"I don't want to make things up ever cause it's wrong"

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Jesse, Aug 3, 2009.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Chill Amanda. You're flipping out over something that has already been rectified.

Andrea wrote a post that in hindsight was not worded the best, but she has since retracted some of her claims and reworded her previous statements to show that she did not mean her post to be interpreted the way that it was.

Considering this, it is time for you to drop it and leave it alone. What's done is done and that's where its going to end.

Amanda.

Amanda. Well-Known Member

My last post wasn't directed towards anyone in particular. Just a statement.

Tom

Tom LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

When you see things like this is does make you question about Law Enforcement in general, however over here in England I have the utmost respect for the police, I personally have to deal with them most nights I'm at work because of people being drunk and disorderly and they come through absolutely everytime, 3am and they are within scene in about 3 minutes without fail. I have a great deal amount of respect and trust in my law enforcement in the UK, without them, things would break down so it really narks me off when people are all like 'fight the man' etc because ultimately, the law enforcement does more good than bad. I have even concidered joining the police force myself and probably will.

Also, I think this is a good topic, rarely do I post in Serious Chat. :lol:

Christopher

Christopher Über Member Über Member

Honestly, I couldn't possibly be a cop. I wouldn't be able to handle the pressure, the violence. They deal with the things in life you generally want to avoid dealing with, on a daily basis.

I'm grateful there are people who do want to be policemen and women. Though, I do think there's a lot of room for improvement. I don't agree with how the higher ranked cops work.

Stories about corruption, etc are pretty common, I don't know how much of it is fiction, but I do believe it's there.
    I don't believe you can forcefully bannish crime from society, that includes the law enforcement itself.

Amanda.

Amanda. Well-Known Member

Corruption is really scary when it comes to the police force.

During my studies, I did a lot of research on corruption within police departments and how it really is a downward spiral. It's like the ultimate peer pressure when you are only a beat officer and your captain along with all of your superiors are urging you to act a certain way. Fortunately, it doesn't happen like that very often.

It usually starts with taking free perks, like meals and coffee. From there, it goes to taking things from crime scenes. They really emphasized how these little things (well, at least the free meals and coffee) can lead to worse things.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Yeah, for the most part I can respect police here. I wanted to join for a period when I was younger, then I got soft haha.