Has LP become too electronic for your tastes?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by EastGhost, Aug 6, 2013.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

Not too electronic, but living things to me felt ver inorganic. ATS while electronic was still a very organic album. This has been said in the past and I think it's true that mike's laptop needs to be smashed.

ernieball003

ernieball003 Well-Known Member

Uhh...

Disturbedthoughts

Disturbedthoughts *Twitch*

I'm not sure that too electronic is the way I would describe it, but I would say that the bands music has certainly felt more detached lately. I've seen electronics used in such a way that the human element is clearly still there, and that is what makes music far more compelling to listen to in my opinion. The last two albums have felt far more distant. Whether that is a production thing is a matter of debate but it has certainly caused my enthusiasm to die down. I noticed it a bit with ATS but LT was way, way worse about it. I suppose a good way to describe it would be that everyone went out to dinner together, but they were all on their cell phones the entire time. Hopefully that makes a bit of sense. I'm falling asleep as I type this. :lol:

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I know what you mean, there's always been a bit of detachment for me. I've rarely ever been able to really lose myself in a Linkin Park song

InStereo

InStereo Well-Known Member

I just want them to write another song like "The little Things give you away". Just in terms of structure and emotion, doesn't matter if they use an acoustic guitar or a Fisher-Price keyboard. Living Things was such a boring album, it was just disappointing. Chester once said that until they changed their style all their songs had the same structure and that he's sick of doing that. And he said that he doesn't want to live up to people's expectations during "Meeting of a 1000 Suns".

AND THEN THEY RELEASE LIVING THINGS?

So I just want them to bring back the creativity. They can use whatever instruments, samples or sounds they want. But please, don't take us for fools anymore.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Nah, his new ''Dell Open Labs Computer with brand new Stagelight: Linkin Park Edition software'' is in now.

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

They haven't become too electronic. There's always been an electronic element to Linkin Park, and I love how it evolved to much more than just scratching and samples. I'm interested to see how it will evolve further.

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

As long as the electronic elements sound good and are used in an original way, I don't have a problem with LP taking the electro road.

However, if they went to use electronic elements for the sake of it or simply because that's the trendy thing to do at the moment, then yes, they could become "too electronic" for me. That hasn't been the case for now.

Vdalem

Vdalem Purrfect! LPA Super VIP

Ummmm..................no. I would listen to them even if they play polka music! :popcorn:

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

On that note, pretty much everyone on LPA has said at one point or another that some polka-style Linkin Park songs would be welcome. If they ever decide to give the keyboards a rest, I think that polka is where they should go

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

[​IMG]

GuliaLuna

GuliaLuna Well-Known Member

No I dont think so. Sure, they may haved changed. They are somewhat electronic in their music but not too much. Songs off their new album such as Victimized are not electronic. They still remain the alternative rock genre.

Vdalem

Vdalem Purrfect! LPA Super VIP

*falls out of chair laughing*

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Yeah there's only so much electronic music I can stand. I wish they'd go back to the hard-hitting guitar sound from Hybrid Theory and Meteora. Also, what happened to rapping? It feels like Mike has forgotten how to do it after he put out The Rising Tide.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

Can I point you in the direction of When they come for me and Wretches and Kings.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Isn't that off their techno album? Gross

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

5269558397_64406aeb94_z.jpg

Suffered

Suffered All we need is faith

Not to mention that the techno album lacks guitarz. We need moar guitarz.

EastGhost

EastGhost Banned

So if you're a fan of rock and guitars pushed up front you type like a moron? Is that the stereotype you're placing here? I don't get it. Am I supposed to laugh or something? Ha. Ha. Okay you got that..er..."joke" out there, but moving along...

I thought "Bleed It Out" was better than "Wretches & Kings" in every aspect. While they both have guitars, the non-sampled/non-glitched approach of the music in Bleed It Out gave it a cleaner more enjoyable feel. The lyrics were even better (Mike) too but we're talking sonics in this thread not lyrics. I just feel like they can tone down electronics and still put together an incredible song. Take "In Pieces", "Burning In The Skies", and "What I've Done" for example. These are all great songs that might have tiny electronic elements peppered in somewhere but the sounds that you hear are more genuine and less run through different programs.

ConsUme

ConsUme もちあげてときをはんして

My concern is the fact that they seem to have issues with electric guitars in Living things. I mean how many songs would have been improved with a little guitar (INCLUDING Acoustic Guitars). Most of the album could have had a guitar counter-melody to it and not drowned in the electronics... (I know some of it was the mixers fault).