Have fun with your boring forum.

Discussion in 'Feedback & FAQ' started by Cale., Mar 24, 2008.

Cale.

Cale. Banned

Have fun with your constructive debating thread??

Came on a tad strong probably.

Discussion well under way.

Hello Yahoo Slurp Spider. Enjoying the thread?

Last edited: Mar 24, 2008
    Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

Trying to decide whether to stick my neck out or not right now... :lol:

Daniel

Daniel Run for your life. LPA Super Member

This thread will be closed anyway, so what the hell.

Can I ask possibly what the reason behind the closing of the Picture Duelling thread was? It's not like the Hayley Williams one where it was a guaranteed closure on account of "vulgarity".

Actually, main question is why the Harlz thread was closed. As I said, it's basically similar to the Casey Appreciation thread, yet that isn't closed. I didn't realise the forums were a popularity contest.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2008
    Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

Are you seriously getting worked up about your threads being closed? :lol:

Daniel

It's not the threads themselves, kind of the..."principle", I guess :lol:

Harlz

People have been complaing about this place not being fun anymore, and we feel that threads like that, variety outside of RT, makes it more fun.
    If you miss a discussion, or a joke, in RT, you missed it.
    Creating threads about it lets everyone have a say, have a laugh.

Cale.

Cale. Banned

Yes.

I am throwing all my toys out of the pram.

Daniel

Harlz just said everything I would have wanted to, but with less emotion and immaturity.

Chris.

Well the Picture Dueling thread along with the Hayley Williams thread were breaking forum rules (specifically the keep it clean rule. If it's contained in random thoughts, it probably isnt that big of a deal). The Picture thread kinda got out of hand with the half naked guy having sex with a blow up pig and the poster that said "Suck My Dick".

EDIT: I can't really explain the Harlz thread.

Cale.

Cale. Banned

So pages of discussion on who wants to fuck Hayley Williams goes on in RT.

That's fine.

A Thread?

Blatant breaking of forum rules.

Not really consistant.

Daniel

It could have something to do with the fact it's not so much in "plain sight". But, still. Anyway, the closing of that particular thread isn't really what bothered me.

Chris.

Considering anyone can see "who wants to fuck hayley williams" in the thread title a lot easier than wading through all the pages in Random Thoughts, it probably isn't a big deal in RT as opposed to its own thread.

Cale.

Cale. Banned

Does it matter if anyone see's a thread "Who wants to fuck Hayley Williams?" anyway?

And besides that's not what I care about.

I care about half-entertaining threads being closed on account of "random chat going in random thoughts".

Therefore basically confining an entire forum worth of posts into one thread. Boring.As.Batshit.

Harlz

Basically what I said, just more blunt :lol:

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

There's a difference between pointless and random. I suppose the definition varies for different people.

I can point you to plenty of threads that have been started in RC over the last few days that can be considered random without being pointless:

About yourself by Grey Incubus
    New Study Shows Guys = Classless by OFFA
    The Most Amazing Guitar I've Ever Seen by OFFA
    Stuff White People Like by Dean
    How Much Would It Take by Cale
    Line-Ride by OFFA
    Awareness Test by me.

Not surprisingly, none of these threads have been closed. I can't speak for the Picture Duelling thread because I didn't close that. My assumption is that the pictures were getting too graphic.

You're going to compare those threads to "Who wants to fuck Hayley Williams?" and tell me that thread belongs with the aforementioned?

I never thought that this would be blown out of proportion to such an extent.

Daniel

Well, Cale, you kind of succeeded in your goal of making the forums more entertaining. :lol:

EDIT: Mark, point taken, but as for the Harlz thread, opposed to the Casey thread?

Cale.

Cale. Banned

For the record. I don't give a fuck about Hayley Williams. That thread wasn't even for my benefit.

I'm talking about the fact the Harlz thread was closed. Just a piss poor reason to be honest.

Chris.

For the record, I think both threads should have been closed. It's almost as pointless as a Goodbye thread.

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

If we allowed everyone to have his or her own thread (edit: about them), this forum would be too chaotic.

I personally don't know why Casey got his own thread but then again I no longer have time to patrol the forums 24/7 so I may have missed something. But as far as I am concerned, no one gets that type of special treatment... at least not anymore as this is what we've been asked to crack down on.

I haven't looked through the picture dueling thread but if Sylar's explanation is accurate, I feel it was closed before things could get out of hand. From what I can gather is the idea of that thread was to 1-up the last poster and you can only go so far before breaking the rules.

Cale, if you have a problem with one staff member's decisions, PM them or another staff member. Don't make such a bold and unnecessarily general statement about the rest of LPA because an administrator did something you don't like. If you have a problem, consult the staff personally instead. We DO discuss issues brought to our attention and we discuss them heavily. Believe me. If then you feel we've ignored and continued to deny you some sort of right to post, then allow the rest of the community to chime in, but please allow us to remedy the situation with the least drama possible. The last thing we need is a gateway complaint that takes us right back to where we were with the last feedback thread.

We appreciate that our community is outspoken. But please also have some consideration and approach situations a little more rationally? Thanks. :)

Harlz

Why do any of those deserve their own thread more than the stuff that was closed? They could just as easily be discussed in RT.
    Like the guitar thread, most people would just post the pic and say I like this guitar.
    Not that I had a problem with the thread.