"Guilty All The Same" Lyric Video On YouTube

Discussion in 'News' started by Zane, Mar 7, 2014.

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Yep, but it's still a must!

Actually, and as random as it might sound, I just hope the album cover won't have any white background as it has been the case with the last 3 records (and hey, even DBS :lol:). Not a fan of any of those covers.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

This. Rakim's part in the song is definitely a highlight. So awesome.

Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

This. Anyways, the lyric vid looks pretty lazy. They should've asked that guy from the Blackout lyric vid to do another one.

:shifty:

murphyLP

murphyLP The blood of innocence burning in the skies

Plus the guy is a legend! One of the best rappers of ALL TIME.
    Legends like Jay Z, Nas, Eminem put him in their top 5.

He doesnt collab very often with nobody and LP managed to get him. Pretty epic

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Don't have anything against these guys, but now after seeing the Carnivores tour artwork (so fucking awesome), I don't want Ghost Town Media to do LP6 art. Whoever made those art pieces (and GATS cover, if you look closely), keep fucking going.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2014
    lorenzoerr

lorenzoerr Active Member

"calm before the storm"

Lotus Flower

Lotus Flower Well-Known Member

Meh. I like that they're trying to be more diverse in sound, but this quasi-MCR thing doesn't work at all for me. I thought they struck gold with A Thousand Suns, so it's a shame they're moving back into pseudo-metal.

Dragondust

Dragondust Lingering distortion LPA VIP

ya I love it...did you notice the arm making a fist...I didn't see it right away...I wonder what the completed image will be???

@LP2K12

@LP2K12 Est. 2K12

I'm totally digging the artwork...
    thehuntingparty.jpg

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Yep. It's a shame that they're heading in an unexpected direction instead of doing electronic music after 2 heavily electronic albums. :rolleyes:

Ridiculously Photogenic

Ridiculously Photogenic Active Member

I've been a fan of Linkin Park for ten years now. Hell, I've had an account here since 2007, but created this one because of email issues. These guys are the reason I got into music. They're the reason I produce it, and I owe a lot of my creative upbringing to them as a whole. Guilty All the Same got me pumped, and I can't wait for the next installment, but that Catalyst video made me want to voice this out, so bear with me.

Out of everything these guys have ever done, my favorite album has and will always be A Thousand Suns. Everything that brought that album into fruition was right down my alley of interest. I remember the ARGs that the band began launching, with binary codes being deciphered, with quotes from Robert Oppenheimer and the Bhagavad Gita, and with an all around conceptual feel of album that screamed at you, "This is the end. We brought this upon ourselves. God help us all." I loved that. I love history, and I love the fact that Linkin Park made an album that entirely revolved around the idea of man clashing with technology.

The tracks on it? Each one was completely different from the other. Each one had its own formula. There was barely a taste of "verse, chorus, verse, chorus, bridge, chorus" in that record, and each song still worked. What was it that makes this album my number one record from them? It all came together. It all sounded planned out. It started off with the idea of destruction, and literally ended with a prayer for mankind to survive. It all had an encompassing theme, and it fit perfectly for me.

Whatever their next record is set to bring, I really do hope it takes us back to a Thousand Suns state of mind. And by that, I don't mean that it sounds like it. I hope that the next record sets itself out to be a separate entity from the rest of their work; that the tracks complement each other rather than form a compilation. I hope this album feels just as inspired as A Thousand Suns felt, right down to the artwork, like it knows what it wants to achieve. ATS did that for me. Living Things was great on its own too, don't get me wrong. But for some reason, that inspiration wasn't there in it. Maybe it was just my personal taste, or maybe it's an overall flaw from that record; I don't have an answer.

But A Thousand Suns was an album no other band could have made. I was proud that it came from Linkin Park. It was truly their own beast, and it deserved more observance. I just hope that this new record recaptures that innovation. It's not just the raw, heavy sound that brings the hunger out for me, and I think Linkin Park understands that. It's what the album as a whole conveys to the listener. It's what make the album an album, rather than a mix of tracks. Linkin Park made a damn solid album with ATS, and that's what I hope they hold onto with Living Things. Coherent hunger and focused craftsmanship.

/endkanye-esquemonologue

lilj4425

lilj4425 Well-Known Member

Good lord. Where's the cliffs notes version? It's going down, I'm yelling timberrrrrr.

RazorEye

RazorEye The light on the horizon...

I was too distracted by your signature that i didn't read your post :lol:

Ridiculously Photogenic

Ridiculously Photogenic Active Member

Hopefully it's not too big for the forum layout! Good lord, when did I put that guy up there..

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

While I dont think ATS is their best, its actually one of my lesser favorites, I can agree with the point you are trying to make! IT is a very good point.

mastae

mastae Some Honky

Jesus christ hahahahaha

Brandon Torio

Brandon Torio Well-Known Member

Lyric video is rather underwhelming and bland, tbh. Nothing against the song, but lyric vids can be really entertaining and engaging if done well.

lpmadness

lpmadness Well-Known Member

Chester said the album name is out there already but he's not gonna say what it is. Hunting Party fits this album well and can't wait to hear it! Stoked!

Josh

Josh Met LP 8-13-14 LPA VIP

Where did he say this? Link?

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator