Help me plan...

Discussion in 'Random Chat' started by Amy, Dec 6, 2005.

Amy

Amy LPA VIP LPA Über VIP

Next year, I'm travelling. yep. I know it's probably a little early to start planning, but I have pretty much no idea where I want to go. I just want to go, see awesome places, learn stuff, see how different everything is and have fun.

So, this is where you all help me. I'm planning on going to American and Canada, so I need to know where you recommend I should go and why. Please don't be like "COME TO [random place] CAUSE I LIVE HERE!!" I alread know that I'm going to Newfoundland for sure and I'm thinking I want to go to LA cause apparently it's awesome, unless you tell me otherwise.

I'm planning on going sometime between June and October or else I'd freeze to death...

So yeahhhh.. help! Where would you recommend I go/where would you go and whyyyy?

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Don't go to L.A. because you'll probably get shot. :lol:

Theazninvasion68

Theazninvasion68 It's like blood to a vampire, our tragic desire. LPA Super VIP

:lol: Agreed. dont ever go there, only go the suburbs of there.

maybe magic mountain in Santa clarita, our automall is great, and i'd show you around.

AND OH YEA, we have awsome places, like musiems

And disneyland and univeral stuido's. there really fun.

and my 4th edit: dont visit L.A unless you really need to. If you pop a ballon, everyone will hit the Floor lol.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2005
    Anthony.

Anthony. .Orestes LPA Super VIP

Drop by Quebec City, province of Quebec. We're the only fortified city in North America and we were the first (are there any other ones?) North American town to be classified as "World Heritage" by the UNESCO (http://whc.unesco.org/pg.cfm?cid=31&id_site=300). It's a total shift of culture when compared to the United States and parts of Canada but even though we're French speaking you'll be understood without any problem in the touristic parts. There's much to do, restaurants, shopping, historical visits, shows, and each seasons brings a different feeling, a different mood (winter, spring and summer are suggested).

Justin

Justin See you there

Amy

Amy LPA VIP LPA Über VIP

haha, aww I wanna go to LA. but i don't want to get shot or anything.

Where is disneyland again? I think I want to go there.

I've never heard of Quebec City before, but it sounds kinda cool. I'll look around for info on it.

I've heard of Idaho in movies. haha.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

Disneyland is in different places. I believe there is one in Florida. Don't know exactly where, but I think it's Orlando?

I'd say come to Nashville. I wouldn't meet you or anything, but I think Nashville is a decent little city.

Darcy

Darcy LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Casey's right, it's Orlando. There's also one in California somewhere.

Virginia and New Hampshire are both naturally beautiful. You should see Niagra Falls, from the Canada side. It's prettier from that angle. The view from New York is a little harder to see.

Justin

Justin See you there

The Disneyland is in Anaheim, California. It's within a drivable distance from LA. Like you'd want to go there. :lol:

Amanda

Amanda RIP Chester LPA Super VIP

Disneyland is in CA, Disneyworld is in FLA

Darcy

Don't go to Chicago, either. It's the sketchiest place I've ever been in my life. Frightening, really.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

Land, World. What's the difference, they both have fucking Goofy.

CloserToCrawling

CloserToCrawling Ambient

If you want to go to Disneyland, don't come to the one in California. It's located about 30 minutes to 1 hour(depends on traffic) away from Los Angeles, and the park itself is puny and really worthless. Disney World in Orlando, Florida is more worth your money, though I'm not a huge fan of the theme park anyway. We also have Knott's Berry Farm, Six Flags Magic Mountain, and Universal Studios Hollywood Theme Park, but they're not that great. You might consider going to cities in California like Santa Monica, Los Angeles, and Santa Barbara for their shopping centers. Cities like Anaheim, Pasadena, Brea, Fullerton, Diamond Bar, Garden Grove may not exactly be the best vacation spots because the public sanitation isn't at its best, but they have great restaurants there and a lot of cultural experiences, especially if you are into Vietnamese(Garden Grove), Chinese(Diamond Bar), or Korean/Japanese.

You are not going to get shot if you go to L.A. unless you stop by the really unruly cities like Compton. Most of the cities in Orange County(i.e. Anaheim, Pasadena, etc) are complex cities, which means that they have both the poorer provincial areas and the rather wealthy areas. But either way, your chances of having your life sacrificed is fairly small.

Ok, I'll stop sounding like a tour guide.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2005
    Theazninvasion68

Theazninvasion68 It's like blood to a vampire, our tragic desire. LPA Super VIP

:lol: dont go, the parking is closer might as well be free...or least free tax

Florida sounds good too.

but L.A is awsome, just dont go to a gang area around 2Am and 5AM

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Come to Pennsylvania :p. Depending on where you stay we have really nice forestland, lakes and comfy areas.

Also because I live here, but I'm not supposed to say that :p.

rosanna

rosanna Well-Known Member

don't come to maryland. it is boring. i live there. baltimore is #2 on the top 10 most dangerous US cities.

go to NYC. love it. it is my favorite place to be. no matter what season, what weather, what you go to do, it is the best. without fail.

Amy

Amy LPA VIP LPA Über VIP

Hahaha..

Thanks everyone. I made a list of all the places you said and I'm slowing looking into them and stuff... Yep. If you think of more places, let me know.

I kind of wanted to go to Maryland.. cause I have a mate there that used to live here. So, I was going to see him, but I'm not sure really...
    People have been telling me not to go to NYC but I'm not sure.. what stuff is there that's good?

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

NYC is very nice but yeah, there's crime there too.

Thing is, if you stay at Maryland for a few months, you can come visit PA! :D

Darcy

NYC is kind of overwhelming and huge. I don't like it very much. You should go to Boston. It's like NYC but smaller and less dangerous. It's also prettier. The views are absolutely beautiful. Boston is my favorite place in the world.

EDIT: If you do go to Boston, visit the Museum of Art and The Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum (another art museum). The Museum of Science is awesome too. There is also a very large aquarium.

Also, eat chowder. Boston has great seafood.

Omar

Omar Administrator LPA Super Member

Not true Derek, as crime in NYC has been declining rapidly in the last few years. It's just these awful NBC Law & Order shows that trigger people to think so.

In fact, there were more homicides in Dallas than in NY last year.

Amy: For a nice place to visit, I'd recommend a city such as Chicago, Boston or NY, however, not LA as it is a bit too congested.