Hm.

Discussion in 'Feedback & FAQ' started by $pvcxGhxztCasey, Aug 5, 2010.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

I think we need a general all-purpose "funny/random" YouTube videos thread in Random Chat. Unless everyone likes the clutter of five or so different threads with like, 2 replies and hardly any views.

Games get their own threads for a reason, but just posting videos shouldn't. One big massive thread with videos like that isn't a bad idea, I think.

I mean, if you're going to link to funny YouTube videos, atleast link to Double Rainbow, or Bed Intruder. But, anyways.

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

well.... you could always set one up you know ;)

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

That very idea has been tried twice, once by me and once by Joseph sadly people don't keep to that thread :/.

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

I'll go with an reason as to why.. People fear that their video will get lost in a sea of pages and that it may be overlooked, ignored. The reason argument I made about my heath threads.

I've proven to you that it works on other forums. Most people do not want to keep looking back in pages in one thread to find something they're interested in and it works much better when there is an actual subforum so people can create their own topics. I've seen it work many times while in compariso I've seen these "All for One" type threads fail again, and again, and again.

Just my two cents.

Gloomy Mushroom

Gloomy Mushroom Absolute Zero LPA Super VIP

Was about to say that :)

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

Make it a rule. All purpose threads do work on other boards, you just have to enforce it.

Hell, if we had more All-Purpose threads in a forum, you could sticky them so they'd never fall down the page and be forgotten. "All-Encompassing YouTube/Viral Videos thread", etc.

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

Try it. If it fails then it fails, if it works then you have yourself the thread you want. :D
    Can't hurt.

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

I HATE all purpose threads. Think about what would happen if Serious Chat, or other sub-forums were All purpose, they'd never even get half the activity because no one would want to dig through pages to read something they may have missed.

But that's just my opinion.