How much damage (if any) did this album do?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Chris loves LP, Jun 10, 2017.

1. Dannyc

Dannyc Well-Known Member

Many People arent happy with this album, and LP knows that, hence why Mike said "If the fans dont like it, we can say we did just for our creative hunger" or something near those lines. OML has to be the worst and weakest album by them, i think the next album they will try and bring all of the fan base back in again

2. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

See, what he really said was that, if the fans aren't going to support the new material, the band will give up on anything except being true to themselves and making whatever they want ... instead of trying, and failing, to satisfy a bunch of fickle ~rock~ fans who don't care about their creativity at all.

Avo and Halfway Dwight like this.
  3. Dannyc

Dannyc Well-Known Member

creativity is hurting this band really bad and making them more and more irrelevant. Im not saying creativity is bad im all for being creative but Other bands and artist become creativity and do alright. But when this band does something that doesnt happen have the "LP sound" to anything creative that their doing everyone loses their minds, there is backlash, and lots of fans wind up walking away, and in the end that risk they are taking is killing the band slowly

4. Virgocore

Virgocore Well-Known Member

I thought Hybrid Theory, Meteora and Minutes To Midnight were creative as fuck. I also thought Reanimation and Collision Course were as well. Creativity to some fans means anything outside of nu-metal. It's funny, because the band has said many times that they never saw themselves as nu-metal, even in the Hybrid Theory days, and that they always loved experimenting with different kinds of music. Minutes To Midnight is also 100% not nu-metal, but that's besides the point. The band experimented with rock, metal, hip-hop and electronic music on Hybrid Theory and Meteora, as well as other projects from that time. You can clearly see it in their Xero and Hybrid Theory (band) music as well. Now, I'm not saying A Thousand Suns and the albums after aren't creative, but just because something isn't nu-metal, doesn't make it creative. You could literally only make metal music and still be creative, since there are many genres within metal and being creative isn't just about genre, it can be with lyrics, song structures, etc.