Got Something You Want To Let Out?

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Mechanical Christ, Aug 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Holiday

Holiday Married and on a life-long adventure! LPA Super VIP

I just lost my right to bitch and whine about reading...

...well, all I really have to read is stalls, spins and spiral dives...and maybe 'how to land in a crosswind so you don't splat it all over the runway, you dolt'. That would help too ;) [/b][/quote]
    hehe yup, you have it easy. :p

2. Ether

Ether Well-Known Member

well....my turn to bitch....

I've just started 2 weeks holidays for exam study...
    This is...
    1. The last exams of college (w00t)
    2. The last holidays of college :wth: (happy but sad)
    3. The last weekend to bludge in college. :(

And this is what I have to do:

Biology:
    - Draw my family pedigree (7 generations long)
    - Complete experiments 14.2, 15.1, 15.2, 15.3
    - Complete about 120 questions on DNA and Evolution (in detail)
    - Read over all notes taken over 3 moths and memorise everything
    - Complete 4 practise exams

Chemistry:
    - Read over all notes
    - Complete about 60 questions in detail
    - Do all Check points questions
    - Take notes
    - Take notes from notes
    - And take notes from the notes I took notes from

Mathematical Methods
    - Revise, revise, revise which includes going over all 11 exercises and doing past exams and chekpoints ect...

English
    - Read 3 books over and over
    - Watch GATTACA about 2 times
    - Take massive amounts of notes
    - Do past exams

Philosophy
    I have to read the following:
    - Letter to Menoceceus (Epicurus)
    - Nichomachean Ethics (Aristotle)
    - Gorgias (Plato)
    - What is man (Martin Luther King)
    - The Gay Science (Friedrich Neitsche)
    - Existentialism is a Humanism (Jean-Paul Sartre)
    - The Sovereignty of Good (Iris Murdoch)
    - Phaedo (Plato)
    - The Discourse on Method (Rene Descartes)
    - Computing Machinery and Intelligence (A.M Turing)
    - The Nature of Mind (D.M Armstrong)
    - Republic (Plato)
    - Science: Conjectures and Refutations (Karl Popper)
    - The Structure of Scientific Revolutions (Kuhn)
    - Progress Through Revolutions (Kuhn)

- Write an essay: When attempting to understand the world should we appeal more to the soul or science?

And all that in two weeks....why am i on here?? :lol:

3. Holiday

Holiday Married and on a life-long adventure! LPA Super VIP

I totally agree with that statement. :lol:

4. Evan™

Evan™ HI! I'm Randy, I'm a Bandicoot Über Member

thats alot of things....holy....im so glad im not in college yet....

anyway.....im feel so fucked up now.....i found out why my gf ditched me....theres this other guy....she told me she used to like him thats why she "forgot" about him or something like that....but now we have broken up...what does she do? go back to that jackass, that liked some other chick.....what the fuck man.....sighs.....im hurting again....

5. emyly

emyly freedom can be frightening if you've never felt it

I just realised that I'm in love with a friend.....

6. Runawy

Runawy Well-Known Member

Dude that sucks you need some sticky fingers like me :D

I'd get you to sneek a Tv out of your pocket and pants! :blink:

I swear, soo easy to steal, unless like your incompentent like me and is poor. :( [/b][/quote]
    yea man it is easy but then you get cocky and mess up like me

7. Branden

Branden hey! LPA Super Member

yea man it is easy but then you get cocky and mess up like me [/b][/quote]
    Shoplifting is so hardcore. You guys are pretty awesome.

8. Theazninvasion68

Theazninvasion68 It's like blood to a vampire, our tragic desire. LPA Super VIP

yea man it is easy but then you get cocky and mess up like me [/b][/quote]
    :eek:

Well, relax and try...

9. aki*lp

aki*lp LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I got my first kiss today...

10. emyly

emyly freedom can be frightening if you've never felt it

congratulations

I'm so happy right now.....a friend of mines came by my house and he made me a tatto that I wannted for a long time....I'm so happy that I finaly have it....it's on my wrist....it hurtet a lot *like all my other tattos*....it's wrighten the word : chestery_k .it's my nickname I have it for an year and I like it very much because it means a lot to me ^_^

11. The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

:eek:

Well, relax and try... [/b][/quote]
    Yes, because advocating theft on message boards is cool. :rolleyes:

12. Linja

Linja Good. Be magnanimous. Über Member

Yes, because advocating theft on message boards is cool. :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]
    :lol:

13. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I'm not the ladies man or whatever that some of you guys think I am...I'm actually quite different.

To some around here, based on what they tell me on AIM/MSN..they 'look up' to me because I post pictures of all these good looking girls I know, and they think that because of that I must have some sort of gift with the girls or something.

...and that's just totally wrong. :unsure: Never at any time upon posting the pictures of these girls were they someone who I was currentely dating, or had some type of relationship with (love, sexual, etc).

Because of this my self esteem has taken a plummet in recent months, as I've grown convinced that there is something about me or my personality that keeps these chicks from growing attracted to me. I haven't found a girl who ever truly liked me for who I am (except for over five years ago) and it seems the ones that (lied) about having feelings for me, usually have some sort of material interests behind it all (Fuck you Ashley...fuck you.).

