How will you listen to the album next week?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by minuteforce, May 14, 2017.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

#OneMoreWeek to go - share the detailed plans you've made for your personal "One More Light" listen-through!

For the last two LP albums, I used living room sound systems but I'm gonna be using headphones this time. I'm gonna buy the CD after my shift on Friday and put it on when I get home.

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

Since our local Warner Bros. doesn't manufacture CDs anymore (BOOO!!), I'll be sitting here in front of my laptop listening on Spotify. :lol: :shrug:

minuteforce likes this.
    Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

I'm not gonna listen to the leak this time :p
    Deezer for me.

The Joesen One

Out of curiosity, what's the difference between Deezer and Spotify? :lol:

Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

Spotify don't work in my region/country :timothy:

The Joesen One

Hahaha, I remember when Spotify came out in my country a few years ago (2014 to be exact) and it was the biggest thing because a lot of us don't need to pirate songs anymore. And I can listen to songs online without needing to buy CDs. :lol:

viktorignatov77

viktorignatov77 Well-Known Member

I will go outside, sit on a bench, maybe smoke a ciggarette(don't judge me pls), and listen to the whole album twice with my headphones on.
    Edit: On Spotify

freddurst

freddurst I DID IT ALL FOR THE NOOKIE

I'm going to listen to it by putting the volume on mute and listen to Papa Roach instead.

YEAH P.ROACH FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!

brady and Ben like this.
    Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

I'll either be listening to the CD or digital download, the CD comes with one. It depends on whether or not the CD actually arrives on Friday or after it. I'm not a speaker kind of person, always headphones if I have the option. I like all outside noise to be blocked out when I listen to an album for the first time.

Someday I'd like to get a setup to play vinyl, I'd like to play some of my favorite music acts that way and I love the big artwork.

Noosh

Noosh Well-Known Member

Got the CD coming by pre-order so hopefully if it gets to me in the morning I'll listen through it twice. Quite excited because I've only heard 3 of the 10 tracks proper so it'll be a fresh experience.

Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

Buy it from Target, put it on my ITunes and download it to my IPOD. Jump on my bike and hit play. Enjoy the ride.

Elisa

Elisa Member

I have a tradition of listening in my car, driving some twisty country routes. Had to pull over when I listened to A Thousand Suns for the first time since I started crying too hard to drive, lol.

deftonesfan867 likes this.
    brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Right at midnight, with my headphones hooked up to the hi-fi quad DAC on my phone lol. This will be a first listen for 8/10 songs. I've only listened to Heavy and Battle Symphony, and I'm avoiding the other released, live, and leaked songs until Friday.

deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

Via my S6 with my SONY OTE headphones. Then in the car.

tripleh3lix

tripleh3lix Well-Known Member

Haven't listened to Invisible yet. I've heard OML and parts of TTM live. Most likely in my room, with my pair of wired Bose noise canceling headphones jacked into my phone. My CD isn't going to come for a while (I ordered late on WB) so if a leak happens I'm down for it if it's good enough quality.

If I'm surprised early, it's going straight into my CD player and listening to it old school.

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

I will go to the City, buy the Cd, go home and listen to it on my sound system.

IronDust71

IronDust71 Well-Known Member

Gonna buy CD and Vinyl at my local Fnac store and listen to the CD on my PC when home. Then, the evening when back at my mom's house, I'll listen to the vinyl! :lol:

Foreshadowed_LP

Foreshadowed_LP Well-Known Member

Well, as is tradition with me I have pre-ordered 2 copies of the album, the "Just Give Me Everything" Deluxe Boxset from Linkin Park Eurostore, which I'm hoping will arrive on release day (or early). I've also ordered the standard CD version from Amazon, which is down to arrive on Friday but Amazon are usually good and tend to post items a day or so early.

My plan for Friday however is to first hear One More Light on my stereo at full blast from start to finish. Any track that stands out the most will then be replayed and I will then import the album onto my iPod. After a few more listens on my stereo I will then listen to it on my iPod using my Philips SHE8000/10 In-Ear Headphones (these have a very good bass sound so looking forward to hearing the clear sound/production/effects from this album, perfect for the pop genre).

I will also plan to write up a review on Friday of my overall thoughts and rating on the album. It'll be interesting to see where it ranks as Hybrid Theory and A Thousand Suns are still my top 2 with The Hunting Party closely behind in 3rd.

Not long now... yay!

Noosh likes this.
    LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

Hopefully at home without any disturbances.
    It'll be the weekend here, so I should be able to pull it off without many issues.

@LP2K12

@LP2K12 Est. 2K12

Avoiding any leaks and not even going to listen to the CD. Waiting for my vinyl to arrive so my first listen can be with that.