Got Something You Want To Let Out?

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Mechanical Christ, Aug 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Sorry Casey. Yes, you only live once.

....then you do drugs for the stupid idea of just trying them out and it kills you before your time.

Sorry Casey, not to be rude..but get some sense into that head of yours. Personally I can think of way more exhilarating things then 4 lines of coke.

You want a head rush? Bungie jump off of a bridge. Dont do drugs. They're stupid, and I for one..hope they never get legalized.

2. Derek

Double post. Who gives a fuck.

WOW today has been real good. Between not sleeping well last night because I felt like a fuck up, as well as feeling my best friend is mad at me and having my parents get in a serious car accident, I think I've had enough.

It's one blow after another.

Yeah I get it..karma's a bitch. Now go away.

3. Holiday

Holiday Married and on a life-long adventure! LPA Super VIP

Personally, I think it's much better to try all of the drugs stuff when you're young, rather than when you have kids and some real responsibilities. When you're young you still have time to mess up and press the boundaries. We have to trust that Casey wouldn't get addicted or anything.

I've personally tried it twice, along with a lot of other things. I have felt the effects, I know what i'm getting into. It's been bad for me, I can feel it. but I don't regret it. I'm glad that I tried it. and there are still more things that I'd like to try. I'm only 19, I have lots of time.

If you don't ever want to try it, that's fine for you. Good for you, in fact. I don't want to go around not knowing. Curiosity will kill me one day. I've been lucky so far, *knock on wood* But if you're going to do these things, do them before you have people depending on you, like a spouse or a child.

Have fun, but don't get too hurt. Everything is a learning experience. It's my body, I can do what I choose to with it.

And just for the record, Bungee jumping does not give you the same sort of high. People get addicted to that shit too. It's dangerous too, not to mention. Its adrenaline released, just like it's dopamine released when you do coke and serotonin is released when you take Ecstasy. It all has to do with brain chemistry, just different ways to get there and different mixes.

There are so many things in this world that are dangerous, exhilarating, fun, free, different, illegal, or unknown. There is no way to do it all. He had the opportunity and took it. big deal.

If he isn't going to let it ruin his life, he's not doing enough to get a hole in his brain, and he's not hurting anyone, why should you really care or tell him he's being stupid?

4. Derek

Its just..I mean..

I'm what...20 this year(?), and I've never touched a single drug, or case of beer or a cigarette.

I just dont see the point in it. All you're doing by taking drugs or drinking is depending on chemicals (basically) to make you happy. It's not a good way to live your life.

5. Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

I just thought of something. If that was your first time doing it and you said you did 4 lines of it, I find it hard to believe that a n00b at cocaine could actually pull off 4 lines of cocaine. I don't do drugs, but I know for a fact that if you've never done it before, it's hard to do 4 lines of it. Atleast that's what I've heard.

6. Anthony.

Anthony. .Orestes LPA Super VIP

Casey, I'm gonna go straight to the point : what the fuck are you thinking?!

You know the effects, you know it's an artificial pleasure that in turn affects your ability to enjoy life WITHOUT drugs, you know it's an habit you are gonna have a hard time to get rid of... Living your life is making the most out of it, not getting a high from substances and meanwhile being a burden to society!

I'm sorry to be so rude in my comments but you really need to catch up with reality.

7. Amanda

Amanda RIP Chester LPA Super VIP

My cousin's an addict. It's not pretty. It's ruined her life and the lives of her children. I don't want to see that happen to you. That's all I'm going to say.

8. Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I'd say it'd probably have something to do with his tolerance of other drugs. As far as I know, Casey's done more than just cocaine (although if I'm wrong, I'm terribly sorry and meant no offense) so his body's probably more apt to handle the cocaine. I'm not saying that's a good thing or anything though.

9. $pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

I did 4 lines. It doesn't mean the lines were an alligator tail. They were small to medium sized lines. Or do you think I did 4 all at once? Because they were spread at over a couple of hours.

Yes, I know the effects and consequences it can have on my body at a later stage in life, but I'm willing to take that risk because I like the feeling. I like the taste of beer, so I drink it. I like the effects of pot, so I smoke it. I like what somas do to me, so I pop them. I like what the coke did, so I might try it later.