I'm told when I help girls out that I'm an absolutely great guy and that there should be a perfect girl waiting out there for me someday. I've been told this for several years and yet it seems the girls I love dont want any part of me, like something about who I am doesn't make me good enough at all.

I can count at least 3 seperate occasions where I've given my heart out to a girl and given her everything I have only to have it fail on me. I invision myself as the Walk To Remember guy (after he became sweet) as I walk on eggshells to cater to the girl I love, write her poetry/make artwork or whatever I can do. I've gotten the impression sometimes that this is too much..but really...when do girls get treated like princesses nowadays? They get abused by their boyfriends, cheated on..and used for sex. Then along comes me with a different opinion, and it doesnt work for me.

It's made me become this ultra desperate, too sensitive guy which not only wussifies my image but makes me look fragile in the process. I never wanted to appear emo, or easy to break...but I'm a wreck. I wear my emotions on my sleeves now (as this..probably unneeded long post has shown you) and I've been screwed with girls now that I dont jump at the chance to date one anymore.

I feel insecure about my looks, who I am and everything. It didn't help that just two months ago, someone I cared about called me every insult in the book and told me to go kill myself.

Just why...why do I have to go through what I went through at school all over again? Why must I feel unwanted, unsexy and like people hate me?

I've never done anything wrong to anyone, always put myself before others. I only cheated once and it was when I was 13, which nobody should be dating at that age to begin with. Why should I get punished, when there's guys out there who cheat on every girlfriend they ever had? This fucking sucks.

It's making me hate life, not want to be on the LPA and making me feel increasingly uncomfortable.

Help me LPA, cause I give up. I think I gave up a long time ago.

14. Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

Derek, even though I am younger than you are, here's what I think about your situation.

I know exactly how you feel. I have given my heart to certain girls, and they just hurt me even more. One especially, which ruined my life and I almost killed myself because of it. I still regret rushing into it and I still can't sleep because of what she did to me.

Don't change your attitude so that girls like you. Be yourself. That's key in a successful relationship. A person likes another person because of who they are truly. Someone will come along and respect you for who you are. Don't be so convinced that you're going to live a lonely life. You hear about all of the bums who fail in life? Pessimists. Don't let this bring you down so much.

Don't give up. You are going to fucking hate yourself because of it. It's going to ruin you. You give up now, you give up permanently. Keep trying, but don't make it your life. People who are desperate for love end up getting hurt. If you slow down, but try, chances are you'll end up happy. Believe me.

I know what pain you're going through. It's a hard feeling, but we all go through hard times. Sometimes unnecessarily. Life is hard. We all have to accept it. And you know what's even harder? Love. Love can be a real pain unless you are patient. Patience is key. It's like waiting in line for your favorite ride at Six Flags. If you are impatient, it's not going to come along so quickly. If you are patient, it'll come along quicker than you think.

We're all here for you, Derek. Don't let this ruin you. Be patient, be smart, and don't give up. Things will turn up.

15. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Thank you...means a lot. Maybe I should turn off this Coldplay song, getting me a little emo reading all of this...

16. Theazninvasion68

Aww, I can give a try...

here it goes...

Well derek, first, cheer up, we(LPA) love you!
    And well, someday (Yes, we know you heard this many many times) a "perfect" girl will come by (Yea, right...). But you shouldnt do so much for one girl, unless you really, undyingly, love her. Well, you just need to stand ground with your emotions, the way i've seen, your not that fragile. You need to try to push them aside and think about it Later in life, but not now. Oh, and you shouldnt feel bad about your looks, to me, you look fine. i dont know why a girl wouldnt be attacted to you in Some way. And someone that you really cared for proabbly was in a bad mood, or just pissed off that moment.

I hope this helped at least a small tiny bit.And I suck at helping people, this is by far, the hardest i've tried in my life. And im slow

17. $pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

I broke down on Thursday night. I think I've hit rock bottom. I don't think I can live up to what everyone wants me to be. All the teachers, friends and family want me to come out of this a respectable, nice, clean cut guy that won't do anything like this again, but... I don't know if I can.

What if this whole experience just makes me go deeper into drugs? What if when I get out of Alternative School, I try acid? Or LSD? What happens then? I can't handle my family and friends being disappointed in me again.

I've never really been depressed in my life, but now... I think it's finally coming out.

18. Theazninvasion68

:hugz:

Just try, the best thing since not doing anything!

I'm sure you can do it casey!

19. Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Been there, done that.

I know about this probably more than anyone considering every member of my family has been successful, you just gotta say fuck what they want you to be because you can only be yourself and no one else. Even if it means if you take drugs or not, its your choice. If they can't deal with that then that's their problem, they need to get over it and get used to it.

20. Kris

Kris Well-Known Member

My boyfriend of 8 months broke up with me 2 nights ago. I'm not over him yet. It's little things like sitting in band with him that I miss. I miss holding his hand and I'm dreading when he dates another girl and I know that he will. I don't understand the art of breaking up. How can you be so involved with a person and then just wake up one morning and say hey i don't love you anymore. It just confuses me. He walks past me and still sits beside me and says that he doesn't want to ever lose me as a friend and i don't want to lose him either but it's really hard to be near him and not hear him say I love you. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.