Hannibal

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Lee, Aug 12, 2013.

Lee

Lee Well-Known Member

I guess this can be the thread for the Red Dragon book series, Red Dragon film series (AKA The Silence of the Lambs film series), and the TV series Hannibal.
    So, any Fannibals in the forum?

I just watched the final episode of the season.

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

I've seen all the films with Anthony Hopkins in it.

As for the tv show I also finished watching season 1 just a day back. It was pretty decent. I thought Mads Mikkelsen did a decent job.

What did you think of the finale?

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Gread books, Great movie and the show is the greatest of all.

Lee

Lee Well-Known Member

The finale was pretty good.
    I wonder how much Bedelia knows about Hannibal's crimes. She hinted at knowing.
    Man, I feel bad for everything that's happened to Will Graham.

I've seen all the films, except for Manhunter.

I'm going to read the books, but I don't know if I should read them in the order they were written, or if I should read Hannibal Rising before the others.

Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

Ah man, "Hannibal" was one hell of a show. i haven't seen anything on TV that violent or disturbing for years. incredibly good. Mads was a perfect choice to play Dr. Lecter. I wonder if there will be a 2nd series? Thing is i can't see it being stretched out forever. 3 seasons tops. Hannibal will have to be uncovered at some point.

Agent

^ Actually they plan to do 7 seasons, with season 3 being Silence of the Lambs I think. They'll cover more books in the next seasons and will give an original final season.

Jesse

Season two starts Feburary 28th 2014.

[​IMG]

Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

So excited!

_cam_

_cam_ Well-Known Member

I haven't read the books yet, but I'm dying to read it. I'm still looking for a decent copy. As for the movie, The Silence of the Lambs was spectacular compared to Hannibal maybe because of Jodie Foster. Hehe. Anthony Hopkins did a wonderful job portraying Hannibal Lecter, but I never fantasized him compared to Mads Mikkelsen. Hahaha! :lol: They both portrayed the character well. I think this is the reason why I wanted so bad to read the book to picture out what I think of Hannibal Lecter. I feel sorry for Will Graham though. He is just so fragile, but he is trying so hard. I can't wait for the season 2.

Jesse

[​IMG]

She's got to know... right? I mean there are a lot of hints and clues. And that smirk Hannibal gives her. Hmm.

Also, it sucks they can't use the Clarice character. As it's with MGM and they're set on doing a show on lifetime. (They can't mention Hannibal...) Maybe'll just rename her and give the same plot.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2013
    Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

Ugh, it's like the Marvel universe all over again.

Agent

Season one showed promise and potential but there were certain things that really bugged me like: Will's random and unnecessarily dragged out hallucination sequences, him using his borderline psychic power to figure out who Hannibal truly is (seriously what was that?), some of the overly 'decorative' crime scenes etc. Also it annoyed me how they dealt with Will's mental decline... one minute he's fine, the next minute he's completely batshit crazy.

I really hope they streamline the story more in the next season.

Jesse

What? There was something "off" about Will from episode one. I do agree that the borderline psychic stuff is really annoying. The almost supernatural crap is the only flaw I can find personally, though.

Agent

Yeah he was off but never completely batshit crazy. There was a gradual decline of his mental health. Also, if I remember correctly, initially he was completely against indulging Hannibal to psycho-analyse him but at some point he somehow agree to it by repeatedly going to his chamber. I don't think they explained that change of heart very well.

_cam_

_cam_ Well-Known Member

That smirk. Dayummm...

That psychic power annoyed me sometimes.

In my opinion, the crime scenes were instinctively perfect and creative. I don't find it artsy.

Hannibal Lecter was such a brilliant manipulator. At some point, Will Graham trusted him. He felt that somehow there was a connection that Hannibal understands him which in fact, he was just playing his mind. I feel sad for him. He was just too fragile, complicated, lonely, and definitely not stable. It's like in a matter of seconds, he could just pop! I don't know how will the writers on Season 2 will make his character strong and capable of surviving Hannibal Lecter's toying on him. Just barely watching him in Season 1, I felt like he's more insane than sane. If I didn't know Hannibal Lecter's true persona, I would never doubt Will have done those killings.

Jesse

As for the mental heath comments, speaking for personal experience, I find it pretty relateable. I live with my sister who is bi-polar and has levels of schizophrenia as well. Sometimes she acts perfectly normal and other times she's a total different person, her personality can change in an instant.

Jesse

Season 2 Trailer. MANY SPOILERS [video=youtube;XVhl6WgMTGw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVhl6WgMTGw[/video]

OH FUCK! This looks amazing.

Usually trailers cover the first 1-3 episodes of a series, so.. if all this goes down in the first there eps, woah!

Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

I can't wait! I'm really looking forward to this. I bought Season 1 on DVD a few weeks ago and finished it, so I didn't have to wait a full year for new episodes! I really hope they can make it to their 7 Season vision!

Jesse

So... this season has been so fucking good. Will is actually getting really dark and becoming a monster while he is trying to catch one.

Question about the latest episode. Since Margo is a lesbian and she was talking about needing an heir do you think the reason she bedded Will was so that he could impregnate her?

Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

Oh, definitely. I didn't know she was a lesbian when I saw her in the show (maybe I wasn't paying attention enough), but if it means taking down her brother, there's no doubt in my mind she would do all she could to get her inheritance.

Also, her brother, Mason Verger, I haven't read the books, but I've heard he's the Joker to Hannibal's Batman, which has got me incredibly excited.
    Those pigs, god that was just, uhh. I can't wait to see where that goes.