Grind

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by [Darken Hybrid], Aug 6, 2003.

[Darken Hybrid]

[Darken Hybrid] Ambient

While the rest of his high school graduating class is heading to the same old grind of college, skateboarder Eric Rivers (Vogel) and his best friends, Dustin (Brody), a goal-oriented workaholic, and misfit slacker Matt (Vieluf) have one last summer roadtrip together to follow their dream of getting noticed by the professional skateboarding world - and getting paid to skate. When skating legend Jimmy Wilson's (London) skate demo tour hits town, the boys figure that as soon as he sees their fierce tricks, he'll sign them up for his renowned skate team immediately, right? Unfortunately, the guys are intercepted by Jimmy's road manager (Foley) and they can't get their foot in the door, much less their boards. But they do get some free advice: keep skating, stay true to yourself, and stay in the game - if you're good, you'll get noticed. Following their dream - and Jimmy's national tour - Eric, Dustin and Matt start their own skate team, reluctantly sponsored by Dustin and his college fund. After recruiting laid-back ladies man Sweet Lou (Kern) to join their crew and provide the wheels for their tour, team "Super Duper" launches the ride of their lives in an outrageous road trip from Chi-town to Santa Monica. The professional scene doesn't exactly welcome "nobody" skaters, but these outsiders stick together through extreme misadventures. In their quest to go pro, they meet professional vert skating champions Bucky Lasek, Bob Burnquist and Pierre Luc Gagnon, skate pro Bam Margera and his crew Preston Lacy, Ehren "Danger" McGhehey and Jason "Wee Man" Acuña, as well as sexy skate chick Jamie (Morrison) as they grind handrails across America and force the skateboarding world to give 'em a piece of the action.

Starting: Mike Vogel, Vince Vieluf, Adam Brody, Joey Kern, Jennifer Morrison, Jason London, Dave Foley

If you haven't seen the trailer then click here.

I think that this movie is alright. I'll wait until it comes out on video and rent it.

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

I am going to go see this movie with my friends. We love skaters. :lol:

The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

I'm a skater so I'll definitely be seeing this...plus it looks hilarious

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

We've had the poster for some quite time at work and it looked sofa king stupid, but from the trailer, it looks like a great comedic teen movie.

LinkinTheory

LinkinTheory Well-Known Member

Sounds kinda funny. I may go see it.

PauletteEMLPGC

PauletteEMLPGC Super Member LPA Super Member

I can't wait to see that. That guy from Rat Race was in it and don't forget about Bam.

Alexis

Alexis Extremely H! Vltg3

I love skateboarding... Not sure if this is going to be much of a girl's movie but apparently there are a lot of cameos from pros so I'll probably go.

LPxchicaxMKS

LPxchicaxMKS Well-Known Member

My best friend is a skater so im most likly going to see this movie with him.

John.

John. i am corruption LPA Super Member

I'm a former skater, but I'm gonna go see this movie cause it looks funny as hell. :D

MaDd BoKo 03

MaDd BoKo 03 Banned

i seen the movie..and its great

PauletteEMLPGC

PauletteEMLPGC Super Member LPA Super Member

Yes, it was pretty good. Blindside was in it!! Very suprised by it but it was a lot better than I thought it would be.

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

:p The movie was funny!! 7/10. :lol: