I need some lyrics?

Discussion in 'Your Projects' started by Metamorphosiss, Oct 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Metamorphosiss

Metamorphosiss Well-Known Member

I need some lyrics to play with my new band. So ... can I use some of yours.

thx

- Ivan

arT saveS

arT saveS Y2K

lol, um I don't think people will let you. Mainly because most of us are scared of plagerism, and if your band gets to the top before the rest of ours, and have our lyrics, you can say they are yours. I'm not saying you would do that or anything, I'm just saying most people wouldn't feel safe doing that. Besides, you should write your own lyrics. And if you can't write your own, just do covers. Thats what most people do.

What kind of band do you have? I can recommend some lyrics. Music is my life.

Ander

Ander LPA VIP LPA Super VIP

:lol: take the easy way out

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

You most definitely can't use any of mine.

And if I find out you've used my lyrics, you'll have hell to pay. :)

Methybrea

Methybrea Well-Known Member

??? Why don't you write lyrics for your own band

(w00t) What an idea!

C'mon, man. Unless you recruit somebody for your band as a lyric writer, you should just try to pick and choose the lyrics people write on here! :rolleyes:

arT saveS

arT saveS Y2K

:lol: take the easy way out [/b][/quote]
    Yep. :p

I'll tell you what Metamorphosis...if I write some really really shitty lyrics, I will give them to you, and you can do whatever you want, you can even rip it up, put it in chili, eat it up, #### it out, and redo the whole thing...than you go ahead. ;)

LPfankasmusse

LPfankasmusse Active Member

hey, why not write your own? one strategy i use ( this is if you've got a topic,story etc, but can't put it into words ) is by starting with 'key words', ( or even sentences ) i don't know if it'd work for you or anyone else, but i felt like suggesting it. :rolleyes:

arT saveS

arT saveS Y2K

Thats a good idea, but personally I think it's better to write about personal experiences/feelings. ^_^

Welcome to LPA. :)

LPfankasmusse

LPfankasmusse Active Member

yeah, i know. ( hope that didn't sound harsh )
    but if you've had certain experiences, feelings and you don't know how to put them down, into sentences etc... you could try using a keyword about the situation.
    but this is just my strategy, i'm not saying it'd work for anyone else.
    it was worth a try...
    you can use some choruses i've come up with if you like :rolleyes:

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

So rather then spend the time to make your own lyrics, you want to take the lyrics of others and claim them as your own I'm guessing? What you are doing is not only lazy, but also disrespectful to the people who actually take time to write their lyrics for intended use in thier own band.

I might be in a band soon and you can be damn sure all the lyrics I've posted are for myself, and for my own personal use. If you want to have little respect and be known as the band that doesn't write thier own lyrics like pop stars, then do so but don't take the lyrics of hardworking artists who write music for THEMSELVES for your own personal use.

And just like Will, if I find out you are using my lyrics there will be hell to pay. Take the time and write lyrics with someone else in your band, don't hog off the abilities of others. Besides, this forum is for posting your own work, not asking to take other people's work for your own use.

I hate to come off harsh but think about what your asking here, if you really dont wanna write your own lyrics, contact a professional songwriter. Although, I urge you for your own good to write your own lyrics and not sample songs from others, you'll get much more respect that way.

Thread closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.