Hoobastank

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by PauletteEMLPGC, Aug 29, 2003.

PauletteEMLPGC

PauletteEMLPGC Super Member LPA Super Member

From the Hoobastank website:

Island Recording artists Hoobastank were forced to cancel a number of dates today due to a motorbike accident in Myrtle Beach, SC involving guitarist Dan Estrin. "We were riding these little mini-motorbikes around the parking lot, and Dan drove into a dark roped-off area by the buses", said vocalist Doug Robb. "The rope caught him in the chest and he fell and hit his head pretty hard on the ground." What seemed like a simple injury resulted in a small fracture in his skull which caused a blood clot that was pushing against his brain near his left temple. Fortunately, it was a simple surgical procedure in which the clot was removed. Estrin is currently in serious but stable condition and he should fully recuperate in a few days.

A string of live dates have been canceled starting with tonight's show in Charlotte, NC and ending in Memphis, TN on September 2nd and the band will resume their tour with labelmates Die Trying and Letter Kills on September 4th in Camp Lejeune, NC.

"The only thing on my mind right now is for Dan to get healthy and back on his feet"said Robb. "I just ask all our fans to send their best wishes and thoughts Dan's way. He's going to be all right, and we promise that we'll make it up to our fans soon in these cities, but right now, I just want Dan to get healthy and back on his feet."

Hoobastank are gearing up for the follow-up to their platinum self-titled debut, which will be released on Island Records on December 2, 2003. Spawning two hit singles, "Running Away"and the smash "Crawling in the Dark"Hoobastank established the band as heavy-hitters in the modern rock arena. The first single from the as-yet-untitled follow-up will be "Out of Control"which is set to impact radio on October 6, 2003. The album was produced by Howard Benson (P.O.D., Blindside) and mixed by Chris Lord-Alge (Foo Fighters, Green Day).

Chris just called me to make sure I'd post some info from the band for you guys.

We were all riding those mini little bikes, like the clown ones almost, around by the buses. Dan was riding in front, I was his side and Doug behind him. We saw one rope but couldn't see another since it was so dark. I went left but Dan went straight. I didn't see it, just heard the noise, Doug was right there and saw it.

Dan was still a little drugged up at the hospital but was coherent and still making jokes. We will know more tomorrow.

Anyways, we are really sorry about the dates we had to cancel, like Doug said we will make sure to make it up to you all. Thanks for understanding.

Chris

ok worse news.

looks like we're going to have to cut the whole tour. sorry everyone

the band will post an update as soon as they can

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

That sucks. I really hope Dan gets better! Such an unfortunate accident.

Can't wait for new material.

Magick

Magick Ambient

Yeah, I read that this morning.. That's a shame and I hope Dan gets better soon.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Guess Hoobastank is caught against the ropes now, eh?

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

Poor guy...that's horrible. I love this band. :( At least he's gonna be fine.

cLosErtOthEedgE

cLosErtOthEedgE Active Member

yeh. thats really bad :wth:

i only just started liking them. they're really kool though ^_^