Honestly, should LP have added No Roads Left and QWERTY on MTM?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by DisturbedOne98, May 23, 2007.

DisturbedOne98

DisturbedOne98 Well-Known Member

I think these songs should have been on the album, but they should of mastered QWERTY with scratching from Hahn. I honestly believe these tracks would of made this album a 10/10 or even 11/10. No Roads Left could of easily replaced In Between though. Your thoughts?

elie

elie Well-Known Member

yeah, i definitely think that would have been the perfect blend of songs and taken the album from great, to the level of "dialed-downness" of their previous albums

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

No Roads Left yes, QWERTY no. QWERTY sounds like it'd be right at home on Hybrid Theory or Meteora, the best I can see it deserving is a bonus track, but it was on the LPU6 CD already so no need for it to be a b-side now.

No Roads Left probably didn't make the album because there is NO Chester whatsoever in it. At least on In Between, Chester sings harmonies. Agree with it or not, most people see Chester as the frontman of Linkin Park, so there would be a lot more backlash from the general public if there was a song without Chester than if there were songs without Mike participating vocally. It's probably a similar reason to why High Voltage didn't make Hybrid Theory.

Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

We can assume Chester plays guitar on No Roads Left though, can't we?

And yea, I agree with Tasta on QWERTY

elie

elie Well-Known Member

haha fans won't rebel or backlash if Chester doesn't perform on a track...i mean Wake made the cut, i don't see picket signs up just yet

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

Wake is the album intro.. its a different kettle of fish

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

I agree that No Roads Left should have been on the album but QWERTY would be misplacent on the album because of its classic LP sound compared to the new sound.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I doubt it, there's footage of the band playing No Roads Left live in the studio on the DVD and the only people I see playing guitars are Brad and Phoenix. There are 2 guitar parts, yes, but I'm assuming they were either both recorded by Brad or one by Brad and one by Mike.

thesungoesdown

thesungoesdown It's like I'm paranoid..

For those who say qwerty shouldn't have been on the album because it sounds like a HT/Meteora song then how do you explain given up and bleed it out being on the album? Those 2 songs in terms of mechanics and subject matter ( well not mike's verses in bleed it out) are similar to HT and Meteora. Qwerty was just as stripped down as raw as given up and bleed it out. They should have worked on it more and perfected it, it would have satisifed the fans who were craving more heavy songs by bringing more balance on the album, plus it would have been a treat for fans. 11 official songs on an album after 4 years is too short...

Gitsnik

Gitsnik WAAAGH!!! Über Member

No Roads Left could for sure have replaced In Between and QWERTY would have been a nice old school LP song :p
    Do they play QWERTY in live?

Version One

Version One Well-Known Member

nrl yes. qwerty no.

Zakrisk

Zakrisk Smoke weed.

No Roads Left should have made the album, in my opinion. I don't think there would have been any backlash. Chester is hardly obvious in In Between. That IS Mike's solo track. It sounds terrible to me. They could have at least added No Roads Left somewhere to make it a longer album.

I really don't think that, with a changing sound, the band would have minded if Mike was singing an entire song alone. You'd think that would be encouraged. I initially thought that it would be just too hard for Mike to do live compared to In Between, and that he didn't want to feel pressured to do it, and could always fall back on the fact that No Roads Left was just a b-side so there will be no live version of it.

QWERTY is a definite no. It has a different sound than the entire album. It's a song that you think they'd make if they were going to make Hybrid Theory Part 3 but were wanting to change it up only slightly. That's what I get from it anyway. It would have been bad on the album, in my opinion.

Last edited: May 23, 2007
    Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

I dont understand why there would be backlash from NRL. Chester could easily play the guitar when they eventually play it live. If anything I think the fans will prase him for it! Certainly I was when Chester played the guitar to "It's Goin' Down". I think he should do that alot more. He might have to when they play "The little things" live.

Enjoiske

Enjoiske Well-Known Member

it'd be sweet to see mike playing guitar and singing vocals on nrl live. Chester would be cool too. The way the band switches it's dynamic is so impressive. However i dont think either belong on an album. Nrl as ive said before really just sounds incomplete to me (but still awesome) and qwerty was really only cool as a live track- which im hoping they play again some time.

CHW42

CHW42 Well-Known Member

No Roads Left should of been on the CD, but QWERTY is a very borderline song. It's too heavy and Mike raps it like he did on the previous albums. Although MTM does have heavy tracks none of them involve rapping besides Bleed it Out. QWERTY and Bleed it Out are two different animals though. So the song would have never fitted in with the rest of the CD. I think it should have been a bonus track. I wonder what the other 4 unreleased tracks sounded like....

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

As far as No Roads Left is concerned, I think that should have been on the album, even with In Between. Even though In Between is my least favorite track on the album, it belong there. I think if both of those tracks were on the album, Mike's place would have been more known. Bleed It Out and Hands Held High don't seem like enough. There needs to be some more of Mike, and No Roads Left would have been a great way to put him in there.

As far as QWERTY is concerned, that's iffy. It's a tough song. It doesn't seem fitting with the record. It would have been better as a bonus track, rather than an actual track on the record. QWERTY is too metal for this album and way too much like Hybrid Theory / Meteora. If anything, QWERTY was a track that should have gone onto Meteora. But, it wasn't made back then, so it went onto the Linkin Park Underground 6.0 Disc.

I love QWERTY, don't get me wrong, but it just wouldn't fit on Minutes to Midnight. I think, though, that No Roads Left would have and it would have made Mike a more noticeable part of this record.

DisturbedOne98

DisturbedOne98 Well-Known Member

Great points guys! I think QWERTY could of worked well if it was mastered though. It would a been a cool album opener after Wake much like Given Up, but if this was the case, Given Up could of been used later on throughout the album. LP probably didn't do this cause the meanings of each song wouldn't flow. Nontheless, I've been trying to rearrange some of the tracks and added both NRL and QWERTY and I think it works well.

fallsogracefully

fallsogracefully Member

No Roads Left could have gone between In Pieces and Little Things and it would have worked flawlessly and, in my opinion, made the album complete.

QWERTY on the other hand just isn't the same style as the rest of the album.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

ay, mike sings lead vox on "no roads left", yeah? or is that just on the DVD? i couldn't get the SE, i just want to know ...

BeneathYourSkin

BeneathYourSkin Well-Known Member

Yeah, Mike sings lead on it and there is no Chester at all present in the song. Go search the internet, you'll find it somewhere.