I Think I'm Alone Here But...

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Zach, Jun 10, 2009.

Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

I don't really like this CD as much as I did before, after having the amazing CD's Meteora and Minutes To Midnight has anyone kind of left this CD behind? I still like it in general but I never listen to it and I never think about it.

P.S. if the title to the thread is bad I'm so sorry :(

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

In terms of Linkin Park albums, Hybrid Theory is a classic. I don't listen to it as much anymore, or any of their other albums, but that's only because I'm older now and I'm listening to other types of music. I don't love Hybrid Theory any less though. Their other albums haven't had much of a lasting impact with me, so I'm the opposite. I prefer Hybrid Theory over their other releases.

Jordan

Jordan Secret Robot

Hybrid Theory is the only album of theirs i still put on from time to time.

SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

ya Hybrid Theory is probably the album that has the most replay value out of all of them..I can still listen to all of Hybrid Theory with out skipping a few songs..even tho its not my favorite LP album...It doesnt have a single track that doesnt deliver and none of them feel like fillers

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I don't bump "Hybrid Theory" as an album very often at all anymore, but I have an MP3 playlist of LP tracks which I'm addicted to, and among them are "Papercut" and "Points Of Authority", which are pretty much the two tracks from the album I listen to most often, by far.

Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

Listen to it with a friend. It's strangely fun... lol

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I have actually done that, quite often. :lol:

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

The thing with me is that Meteora, of all the albums, has had a lasting impression with me. I love Hybrid Theory and I love Minutes to Midnight, and I do agree that of all the albums that Hybrid Theory is a classic and that it's definitive of what Linkin Park started out as. However, I grew very fond of Meteora despite its heavy amount of similarities to Hybrid Theory, and as much as I loved Minutes to Midnight it wasn't an *amazing* album.

I dunno, there's just something about Meteora that makes me favor it above the other ones.

Rosh

Rosh Well-Known Member

Yes.

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Althought it's not my favourite of all the albums, I certainly agree with everything else you've said.

Babali

Babali Well-Known Member

I love this album and will probably always regard all of their albums as classic. I'm a fan of good music, and Hybrid Theory has amazing music.

I don't understand about growing out of Linkin Park. They're not The Jonas Brothers. I think as your music tastes change you can still enjoy and learn from albums that have been with you for years and years.

When I listen to music, though, not very much is off limits. I'm fascinated by anything we, as a species, produce artistically, unless it's for the wrong reasons(like to be famous and get lots of stuff for yourself).