How was your first Linkin Park concert?

Discussion in 'On Stage' started by wolf95, Jun 18, 2012.

wolf95

wolf95 In love with "Lost in the Echo"

hey guys, I just felt like it might be interesting talking about the experience of the first LP show of each of us. For a real fan i guess it's a special moment to see our idols for the first time...

OK, so my first Linkin Park concert was on may 26, in Rock in Rio Lisboa - Portugal. I waited for 3 years for this concert until they finally came back to Portugal. Time passed really fast since the day that they've been announced (in February) until the day of the concert, and now almost a month has passed, it's crazy and I can't believe the big day it's already long gone!
    I got there at 9AM, 13 hours before the concert, I couldn't miss the first row, I had it all planed months before and luckily i got to the front (and I'm not very good at running!) :p. I can't describe the feeling of being in the first row, but the first goal was sucessfully achieved. The first concert of the night was Limp Bizkit (became a fan since then, good sign I guess...), followed by The offspring (meh...), and finally... LP! It was so much going on at the same time that It was difficult to perceive everything while trying to not be smashed by the crowd or trampled in the head by a crowd surfer. And probably I've been hit in the head because I have amnesia of that concert, I mean, it was the fastest hour and a half of my life and I don't have a clear image in my mind of having THEM in front of me, I barely remember having Chester in the stage right in front of me in, but can't remember Mike. (I guess someone stole my memories :leo:) And unfortunately none of then passed close to me. This guy > :cocainefan: < had more luck (yes, he's from this show) xD
    I feel a little guily for not having a very clear memory from that night, and wonder if I'm the only one (no, I wasn't drunk). At least I have the live stream recorded that ensures me I've really been there and I can clearly say it was the best day of my life! Watch the full concert stream here

What about your experiences ?

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

Wouldn't know, they canceled my show. :trollface:

wolf95

wolf95 In love with "Lost in the Echo"

Doesn't sound very funny having the show canceled. So you haven't been to any yet ?
    But at least you guys there in the US have lots of concerts, here it's just one, every few years...

Last edited: Jun 18, 2012
    AThousandSuns

AThousandSuns Member

Depends on what you consider to be my first Linkin Park show. I attended Live 8 in Philadelphia in 2005 before I was really into them when they brought Jay-Z around. However, my first actual Linkin Park show was January 31, 2011 at the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia and it was pretty incredible. My next show will be at the Honda Civic Tour in Camden on August 17.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

I was never on a LP show. :(

But I'm still begging LP to come to Croatia or even Italy, I'll go.

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

:ditto:

mastae

mastae Some Honky

First concert was in 2007 at the Excel Center in Minneapolis. Was first in line at the LPU Meet and Greet (although I can no longer afford to be in the LPU :( ). Show was fucking fantastic.

Blake

Has anyone here been to a bunch of LP concerts, like how Geki has been to a ton of LP, DBS and FM concerts?

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

My first Linkin Park concert was in 2001 at Ozzfest. Was pretty awesome and a highlight of the day, even though the people I went with weren't that into seeing Linkin Park.

[youtube]vzcQYHgFRL8[/youtube]

Blake

^Just watched APFMH from that. They have always been amazing live and that was an awesome performance. They kill it live a lot!

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Hell yes! I was actually surprised that my brother didn't put me down for enjoying the set that much. He is still a big metalhead to this day. Same goes with everyone in the group that was there. Except for me. I still enjoy it, but I have seen there is more out there.:awesome:

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

February 26, 2011 best day of my life. I worked the MFR booth and they put us in fucking pit. God it was incredible.

Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

11/9/10 birmingham it was amazing.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2012
    TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

For some reason second time was better that the first time... I saw them for the first time in 2008 and I was excited to see them in person and all, but I got bored halfway thru. The second time I've saw them was during ATS tour, and it was one of the best concerts of my life... and at the end Rob threw me his drum stick :)

Filip

In 2010 I went to London on a trip. When I came back home I saw the dates for the ATS tour, and LP played like 3 blocks away from my hotel 2 nights in a row.

I wanted to fucking kill myself...

TheZlajaZlo

They were also at Novarock this year (and last), and that's not far from Croatia (I think).

Filip

Getting from Croatia to Austria is very hard when you're 14.. :D

Are you from Croatia or Serbia? On which concerts were you?

TheZlajaZlo

It makes sense now why you couldn't go... don't worry, you'll see them eventually.

I'm from Serbia, but I've been studying in Slovakia since 2008, so I was able to see them in Czech Republic (2008) and in Austria (2010)...

November 9 2010 - LG Arena Birmingham

Filip

Again, it's hard getting to a foreign country when you're 14. :D

And, I started listening to them when I was 9, and this year is going to be first time ever to see a big band live. RHCP.