Hello everyone!

Discussion in 'Newbie Camp' started by Rhel, Mar 28, 2017.

Rhel

Rhel Member

Hi!
    I just joined up :) I've listened to LP since a friend first played me his Hybrid Theory CD, kinda dropped them after Meteora and am only now finding out about all the awesome music I missed in the meantime!

Sasuke likes this.
    Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

Welcome :)
    And what's your favorite LP album/song?

Rhel

Rhel Member

Oh, tough to say honestly. Hybrid Theory and Meteora would be kind of unfair, since those are so intrinsically linked to my childhood and youth memories and experiences.
    So if I'm just gonna exclude those two since I cant really judge them based on the music alone it's going to have to be A Thousand Suns for favourite album. It's weird and different enough to sound interesting, but it somehow still captures what got me into Linkin Park back during Hybrid Theory in the first place.

Favourite song? I really can't say, but good candidates would be My December, Points Of Authority, Castle Of Glass, The Little Things Give You Away, Waiting For The End, Numb, Bleed It Out, Robot Boy, When They Come For Me, Guilty All The Same...
    Way too many to decide. Even A Light That Never Comes grew on me once I realised it's basically what Hybrid Theory would've been like if LP had started out from a more electronic angle... well and if EDM/Dubstep had been anything resembling popular back then ;)

Sasuke likes this.
    Vdalem

Vdalem Purrfect! LPA Super VIP

*holds out welcome cookie plate* Welcome to the land of dazed and confused! Cookie? :)