Hannibal

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Lee, Aug 12, 2013.

1. Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

At the Comic-Con Hannibal panel, footage from the Red Dragon arc of Season 3 was shown. It looks AMAZING, and I'm pumped for it even more. Though if you're unfamiliar with the Red Dragon story, I'd suggest avoiding the clip.

[video=youtube;loOgfXNs-VI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loOgfXNs-VI[/video]

2. Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

1. This was up there with the best episodes of the series. Loved how quick the pacing was, basically 43 minutes of action.
    2. This was probably the most disturbing episode of the series. The reveal of the pig surrogate and Margot's completely broken look on her face was almost too much to handle. Great job to the actress.
    3. Mason's sadism was taken to a whole new level, which made his death even more satisfying.
    4. The only disappointment with the new "faceoff" (had me ripping my hair out), was that Hannibal didn't take what was left of Mason's face off. When he looked at the mirror and saw Cordell's face on him, it was such a relieving moment for me.
    5. Absolutely love how Will essentially breaks up with Hannibal and promises not to look for him anymore, after which Hannibal surrenders. It was almost a romantic gesture, regardless of the fact he had a gun on him.

3. Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

Episode 7 was so wonderfully fucked, hahaha. This season is so on point. Easily my favorite show on TV right now. If this really is the last season ever (which it probably is), it seems like a good one to go out on.

Also, I usually avoid the preview for the next episode, but I ended up watching it this week. The Red Dragon arc looks fucking insane visually. Holy shit.

4. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

I really like how Hannibal screwed Will over at the end. You don't wanna see me, or know what I'm doing or where I am? Well, I'll make you know.

BURN>.<

5. Gibs

I felt like Hannibal surrendered because he realized that if Will wasn’t trying to catch him anymore, what was the point of it all? But I really like your take too Jesse. :lol: That episode was all kinds of fucked up, holy shit. Hannibal being canceled makes me sad, but their adaptation of Red Dragon looks INSANE. I could honestly forgive NBC for canceling Hannibal if Bryan Fuller's adaptation lives up to what I thought the story could be in his hands.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2015
  6. Jesse

My take? That's exactly how it went down. It's basically an analogue to a terrible break up, but the heart broken refusing to go away. Did you see that smug look Hannibal gave Will when he was arrested?

There's really only one other way that it makes sense, and that is that Will manipulated Hannibal into turning himself in by using the most simple trick of all. Reverse psychology. He tells Hannibal he doesn't want to know anything about him, knows what he's done and Hannibal denies Will's wishes to be in peace, forcing him to know exactly where he is. But it's Will that has the upper hand because that's exactly what he wanted Hannibal to think.

So either Hannibal turned himself in to screw over Will.
    Or Hannibal turned himself in to screw over Will because Will manipulated him to.

I remember last season Hannibal said to will something to the effect of "But you'd have me behind bars...?" When Will betrayed him by warning everyone. Hannibal rather be dead than in jail, except in the very specific circumstance where he can get revenge on Will for breaking his heart.

7. Filip

Damn son. DAMN.

It just keeps getting better. This episode was all kinds of fucked up, yet there was so much... love in the air. :lol:

THE GREAT... RED... DRAGON...

8. Jesse

This episode felt really weird to me. I still liked it but SPOILERS FOR OTHER HANNIBAL STUFF.

It felt very very strange seeing a direct adaptation of the movie stuff in the show. Like, they're the same scenes but so different.

This show, man.

9. Filip

I also love how everything has become a sexual innuendo. :lol:

10. Gibs

These past two episodes have been a great return to form for the show, like the most recent one. It felt like the show I fell in love with in the first two seasons. Not to say that the first half of this season was bad, it was just way too slow and overly pretentious. What I'm excited for more than any other plot point from Red Dragon, is them covering Francis Dolarhyde's childhood, which was briefly teased during this episode. God, I loved this episode, especially how it filled in parts about Abagail following the end of season 1.

Oh, and the bit about "finger-wagging" was hilarious. :lol:

11. The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/08/03/hugh-dancy

Hugh Dancy has been cast in a regular role in a new Hulu series The Way, which also stars Aaron Paul and Michelle Monaghan.

It's not looking good for the Hannibal. :(

12. Gibs

This doesn't surprise me, since all the actors on Hannibal have been released from their contracts. The earliest I see any kind of Hannibal revival, if it happens, would be 2-3 years from now. But a show starring Hugh Dancy, Aaron Paul AND Michelle Monaghan? Count me extremely interested.

13. Filip

14. Gibs

You know, if all else fails, they should totally Kickstart a Hannibal film, similar to what Veronica Mars did. I'd totes pledge tons of money for that!

15. Filip

DAAAAAAAAMN THAT ENDING. So fucking good. Richard Armitage is doing an incredible job. It was amazing to see him devour the painting. :lol: I can't wait to see how the story goes from here.

16. Gibs

I really liked this episode! It's interesting how they pushed forward parts of the latter half of the novel into this episode, since the Red Dragon storyline has barely kicked off. Considering how there are only 3 more episodes left, I assume they put some of the iconic, exciting bits towards the end (since they haven't happened yet), so the show really goes out with a bang. Much excite.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2015
  17. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I didn't really like the ending of the latest ep

18. Filip

:cry:

So good.

19. The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

I didn't get to watch the show as a whole, but I got curious and saw this and.....what the hell I've been missing out. Hot damn. This was really different and similar (at the same time) from the book lol.

[video=youtube;KLY91Dz_guo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLY91Dz_guo[/video]

Since they already (as I've heard) adapted Hannibal (with the Vergers), Hannibal Rising (Hannibal's family) and Red Dragon (practically the whole show lol), I really hoped they could move to Silence of the Lambs if ever there's a season 4. But wow.

20. Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

@The Joesen One: You should definitely watch it! It's probably the best, most consistent genre show on TV, and without a doubt the best show on U.S. network TV that I've seen.

Man, that finale was fantastic. As much as I'd love for the show to continue in some form, The Wrath of the Lamb would be an appropriate ending to the series.