Have You Ever...

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Versamilatude, Dec 6, 2005.

Ether

Ether Well-Known Member

I have had suicidal thoughts and acted upon them, lucky Im here. But I have found reasons to live now. The reason I tried to take my own life are very dark and deep. Something that I do not wish upon anyone else. Im getting help and have found the new friends that mean a heap to me. I have set goals to and hope to reach them no matter how hard I have to work. I would have to say that goals always help.

tremulant

tremulant Well-Known Member

yeah.. aspiring for something gives one purpose

if you dont have a purpose you tend to fall and question your worth

Ether

Ether Well-Known Member

exaclty, even if your goal is to live, its still something to work towards.

Versamilatude

Versamilatude Well-Known Member

It is removed , streched the page. Lol
    MAn that must suck since most of you guys felt like it, couldnt you guys go into threpy , but does it cost alot without insurence.:hmm:

tremulant

tremulant Well-Known Member

I dont think therapy can resolve most cases..

meh.. it was all in my head, there are so many people in this world who have delt with more pain than i will ever see in a lifetime.. I didnt need a therapist to show me how selfish i was and how my state of mind was unhealthy

long story short.. i found love and i learnt who i was and how to change, or atleast, bring out the best in me

LinkinPark890

LinkinPark890 Banned

Yeah.

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

I'll give a straight up answer-yes.

linkin park 101

linkin park 101 Shhh! If You're Quiet I'll Show You A Dinosaur

It's never crossed my mind and never will

rosanna

rosanna Well-Known Member

is that normal? i thought everyone thought about it at least once. i don't know where i heard that, probably some therapist that was trying to convince me that i wasn't crazy.

Evan™

Evan™ HI! I'm Randy, I'm a Bandicoot Über Member

yeah i have it before, it pays a visit now and then...the ironic thing is im scared of death.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Yes, thats normal. It's called keeping a positive outlook on life. If you let everything make you upset, you're going to think about suicide. Barring any psychological disorder such as bipolar, if you look on the bright side of things and learn to live with sad things you can't control, like death, there's no reason you should ever feel suicidal.

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

Considered it a few times when I felt hopeless. I remember at the beginning of this year and sometimes at the end of last year I felt so hopeless, worthless, and easily replaceable.

Messy Marj

Messy Marj LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Yes. Last year I tried too, but someone saw me taking an overload on pills and stopped me. It got better after that.

I think about death alot. I know some people who are worried everytime I talk about it lol. But it's not in a negative way. Sometimes I am SO happy I just want to die. A perfect death.

I know it must sound stupid but, sometimes I feel like I am going to die soon and I don't even care that much. I am not afraid, more curiosity what's after death. I feel like an old person. o.o

rosanna

rosanna Well-Known Member

since i was in 7th grade i was convinced that i wouldn't make it so senior year. i almost didn't. i tried to kill myself in 11th grade.

but i did.

Ether

Ether Well-Known Member

Therapy may helps some but not others.

My friend asked a rather good question the other day. "How do you know that someone is serious about knocking themselves off? How can you tell if they are sincere and not just looking for attention?"

What are your thoughts?

Ronin

Ronin Well-Known Member

I had depression last year in 10th grade, when everything was happening. new friends, school work, martial arts...everything was going. i felt as if i couldnt make it, and that everything i did was horrible. thankfully, medication has changed my life completely. ive felt better than ever, and i love life. sadly, ive noticed my same emotions now that i had last year. they dont smile alot, always tend to talk down on themselves, and is just a dark aura. im trying to free them from this problem, but all has failed...

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

I have been dealing with depression for a very long time now. Probably since I was 11 because that's when things were really really bad in my house. I vowed to never see a therapist because I always thought I could handle my own problems. Well recently some stuff happened and it built up to the point where I didn't want to live anymore. I ended up telling my mom and she recommended I see a therapist. I gave in because I was so sick and tired of the way I was feeling. I saw one and it was alright. It was rather therapeutic in a way. I still am dealing with certain problems and dealing with depression, but it helped me to realize some things for the better.

I always had a problem with the whole "oh she's just saying she wants to kill herself because she wants attention" thing. That's not the case for me. I know for a fact that my parents don't think that. I'm not the type of person who cares for attention. So they know when I say, "I want to kill myself" that I really mean it and there is something wrong. I guess it all depends on the person. If you really know somebody, then you should know if they are saying it for attention or not.

Branden

Branden hey! LPA Super Member

Yes. Early last year, I was really very down, and thought about it constantly.
    This past summer/this year have been great though, so I think I'm pretty much over it.

I'm like Marj though, I think about death a lot. Not that I want to die or anything, but sometimes I kind of want to, just to be able to see what it's like. I mean, if there is an afterlife and it's so great, why not see it? I've also thought a lot about living these next 60 or 70 years, and maybe it not being worth anything in the end. I mean, I'm sure they will be great, but in the end, will they really mean a lot/anything? Will they play any part in what happens after death? I just hope they do. I hope all this time will mean something. I just hope my life matters.

edited for grammar issues.

Ether

Ether Well-Known Member

In my own personal experiences, I have found that the people who dont talk are actually hiding more than those who do. I just got my results back for year 12 and I went really shit. Im ok with it though because it was during my exams that I fell apart and tried to take my own life. Going to see a counsellor soon. Hope it helps, cant take much more.

emyly

emyly freedom can be frightening if you've never felt it

yes,many times....I have periods when it's all I can think of....