuck me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.