Guild Wars

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by LD50, Sep 18, 2005.

LD50

LD50 Well-Known Member

Why hasn't this been done yet? Nobody likes teh GW? =(

Guild Wars official site

Yes, an MMORPG. Unlike so many other crappy MMO's, Guild Wars is for the casual gamer, unlike WoW, which could be considered "hardcore" in terms of effort. Guild Wars is designed to present a fun atmosphere for both hardcore and casual MMO-er (like me) alike. It's quest-based, so there really isn't any boring level grinding, you get ns exp from both killing the monsters along the way in whatever quest you’re doing, and for completing the quest itself. Missions net you a cool 1,000 exp (2,000 if you do the bonus).

Max level is 20, there are 6 job classes to choose from, and every character gets a primary and secondary job class. Each class has it's own unique set of skills (nothing new here, obviously), but the customization is enormous. Each class has over 150 skills, which means on any given character you can have 300 skills to work with to refine your build.

You can also create a PVP character right off the bat, which will be at level 20, and ready to compete against other players in an arena. You are limited to using only skills you have already unlocked in game, though. =)

Very fun, very addicting, not so very time-consuming as other MMO's can be. Come, join me. My guild is "I Have Rats In My Anus" (click to go to my guild forum, brand new - no members xD) and you'll find me on any of the following characters: The Bloody Wrath, Frail And Rotting, and Yuki Kasume (in that order, most likely).

Weezy

Weezy Well-Known Member

I played it, but gave up after not getting a decent team four or five times. I can't beat Ring of Fire..

Mushroom Cloud

Mushroom Cloud Well-Known Member

the PVP is cool....I like how they give you the option to go directly into it without selling half your life......but Im just not into mmoprg's anymore

Stick N move

Stick N move Well-Known Member

some friends of mine are addicted to it..

i really liked watching to it.. and he keeps talking about some class who beats all other classes with those skills. warrior monks are n00bs compared to them.. i just forgot the class :mellow: :blush:

Shade

Shade Well-Known Member

One glaring misconception in that article. WoW is definately not hardcore. It's the easiest MMO I've ever heard of/played. Perhaps Guild Wars is easier, but I've heard enough compliants about it to keep from checking it out.

If you want to talk about hardcore MMO's, look under Final Fantasy XI.

Mushroom Cloud

Mushroom Cloud Well-Known Member

that game makes you insane......if you die....you lose 4 hours worth of gameplay...but I have to admit it was fun while it lasted...