Henry Cavill to be new Superman

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by iNuBBiN, Jan 31, 2011.

iNuBBiN

iNuBBiN Well-Known Member

Source: http://movies.yahoo.com/news/usmovi...m/henry-cavill-cast-superman-zack-snyder-film

Well I'm disappointed. I really thought DC was gonna reboot superman and have him as a teenager in the new movie, with a gritty, dark side everyone was talking about. I also really was wishing for Tom Welling. I have watched Smallville for about 7-8 years and I see Welling as Superman and so do millions of others that love the show. I also really liked Routh as the last Superman. I thought he fit really well, it also makes me mad when movies switch actors

Thoughts........

Last edited: Jan 31, 2011
    Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I thought Routh was good for the role. Shame.

travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

There's a dark side to the Superman comics?

This film will look amazing, there's no doubt about that. Hopefully it packs a punch in the storyline, too.

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

I'm just hoping that this will be better than Superman Returns. I didn't like that one at all.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

[​IMG]
    I can dream...

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

I don't know why people were rooting for Tom Welling to get the role. This movie isn't a spin-off of Smallville, it's a completely fresh take on the character.

I'm really excited to see this, especially because of Nolan's involvement as writer and producer. Also, I think Zack Synder is competent enough to make something fun out of this.

The photoshops look great btw...

[thumb]http://images.getnoseman.multiply.com/image/1/photos/4/600x600/20/Cavill-supes1.jpg?et=q6GiHmZYquR%2BoMHEY5foBg&nmid=321644666[/thumb]

[thumb]http://bitcast-a-sm.bitgravity.com/slashfilm/wp/wp-content/images/ZZ2180AD3A.jpg[/thumb]

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

I don't like Smallville so I'm glad that it's nothing to do with that at least.

iNuBBiN

haha those pictures actually look good, guess the beard threw me off. I just hope he can capture the personality Clark has

MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

I hated what I heard about Superman Returns so much, I didn't even bother. Or maybe I did and didn't remember. Either way, to my understanding it still is a reboot - they just didn't want to go the Spider-Man direction with the whole teenage thing, clearly. As for replacing the actor, I don't know of many reboots with the same actor...but I'm not claiming I've seen every film ever made :lol:

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

I dunno. I really enjoyed superman returns. Guess I'm the only one.

iNuBBiN

I wish they would do something like spiderman, Maybe have him in the early 20's. I just hope they dont have him in the first movie as some perfect hero that always does the right thing as if he was born to be superman. I wanna see him young and see the struggles he had to become superman. I pretty much wanna see a story of him knowing he had these powers but doesnt really wanna have them and see that big moment in which he decides to become superman. Thats why I like smallville because it didnt have him just as a perfect hero. He had lots of flaws and showed why he is the way he is

travz21

So watch Smallville if that's what you want.

iNuBBiN

i would want a more grown up one but yeah, i mean thats why i love it so much ahahhahahahahha

Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

The only reason why I didn't like Superman returns was because it involved a much later storyline about superman and that just wasn't exciting anymore.

Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

I didn't like SR for the general blandness throughtout the entire thing. Continuing a story and world that's 20 years out of date? Another property scam from Lex [again].

Snyder/Nolan/Goyer seem to be bringing Supes into the modern era, which is what should have been done for SR.

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

Amy Adams has been casted as Lois Lane. Also, Kevin Costner and Diane Lane are playing Clark Kent's foster parents.

[thumb]http://static.reelmovienews.com/images/gallery/amy-adams-in-the-fighter.png[/thumb]

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

tits.

travz21

I've always liked her. I also like tits.