Has Linkin Park lost fans???

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by thesungoesdown, Mar 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

use proper punctuation, damn it. "there" and "their" - clear difference! and the "thing that they put records on" are turntables ...

Last edited: May 15, 2006
    Mk_Spike

Mk_Spike Well-Known Member

lol told!!!

heirofslytherin

heirofslytherin Well-Known Member

I started a topic on Linkin Park in the Live Wire forums and guess what almost 50% of the respondents said that they had grew out of it.

minuteforce

:rolleyes: i'd say they're out of their minds, but that's me ... :D

ProEdge

ProEdge Well-Known Member

LP I'm sure has lost fans but that's just the nature of the beast; it's the way music evolves. Don't get me wrong, they're going to continue doing what they're doing, and there will always be people listening. Hell, they're already one of the biggest rock acts in the world and I doubt they are lacking of any fans. But I believe that's just the way music is. Some fans will come and go while others will stick with the group for the whole ride.

Sub6

Sub6 Member

Yea yea, i couldn't think of the name for the turntables then, sry.

hardcore-LP-fan

hardcore-LP-fan New Member

Yea, we do have to come to grips to the fact that half of us are just ''teens'' going through typical teenager hard times, I fear I will get over LP sooner or later, but i'll always be up for listening to them... every band has to get old, we are losing fans because half the world are turning to rap now..... and I guess well..... that's just the way it is.

minuteforce

i think people are just ... leaving LP because now they seem so ... mainstream-ish and fans don't want to be identified with that or something.

Sub6

Sub6 Member

They are all going to new music so they can "fit in", and well alot of people listen to rap so alot are going to cRap. My friend use to HATE cRap, but now thats all he listens to....

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

rotflmfao. no.

androidkaita

androidkaita Well-Known Member

I used to like cRap. I don't know why, maybe cuz it was what everyone else was listening to until I heard Numb. Then I changed and Im happy I did.

ProEdge

ProEdge Well-Known Member

Uuum, I'm sorry but that's just a ridiculous statement. How can you speak for "half of the world"?? Everyone is into their own thing and sometimes those music interests cross paths. Like I said before, some fans will come and go while others are with the band until the end. If you watched the recent Tattoo Stories with Mike and Chester, they themselves mention those hardcore fans that ink themselves for the band because they're in it for the long haul.

Ronsoni

Ronsoni New Member

i agree with that...especially with the fact that why are you supose to care for who leaves...is more important does who remain...back here in venzuela we've never heard they will come...so? does it means that we (cause there a manyyyy fans)are gonna stop becoming one of them

Ronsoni

Ronsoni New Member

hey also its my first post here....but you know it is not true that linkin park has lost fans....the thing is that we hope they wont lose their style.....welll they may change but not to change their link i dont know the word but you know what tf i mean

HybridRevolution

HybridRevolution Member

I have to admit, that yes i definatly HAVE lost alot of interest in Linkin Park. Not just because of them failing to release an album in so long but simply because my music tastes have changed alot.

There was a time when i was ABSOLUTLEY 100% obsessed with Linkin Park. I came home from school every single day and played thier albums one after the other non-stop. I opened a linkin park fansite, i have so much LP shit i can't fit it in my room!

However these days, it has died down alot. I spend more time listening to stuff that is alot harder, like Atreyu and Norma Jean. I am however still a Linkin Park fan and i will be always and forever.

Regia Xero

Regia Xero New Member

to be fair, my mate has stated that he hates LP now, but he still listens to Reanimation.

Its a very odd album, but it is cool

Sub6

Sub6 Member

How can u HATE LP, and still listen to them? That's like saying; i hate hambergers, then go out and eat them.... Just retarted to me.

minuteforce

see, a lot of you are saying people left LP because they wanted to hear rap; you fail to realise that LP actually do incorporate rap into their music. a lot of you are saying rap is bad in comparison to LP - LP actually do use rap, as they are a rap-rock based band. for the next album, they're improving on that idea and they're using more musical elements that are new to them. people are invariably going to be interested in the next album solely because it will be "the latest thing" and people will be talking about it. and LP have a hell of a lot of shallow fans who know nothing about them (groupies, etc.). i'm sure you've all run into them at some point. they will be interested. ;)

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

As long as the new album doesn't have much of Mike's rapping, I'll still remain a fan. If Mike can't keep his mouth shut for most of the album, then I think they'll have lost me forever. I used to be a fan, but I got away from the whole hip-hop thing a couple years ago, hence why I don't give a damn about Fort Minor and never have or never will listen to TRT.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

This new album will determine my interests in the band forever. If the new album comes out with the same tired song structure and formula, it sounds whiney, and is not creative, they'll lose me forever. I'm already teetering on the edge.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.