If ATS leaks early, would you download it?...

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by kezly87, Jul 25, 2010.

El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

That's the way I see it too

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I am rather picky about quality though, so if the first leak that comes out is like 128kbps or a VBR rip, I might wait until a better one pops up...it'll depend on my will power.

El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I won't, flac or 128kbps, it doesn't matter to me. If the song is good it's gonna be good anyway. If I have to hear every little sound to appreciate a song, then fuck that song..

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

So, okay. I'm a Warner Rep, and I'm sueing all of you. Even the one's who've bought the Album already. I don't support this shizzle, got it!? :lol:

No, really. I feel that listening to a low quality is okay.

As long as it's 128 kbs or above.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Probably, yeah.

Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

Definitely won't. I want the CD in my hand reading the booklet while listening. But Derek, are you going to post it on LPA? Could you at least make a rule against talk about it. I hate any leaks of any kind including verbally.

Switchback

Switchback Well-Known Member

I hope it doesn't leak before the 10th/11th. After that, it's fine.

And, yes.

Hellions

Hellions Banned

I'll will be listening the moment a 320kbps rip or higher hits the net with no remorse. ;)

Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

I already bought it, so maybe. I said that this year I would buy Eminem and LP's albums and failed at buying Eminem's because downloading the leak spoiled it. I'm not motivated to buy it anymore.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Don't worry, we will ban anyone posting / asking for links regarding ATS. We'll also be enforcing a none spoiler rule, where members won't be allowed to post lyrics in their signatures until release day. Unfortunately, we can't prevent discussion, but we'll try to keep it all in one place like here, the ATS forum. Or the news post announcing the leak. To be honest, depending on when it leaks, you may want to avoid LP sites all together. :lol:

Switchback

Avenged Sevenfold did a pretty good job at making sure their album didn't leak too early. Perhaps Linkin Park can do the same? Normally, I'd support the leak, but I don't want it to leak until after 10th/11th.

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

If the Catalyst leaked say...RIGHT NOW, I would so download that. But as for ATS, I would SAY no. However, it's easy to say no. I'm not sure if I'll be able to resist myself when the time comes. I just hope it doesn't leak AT ALL. I think a single can help last me until September 14th. The reason for not downloading it has nothing to do with guilt. As someone said earlier, I just spent 130 freaking dollars on it! But it's the experience that I would miss out on. Gosh...maybe I would listen to one other leaked song if it was on Youtube. This is a good question!

Come on man! You should support the artist and BUY the album! It's hard not to listen to leaks, but you should still buy the album. Unless if you're dirt poor or something. Eminem put the whole album on his myspace like 3 days before Recovery came out. But I still bought the album anyways!

Last edited: Jul 26, 2010
    cradle

cradle Foreword LPA VIP

Same here, When MTM leaked i wanted dwnload it so bad, but i got the real shiz 2 days after release plus the cd/dvd combo aftr a week, Support your FAV artists FTW !!!! :D

ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

Yeah, I would. But I'd still buy the CD.

Jordan

Jordan Secret Robot

I'll download it when at least a V2 comes out i suppose. Then when it leaks in FLAC i'll download it again, assuming it's worth hearing again.

Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

I would definitely download it. But I would be sure to buy a physical copy on release day.

OkamiSensei

OkamiSensei gas.mask.angel

Maybe I'd give The Catalyst a listen, but I'd rather wait until release day for the whole album.

Switchback

Although I realise The Wiki's not always the best place to get reliable information, the page for A Thousand Suns states that the album will be released on the 8th September in Japan. However, there's no source link. Does anyone know whether this is true?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Thousand_Suns

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

Not sure but put Australia in there!

I would not download it - listening in bad quality always ruins the listen.

the11thdoctor

the11thdoctor Resident Time Lord

I always say I won't download any leak... Then the leak hits and I'm like "it's ok... i can handle the wait..."
    Then I read something about the songs... then a couple days pass and I'm goin batshit crazy... then I download the leak.

So yeah... I'll download the leak if/when it happens... It's not like I'm not gonna buy the album anyway. Actually, I'll buy it probably 3 times. Already got the SE preordered. Then I'll get the clean version from iTunes probably (definitely if there are bonus track(s)... and I'm pretty confident there will be)... Then I'll get the regular one from Best Buy so I'll have the regular artwork. And I'm still on the fence about the $100 version... I want it baaaaad!