Green Day

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Muri, Jun 14, 2005.

Muri

Muri It never ends.

I don't think there is a Green Day thread here,except WMUWSE.

Anyway,what do you think about their older stuff?
    Like "Longview","Blood,Sex and Booze","Desensitized","Warning" etc.
    Is it better or worse than the "American Idiot" songs?

Personally,I think they're old stuff is damn great. I like the newer songs too,though.

Chris Luke

Chris Luke LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

1,309 Smotherd Slappy Hours & Kerplunk > Any other Green Day album. And American Idiot wasn't bad. Some people say they sold out, I don't.

Adam

Adam !!!! LPA Super Member

Longview and Hitchin' a ride.

Oh how I love those songs.

I like American idiot but it was too polished for my taste, so I prefer their older material.

I Don't Need No Accuser

I Don't Need No Accuser Well-Known Member

Dookie > Nimrod > American Idiot > Insomiac > Warning > Kerplunk > 1039 smoothed out slappy hours

Insomniac has some great songs, but I think overall AI is better.

Some of my favorite songs: The Grouch, Scattered, Good Riddance, Redundant, Chump, Walking Contradiction, and Stuck With Me.

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Basket Case,Macy's Day Parade,Minority,When I Come Around and Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life) are awesome.Slappy Hour and Kurplunk were good albums but Dookie and Warning were their best old albums.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

Governator is their best. :p

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

I LOVE GREEN DAY.

I am finally going to see in live on September 7th and I honestly cannot wait! I have all of their albums and personally Dookie is my favorite album of theirs. It's such a classic with some of the best songs they've ever done (Longview, Welcome To Paradise, Basket Case, When I Come Around).

When American Idiot came out, the album blew my mind and it really showed that Green Day is still on top of their game.

Whimsicality

Whimsicality I broke the dam.

You'll love it, they're really awesome live.

Yeah, I think as a whole American Idiot is my favorite Green Day album...but Dookie is awesome as well, and Warning, Insomniac and Kerplunk! have great moments too. And I haven't heard any of their others, so yeah.

My favorite Green Day songs are Jesus of Suburbia, Letterbomb, Burnout, Longview, Brat, Brain Stew, Outsider (the Ramones cover) and Misery.

savetomorrow

savetomorrow Well-Known Member

Green Day is good, until you get to the American Idiot material. Sure, its a commericial success but all these people think they're new and they have no idea what good songs they've produced in the past.

The one thing I like about American Idiot is their new live setup. They have a bigger band to sound huge and epic which is pretty cool for what was a punk band.

Favorite songs: "Minority", "Warning" (even though they completely ripped that riff off of that Kinks song), "When I Come Around", "Welcome to Paradise", and "Longview"

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

I'm seeing them October 5th.

Atsuzen

Atsuzen Super Member LPA Super Member

I love Green Day too ;) . I can't say that I like their new stuff better than the older stuff, but I can't say vice versa either. Green Day is Green Day and I love them all the same.

But I dig Minority. :lol:

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

For me, Dookie is perfect in every way, and Shenanigans has a good standard of music for a b-sides collection.
    Favourite songs: Longview, In The End, Maria, Letterbomb, Brainstew and WMUWSE.

Friskey™

Friskey™ LPA Super Member LPA Addict

Green Day's discography until 2004 > American Idiot

My opinion right there.

Louis

I think Green Day is one of the most excellent bands out there. They take the idea of Rock to a whole new level and that acheivement amazes me. I became a fan when American Idiot came out, but then I started listening to Green Day's older music and I bought all of their albums. The hits of the older albums definitely top American Idiot songs, but American Idiot shows that Green Day is living beyond the fans' expectations.

Unfortunately, Dookie and Insomniac weren't the best of albums, even though they had some pretty cool songs on them. (Brain Stew, Jaded, Good Riddance, etc.). They didn't sell as much as other albums, but they were pretty good. It's still Green Day, and it's still good.

As for the members, they are my idols. Being the musicians that they are, they pull off what many couldn't imagaine after the minor failures of Insomniac and Dookie, and yet they have the personality that makes you smile. I watched Story Tellers a couple of months back and I have to say, they had an amazing performance. And the way they had their in depth descriptions of the songs on American Idiot really amazed me. These guys know what they're doing and know what they are talking about.

I think that the best of all the albums was the International Superhits! album. Of course, it has all of the hits off of their previous albums and that's pretty much the reason to love it. American Idiot comes as a close second and the rest are amazing as they are.

So overall, Green Day is just one of the most amazing bands I know. Their music has never failed to grab my attention and interest.

List of my favorite Green Day songs (in no particular order):

Hitchin' a Ride
    American Idiot
    Holiday
    Homecoming
    Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)
    Brain Stew
    Jaded
    Stuck With Me
    When I Come Around
    Basket Case
    Macy's Day Parade
    Longview
    Welcome to Paradise
    Wake Me Up When September Ends
    St. Jimmy
    Jesus of Suburbia
    Governator
    And many, many more!

hybrid_fan

hybrid_fan Ambient

"time of your life" and "when I come around" are the best

LPUer

LPUer Member

i think there overrated but thats just me. no offense

Chris Luke

Chris Luke LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Linkin Park is overrated. I mean really, if Green Day can make a multi-platnum album after over 10 years, they are defitnaly not overrated.

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

Linkin Park is overrated. I mean really, if Green Day can make a multi-platnum album after over 10 years, they are defitnaly not overrated. [/b][/quote]
    I highly agree with you.

Louis

i think there overrated but thats just me. no offense [/b][/quote]
    *looks at sig*

I think you over rate Linkin Park.

I Don't Need No Accuser

I Don't Need No Accuser Well-Known Member

Wow, are you kidding me? Dookie is their biggest album to date and was a huge success. It's their greatest album by far. And Good Riddance was on Nimrod. And as for the overrated comment. That's his opinion. I think their new album is overrated to an extent, but meh.