"I Haz Kick Ass Review" - My ATS Review from the LA Listening Event

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by m3te0ra m4n, Aug 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    m3te0ra m4n

m3te0ra m4n Well-Known Member

If you're going to cross post this , give me credit.

http://thelivemonty.blogspot.com/2010/08/thousand-suns.html

FIRST: When you hear the CD, listen to it all the way through, and make sure it's loud. Trust me. It's better.
    SECOND: Here's what other people thought: Everyone accepted that it was a different approach. A lot of people made the connection though that some songs have those "old" and "hardcore" Hybrid Theory elements to them. A lot of people said it reminded them of that. On the other hand, the head of WB records said he noticed the CD was more of a "pushing the envelope" record instead of stepping back and incorporating old elements.
    THIRD: Please play this CD loud.
    FOURTH: Some of the songs we heard twice: Waiting for the End. Blackout. Wretches and Kings. Wisdom, Justice, and Love, Iridescent, The Requiem, The Radiance, Burning in the Skies.

1. The Requiem - This song is funny because it's actually Mike singing. I'm not saying what he sounds like, but when you hear it and think "Mike Shinoda" you can't help but laugh.
    2. The Radiance - Interlude, kind of meh.
    3. Burning In The Skies - This song. This song caught me from the start. The lyrics are real deep (to me) and I still remember them: "Swimming through the smoke of the bridges I have burned / Dont apologize / I'm losing what I don't deserve"
    4. Empty Spaces - Another interlude. Sounds of crickets and marching and gun battles (like civil war)
    5. When They Come For Me - I don't remember this song much but Chester had some amazing lyrics going on in this song.
    6. Robot Boy - A really strong song. Mike sings in this one and its kind of like hes yelling at a little kid. 7. Jornada Del Muerto - An interlude. Kind of depressing because I was looking forward to this song a lot.
    8. Waiting For The End - The next single. Kind of forgot about this song now though. =\
    9. Blackout - Dear god. Chester screams his face off in this song. Its amazing. The last part of the song is awkward though on first listen. It transitions into a different sound and you think its the next track, but isn't.
    10. Wretches And Kings - Oh dear lord. If you don't play this song at max volume then you can't judge it. Mikes rapping is ridiculous. Chester's singing is ridiculous. This song will MELT FACE LIVE.
    11. Wisdom, Justice, And Love - Another interlude. This one is of a speech by MLK which gets more distorted as it goes on which leads into...
    12. Iridescent - This is one of my favorite songs. It has some epic drumming (think Across the line / TLTGYA build up drumming) along with some sweet chanting, I guess? Really drew me in.
    13. Fallout - Another interlude, but this one I liked. Mike took Chester's lyrics from "Burning in the Skies" (the lyrics from above) sang them, then distorted his voice. I thought it was cool.
    14. The Catalyst - Lol you know.
    15. The Messenger - Starts with acoustic guitar, then Chester singing with acoustic guitar, then some piano?

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Can. Not. wait. any.. LONGERRRRRRRRR

Thanks for the review!

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.