I understand where you're all coming from, I really do. But, like I said, this is my life, and I only live once.

10. Derek

Our point is Casey, it doesn't matter if you do some of these drugs only once because some drugs can kill you in one usage. Ecstacy being one of them.

You only live once, and yet..you're gonna shorten how long you live by using drugs? It's no secret that Chester probably took years off his life by how addicted he used to be, and its definitely no secret that Ozzy probably wont live to see his 80th birthday.

My point is Casey, just think of what you're doing to yourself. Everytime you do a drug (whether you want to admit it or not) it fucks your body up, because its a foreign substance that your body isnt used to.

11. $pvcxGhxztCasey

I know it fucks up my body right now, and has the potential to do it worse later i life. I guess it's something that I've thought about alot, and that I'm okay with.

12. Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

I think as long as Casey knows where to draw the line (so to speak) and not become an addict (unless he wants to) it's fine. I can relate to the whole only living once thing.

13. $pvcxGhxztCasey

I liked the draw the line pun. That's actually pretty funny. :p

But yeah, I have friends around me who did it with me that wouldn't let me do more when I wanted. They might be addicted, but they know the pitfalls and won't let me overdo it.

14. Branden

Branden hey! LPA Super Member

I think Casey can handle it himself and knows not to go overboard. As long as he realizes what it can do and does it in a safe way, he might as well go for it. It's something that I probably wouldn't do, but if you want to Casey, go ahead. Just don't get addicted or die.

15. Messy Marj

Messy Marj LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Mmmmyeah, amen to that.

16. Linja

Linja Good. Be magnanimous. Über Member

Exactly what Branden said, as long as you know your limits, have fun.

Thirded.

17. Holiday

Holiday Married and on a life-long adventure! LPA Super VIP

I'm sorry, Derek, but Ecstasy does not kill you in one try. To be perfectly honest, the MDMA (what is technical term for Ecstasy) you cannot overdose on. I personally know people who've taken 30+ pills in a night and all that happened was that they rolled for a week straight. I'm not saying I would ever do such a thing, but it is possible. Maybe not completely safe, but you're not going to die from it. It's a common misconception that you can die from it, but the only way you die is if you don't drink enough water (90+% of all deaths related to Ecstasy is this way), Drinking too much water (rare, but happens with those afraid they're not drinking enough), and if it's not actually X that the person bought, say it's like Ketamine or drain cleaner or some other filler. That shit is horrible for you.

But of course, this isn't about the effects of MDMA on your body. I could go on about that because I’ve looked a lot of stuff up.

Derek, it's good that you haven't done anything. I personally can't see how you could not be curious, but that's fine. Stay as clean as you'd like. It may be the best thing for you, because who knows how you'd react to such things and your brain will be better for it.

Everyone reacts to something differently. You don't know exactly what will happen until you try it, and then that changes every other time you do it.

I could say that everything is a foreign substance, but I don't think that's needed.

Sure, drugs can be dangerous, but they can also be fun or a learning experience. No matter what, they're something new and different. There are many ways to get a high, whether it is from sex, drugs, music, or skydiving. It's all related to releases in your brain and the effects. Some ways can be a bit more dangerous, but it can ALL lead to addiction, deterioration, or maybe even death. People are more likely going to die in a car crash than anything, yet most of you who are old enough, I'd imagine, drive.

What I'm getting at, is that there's always a chance you could get hurt or die. Sure, drugs affect your brain, so they may start hurting you soon, but most people don't want to live in a bubble or even until they’re 80.

But all of this is agreeing with what Brandon says.
    Hopefully all of this controversy is because we care about Casey's wellbeing and nothing else.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2006
  18. Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I think I might be becoming addicted to the Percocet I've been taking. When it's not in my system, I shake pretty constantly for about an hour. Although, for all I know, that's probably normal. But I'm definitely afraid I'm becoming addicted. It happened to one of my friends last year when he hurt his knee.

19. Linja

Linja Good. Be magnanimous. Über Member

It's good that you're taking notice of what could happen early. Can you talk to your doctor, get something else prescribed?

20. Tom

Tom LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

My Gran has been diagnosed with leukemia :cry::cry:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.