How well will it do?

Discussion in 'Side Projects' started by JJ, Jun 11, 2005.

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

i was reading over some of the topics in this part of the site and i noticed that a lot of you seemed to like the idea that mike is going to release a solo album. but then i started to think that most of the people on here will say they are for it anyway, because its related to linkin park.

i was wondering how you think it will do in the charts once its released? i know you cant make a calculated guess right now, (well really until its released) but i just want to hear what you guys have to say on the matter. will hip hop, and rap fans pick up on it?

i think it will depend on how it is marketed, if it gets a lot of attention before its release then i think it will do okay. hit me back with you ideas..... JJ87

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

I think it will do considerably well. There are a lot of featured artists on the album so it's going to be hard not to pick up on it, as fans from across the board will know about it. I think it also depends on how it's marketed, if it's marketed as underground, then maybe it won't be a commercial success, but if MTV get a hold of it and milk the album for everything it's got, then there's no doubt in my mind that it will be a hit.

I also think the album will be recognised by hip-hop & rap fans alike as the artist featured in Fort Minor are all pretty well established in one scene or another. I believe that the album will probably be a little bit more respected as Mike hasn't gone to the hottest thing right now, instead he's gone for talent and people who he's like to work with, so i think people wll appreciate that aspect of the album.

Just look at Collision Course, that's gone platinum, obviously that's entirely different but it's the closest comparison we can make as it features both Linkin Park & Jay Z, and if people pick up on Jay Z's involvement with "The Rising Tied" then maybe it will get that extra boost it needs to get it noticed. That's the great thing about Fort Minor, it has artists from all sorts of styles and backrounds, from different scenes and genres. You have the mainstream aspect with Jay Z & Mike, and the underground aspect with most of the other artist featured on the album.

I personally think it will do well. One, because it involves the names it does and Two, because i belive in Mikes music and believe that he won't let everyone down. Fort Minor is going to be nothing short of a great achievement, commercially & musicaly.

JJ

i certainly hope so - i cant wait for its release

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

If "Remember The Name" is the summer hit I predict it will be, then it'll sell about 250,000 in the first week.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

Everything that Raj said.

RX8LP

RX8LP Well-Known Member

hip hop/rap fans have already picked up on this.

JJ

thats all i wanted to know really. iam not clued up with hip hop/rap music and i was wondering if they have heard about it.... cheers for the info ^_^

Evan™

Evan™ HI! I'm Randy, I'm a Bandicoot Über Member

i got a gut feeling it will explode in teh market like when Lp first released Hybrid Theory!

Ant

Ant Ambient

I think it'll be in the top 5 for sure... as for #1, we'll have to wait and see. I don't know if people know about the album yet, too... but I think it'll do well.

Theazninvasion68

Theazninvasion68 It's like blood to a vampire, our tragic desire. LPA Super VIP

There's no doubt there will be sellout in stores with in a week or 2. But since there are lots of featured artists,t so all the fan message boards should have it, or at least a post about it.

If mtv finds out then..... It's gonna be a big it, no questions.Ok,IMO.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Hip-Hop fans will pick up on it, for sure. There are many guest artists, and many rap mags have talked about the advance that they got (5 songs) and how well Shinoda can flow.

Furthermore, after Reanimation, word got around about Mike's production skills. That album became a sort of underground hit in the hip-hop world.

I think it'll be recieved well in general. Most LP fans won't like it (most LP fans are teenies), but a lot of respect will be received by Shinoda in the end.

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

I never really understood these posts. What's the point in asking people how well something will do, when the album hasn't been released and no matter what people will say, it wont change the sailes or popularity of the album. Just a question though, not being the usual asshole that I am :)

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Because it's nice to voice our opinions on how well we believe it will do? Speculation can be fun. Especially if it turns out to be correct.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

It will be in the Top 5 on the charts, but I don't think it will crack the Top 2, personally.

If it does reach #1, it will only stay there for maybe a week.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

Most likely.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

I think that in the UK it will enter the charts in the top 5 and after a couple of weeks it'll linger in the top 20 for a month or two.

Dart

Dart Well-Known Member

it'll do good,but i don't know about the #1 position on the charts-that is maybe a bit too optimistic.

Cale.

Cale. Banned

if it hits #1 it will probably be a dead week on the charts like when Out of Exile got #1 with 250,000 copies compared to Coldplays 800,000 a week or so later.

Geki

Geki >.

I'll but the album. I like Mike's hop and it sounds like it will be pretty good. It will also give me a new album to listen to since System of a Down and Linkin Park aren't going to release a new album anytime soon. I'm going to go buy it instead of burn it to support Mike! I wonder if people that aren't even fans of LP will buy it since it's hop and ghetto people like hop.

LigerZeroShneider

LigerZeroShneider Well-Known Member

I think it will do very well, because it's hip-hop, and people who listen to hip-hop will get the album. Alot of Jay-Z fans I predict will get it. Why? Because I believe that Collision Course got Jay-Z fans into LP, and with Mike doing a hip-hop album they will more likely to pick up TRT.