Got Something You Want To Let Out Part 2

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Todd, Apr 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _cam_

_cam_ Well-Known Member

I just hate this day. :(

2. Iain

Iain i am a sloth LPA Super Member

I wish we'd quit with this. We're moving. We're not. We're moving again.

3. Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Must... stop... flirting with people I don't necessarily find attractive.

4. Evan™

Evan™ HI! I'm Randy, I'm a Bandicoot Über Member

you and i both

5. Gloomy Mushroom

Gloomy Mushroom Absolute Zero LPA Super VIP

I am really happy despite the shit my sister has given me. She gave me such a lecture on being pregnant and then convinced me to have an abortion, nope didn't work. I just feel like dancing.

I hope to raise my kid on the MJ song Billie Jean

6. Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

I still live in hope that one day I'll wake up and my family won't all be at each other's throats.

7. Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

My wisdom teeth are flaring up again. They hurt so bad I can't even sleep. Yay for Vicodin?

8. SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

ya me too
    and now this girl has feelings for me and i feel bad

9. $pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

I woke up on Friday around 11am I guess. My Dad has been working on an aluminum cover for our patio. Not the stuff that you can just dent, but the hard aluminum beams and whatnot. Anyway, I stayed in bed until about 3pm, and alittle bit before that I heard a loud crashing noise outside. Not thinking anything about it, I didn't get up. Well, about 20 minutes later I finally did, because I had work at 4:15pm. I went downstairs to take a shower, and my Dad was on the living room floor with his legs propped up on the couch. My mom was standing over him, talking to him. He was vomiting into a plastic container. My Mom and I both thought he was overheated, but as a few minutes went by, and he couldn't answer my Mom about what had happened outside, she called 911. The paramedics got there about 10 minutes later I guess. They thought the same thing we did. They took him to our local hospital and gave him a CT scan.

Well, I guess we were all wrong, as it turns out he has bleeding in his brain, pockets of air and several fractures of his skull behind his right ear. From what I can piece together by looking outside where he was working, and his injuries, he was on the very top step of the 6ft ladder (and he's about 6ft himself), he fell off and hit his head on these little mini-beams we have jetting out from under the new cover, then hit his head on the ground. So he fell pretty much 12 feet and hit his head twice. He'll be fine from what I understand, he'll miss work for around a month and have to wear a neck-brace. He's going to be in pain, but it's better than not having him around.

Some people here may know this, but my Dad and I have never gotten along that great. He's my Dad, and I'm his son, so we obviously love each other, but it's just understood, not said. I blame myself for this. I never want to help out around the house, and the one time my Dad really needs me to help on a big project like this, he doesn't ask because he knows how I am. Then he gets hurt pretty badly. I hate myself for this, and how I've always been. My Mother blames herself, because the one day she didn't go outside and check on him, he gets hurt.

To top this wonderful holiday weekend off, my best-friend from high school, Cody, died last night in his sleep. He's had a tumor on his brain stem for about a year now, and it was expected he'd die within the year, but it's just too close to comfort for me right now. I can't take all this. We had a fallen out a few years ago, but a mutual friend of ours said in his last days, he was asking about me.

I was supposed to visit him today.

10. Theazninvasion68

Theazninvasion68 It's like blood to a vampire, our tragic desire. LPA Super VIP

:hug: Wow.
    What a week, sir.

11. Gitsnik

Gitsnik WAAAGH!!! Über Member

I'm sick of all the typos you can find here in France. They are ewerywhere! (forums, malls, newspapers...)
    No wonder French people aren't good at languages, they can't even write, and some speak, their own language correctly.

12. $pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

Thanks, mav. My father is on the way back from the hospital as we speak. Two more days and he would have been in the hospital for a week. I, personally, still don't know the specifics of his injuries, but him being brought home is a good thing.

I went to my friend's wake last night. I didn't know bad he had gotten until I saw the last few months of his life on the little slideshow. I feel terrible.. terrible about never going to see him. I just live down the street, and I never made the effort. I keep trying to justify why I didn't by telling myself I couldn't have known he'd ever die, but the reality is that I did, and I was horrified at that thought.

13. Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

I check the news every day and see that more and more UK troops have been killed in Afghanistan and I pray that it isn't my friend...I should rather say brother because that's what he's like to me.

Fuck war.

14. Ophelia

Ophelia LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

I just want to scream and smash things. Today has been the hardest day I have had in a long time, and I was doing really well until last night.....

15. _cam_

_cam_ Well-Known Member

^ Hope you are ok :) Need a hug? :blush:

Im Happy today! coz at last I worked on to something! Haha:lol:

16. Christopher

Christopher Über Member Über Member

@Casey: I'm sorry to hear about your father's accident, I hope he'll recover soon.

-----

Such big plans for the future, nothing happening in the present. I'm such a different person in my head. Midlife crisis is going to hit me hard. I frankly don't stand a chance.

17. Ophelia

Ophelia LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

Trying to believe I did the right thing today, and failing miserably.

I am so very sorry for everything....

18. Nick

Nick Great Job! LPA Super VIP

Well.

I'm single.

And it feels good, and we ended on a good note. I could not be more happier with how we both handled it.

19. John

John LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

No more IAAE?

20. Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

So last night at around 10:30 the pain in my ear gets unbareable so my mum calls up the NHS direct helpline but because of all the swine flu panic she couldn't get through after 45 minutes on hold. Eventually she has to drive me up to my local hospital and we had to wait in the A&E department for 4 and a half fucking hours. When we finally get to see the doctor they say they can't do anything about the swelling around my ear because it's grown around a vein so I've been referred to the ear, nose and throat hospital down in central London today.

Apparently the reason why we had to wait so long last night is because people were going to hospital as a precaution because they thought they might have swine flu. The doctor even said that she didn't think even half of them had a serious case for being there but under the pandemic fear they have to keep an eye on anyone who thinks they might have it.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.