Greetings.

Discussion in 'Newbie Camp' started by Telekinetic Psychologist, Nov 29, 2017.

Telekinetic Psychologist

Telekinetic Psychologist all the souls have gone...

Hello.
    First of all, I wanted to say thank you for existing as a website. I end up in here every time I look for opinion on something LP-related, and your images are awesome indeed.
    I suppose I must introduce myself now. I'm from Venezuela, I'm 16 and of course I like Linkin Park.
    I'm not sure what my first LP album was, but I do remember liking a band named Lacuna Coil before it. My dad had two albums of theirs in our car, and I just liked them so I listened to them frequently. Then some day I ended up listening to Hybrid Theory, not really caring about who this other band was, and soon after we also had Living Things in our car. This was around five years ago, so young me didn't look too much into it. LP was that band dad put in our car that I liked, and not much more.
    It all changed this year.
    Heavy came out, me from some months ago put the Lyric Video just because, generic "what-the-dang-this-ain't-the-Linkin-Park-I-know-hate-hate-hate" opinions, whatever. Battle Symphony, mom likes it, more stupid "how-can-you-like-that-pop-garbage-please-mom" opnions from yours truly. Good Goodbye, "meh-it-still-sucks-but-at-least-we-got-the-rap-guy-now" opinions. I must have looked very punchable back then.
    Then dad put the album in our car. EVERY SINGLE TIME we went somewhere, mom put it, AND attempted to sing Battle Symphony. The album itself was meh, but that over-saturation made it unbearable for me. We went out, we probably put LT (mom also sang in this one, mostly In My Remains and Castle of Glass) or some other band entirely, AND THEN IT CAME. Those "wah-woo-woo" sounds at the beginning of NCSM meant 35 terrible minutes for me. I simply despised One More Light.
    Then July 20 happened.
    Me from some months ago felt pretty bad. I didn't even know this guy's name before it happened, and now it meant so much. This unique human being was responsible for two albums I really liked and one that made my mom happy, and I just felt like a total jerk for bashing something without knowing where it came from. It was around the following months that I found you guys.
    A couple of months later, I decided to do something about it. I got Meteora (first album I ever, uh, "acquired" myself), passed it to my just handed-down phone, and enjoyed it (yes, I enjoy Meteora). Then I kept reading about it, looked for lyrics (I found Linkinpedia that way), learnt the names, roles and faces of all six of them, watched the Music Videos, asked for an LP album for Christmas... And before I noticed, I had become a Linkin Park fan.
    And so I reach this point in time, with me creating a LinkinPark.com account, not finding their forums interesting enough and not having even a mental image of money to join the LPU, so I got an LPA account instead.

... And that wraps it up. I'm deeply sorry if my story came out as boring, unrelatable, and/or unworthy of recommending, but I have never been this honest and direct before. I hope we all get to be friends, and I'll do my best to become a respectable member of LPAssociation.
    Once again, thank you.

TobinKnowsBest, Sasuke and Michele like this.
    Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

Thats a really cool story (beside the "happening" of June 20th). Nice to see how people turn into LP fans :lol:
    Its all but not boring or unworthy. Its honest and nice. Its great to read.

I hope you have fun here and hope you will enjoy it here :)

Vdalem

Vdalem Purrfect! LPA Super VIP

*comes with welcome cookies plate* Sing a happy happy happy happy happy song! Welcome to the lang of dazed and confused aka LP Association! Cookie? :)

Telekinetic Psychologist

Telekinetic Psychologist all the souls have gone...

Thank you. [grabs one]
    ...And I just remembered that I forgot to write about the Hollywood Bowl concert!
    It was like a confirmation for me. I was genuinely hyped about it and got my parents to watch the whole thing live with me (and that's saying something, it ended at around 2 AM here!). It was beautiful in every aspect: The positive atmosphere, the supportiveness, the kind words, the energy every guest brought into every song (many of them new to me), Mike's sheer determination during the whole show (as soon as he dropped that Until it Breaks verse he became my personal definition of awesome)... It felt like a warm welcome into a family of millions. It was that day when I knew I am a Linkin Park fan.